Eight

Three Love Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Eight:

 

(Jaejoong)

 

I ran as fast as I could down the stairs. It was almost eight in the evening and I am sure to get a scolding from my parents for arriving this late at night. I breathed a sigh of relief when the family car was still parked at the school parking lot. The driver opened the car and I got in.

 

I had been busy with the preparations for the elections that I had lost track of time. I would have finished everything sooner but I couldn’t concentrate on what I was doing.

 

It was all because of Jung Yunho. What he said to me the last time we met stuck in my head like glue. I couldn’t get it out no matter how hard I tried.

 

“One day Kim Jaejoong, I know one day you will find yourself in my position. You will hate me and love me at the same time. When that day comes I will show to you who I really am.”

 

I shook my head to erase the memory from my head. Since that time I had been doing everything I could to avoid Yunho. I didn’t like the uneasy feeling that I felt whenever I was around him.

 

What he said to me that day struck at my very core. I never thought about love. I never thought about anyone other than myself and pleasing my parents. I didn’t have time for friends and to even entertain the thought of having a lover. Love was something that makes logical things illogical. That was something I did not need in my life.

 

But ever since meeting Jung Yunho, my life has changed and I did not like it one bit. I was falling behind my school work. I was late in some classes. I couldn’t concentrate on school. Because of that my parents most especially my mother was not happy. When they are not happy, they made sure that no one else was.

 

When I got home I expected my mother waiting at the main door ready to point out my flaws and how disappointed she was with me. But to my surprise my mother wasn’t there. I was directed to the garden. I was told that dinner would be served there.

 

That made me even more suspicious. Dinner was always served in the dining room. Everyone had to be there. Prim and proper, that was how we were raised. To my surprise my father and three siblings were having dinner in the garden. They were talking and laughing. Even Heechul seemed interested in the conversation he and my father was having. Junmyeon was there beaming with happiness that he was able to join the family for dinner.

 

“What’s going on?” I asked out loud when I saw them.

 

I could not believe that it was my family that I was seeing. I must be dreaming. There was no way any of this could be real.

 

“Jaejoong! You’re finally home. Sit down and have dinner with us.” My father said sounding extremely happy.

 

I reluctantly sat beside Jaehee who was busy eating her ice cream. I looked at Heechul who was sitting across from me. He frowned when our eyes met and then shrugged his shoulders.

 

My father was unusually happy during dinner time. He talked to us casually as if we were equals. He insisted that we talk to him informally and even made a few jokes in between conversations. He didn’t ask me about school and didn’t mention anything about disappointment or my failures.

 

“Where’s mother?” I asked after taking a bite from dinner.

“She’s in New York.” Father answered.

“What is this all about? You’re not acting like yourself.” Heechul asked.

 

He had stopped eating and was eyeing our father closely. My father smiled a little then pushed his plate aside. His face turned serious and it was like he was his usual self again.

 

“Nothing gets past you, right Heechul? Very well enough of this nonsense. We are expanding our business in New York, which is why your mother is there. For the next few months we will be in New York. You and Jaejoong have school here and Junmyeon is too sick to go with us, so the three of you will stay.” Father said with his face now serious.

 

He paused for awhile making sure that all of us were paying attention. My brothers and I were giving him our utmost attention while Jaehee was in a world of her own busily eating her ice cream.

 

“While we are away, we will be taking Jaehee with us.” Father said.

“What?” Heechul exclaimed standing up from his seat.

 

Upon Heechul’s outburst Jaehee looked up from her ice cream and looked at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter