One

Three Love Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter One:

 

“It was December when I met him. I was still in high school at that time trying to finish school just in time for graduation. Of all the things that I hated most in the world it was studying that topped the list. My distaste for studying reflected in my grades and my parents had to resort to desperate measures to save me from completely failing in high school.

 

My family had a reputation to uphold and having a high school drop-out for a son is not something my parents would allow.

 

So they did the most reasonable thing and hired me a tutor. It was then that I met him.”

 

_____________________________________________

 

“What is the meaning of these grades Kim Heechul?” My mother shouted upon entering my room.

“Drat! I knew I should have locked the door.” I mumbled upon seeing her.

“Is this what you mean by fine when we asked you how was school?” She continued with her face practically red.

 

I didn’t answer her. Instead I continued to play with my game console. I was lying down on my bed still wearing my school uniform. By ignoring her I knew I was pushing her to her limit.

 

My mother was not as strict as my father so I usually ignored her fits and complaints. Her coming to my room and screaming at me for my poor performance in school was nothing new to me. In fact I had expected her to barge in to my room days ago.

 

“Are you listening to me Kim Heechul?” She asked crossing her arms across her chest.

 

It was then that I looked at her. My mother married my father at the age of 21 just before she was about to enter college. Her family and my father’s family arranged for them to get married seeing the good relationship that the two families had. My father and mother even though they were married were never truly had been in love with one another. They were different in so many ways and those differences are what made them unable to fall in love. It didn’t take a genius to realize that the only reason why my mother had married my father was money.

 

It was all about the money. It was always about the money.

 

My mother turned 39 last month. We had a grand celebration. Everyone in the family was there. The party dragged on throughout the night and it bored the living daylights out of me. But there was one person that made it all worthwhile, and that person had decided to walk in my room just as my mother stopped shouting.

 

“Oppa? Why is mommy shouting? I couldn’t sleep.” She asked in her tiny voice.

“See? See the problems that you are giving to people? Even your own sister is having a hard time because of your irresponsible attitude.” My mother said blaming me for everything as usual.

“If you hadn’t been shouting mom then Jaehee wouldn’t have woken up. It is nine in the evening.” I answered her.

 

It was the first time that I addressed my mother this day and sure enough she wasn’t pleased at my answer. Jaehee walked towards me and lied down beside me resting her head on my chest.

 

She wrapped her arms around me and closed her eyes. It didn’t take long for her to fall asleep.

 

“Heechul, you’re already eighteen and next year you will be in college. Your grades are disgraceful. We have given you everything. Why can’t you pay us back by making us proud? Why can’t you be like your brother Jaejoong? I never had problems with him.” My mother said in a more subtle manner now.

“There she is again… comparing me with my “perfect” younger brother.” I thought to myself.

 

I took a deep breath and slowly placed Jaehee’s head on top of my pillow.

 

“I hate to disappoint you mom, but I will never be like Jaejoong.” I told her with a serious face.

 

The surprised expression on my mother’s face was what I had expected. I knew that I would be rattling a few feathers by speaking out my mind but it had to be done.

 

“That’s right. I will never be like Jaejoong. I am not your robot that will just say yes in everything that you ask of me. I have my own mind and I chose to do what I want to do.” I added not letting my mother affect me.

 

My mother took a deep breath then crossed her arms across her chest.

 

“You leave me with no choice. Your computer games are going to be confiscated. You are grounded. You will be brought to school and after school is done you will go straight home. You will not be allowed to leave the house unless it is school related. Until your grades improve, we will hire a tutor for you. That will be your routine from now on.” My mother said sternly.

“What?! You can’t do that!” I shouted at her getting up from my bed.

 

My mother said nothing more and turned around to walk out of the room. She didn’t bother to ask for my opinion nor did she bother to hear what I had to say.

 

“Damn it!”

 

I was about to shout but then I remembered Jaehee was asleep on my bed. I ran a hand over my face and without any second thoughts I took my jacket and opened my window. I knew that the moment I stepped out of my room bodyguards would be there to stop me. So, I took my usual route out the window and climbing down the tree that was just in front of my room. I managed to sneak past the security by going out the servant’s entrance. I walked for a while. I wanted to calm myself down.

 

“Grounded? Hire a tutor? No way! There was no way am I going to let that happen. I am Kim Heechul for crying out loud!” I exclaimed a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter