Five

Three Love Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I am updating this in behalf of Anika! Double Update! Happy reading everyone! - Seul Young, 8.16.14

____________________________________________

Chapter Five:

 

“Seasons change. It’s part of life. I met you in spring and it was the best thing that had happened to me. Meeting you I did not regret. Yet, as seasons change soon spring will give way to winter. It’s then that I dreaded meeting you.”

___________________________________

 

I looked out the window and saw the garden. Trees and a few flower beds were in it. My mother had hired gardeners to take care of it because I asked her to. I wanted so badly to walk around it and feel the leaves with my hand. I wanted smell the sweet fragrance of the flowers. But, I couldn’t.

 

Its September now, soon it will be winter and the flowers will begin to wilt. The trees would be barren and the garden will be covered in a boring blanket of white.

 

I gave a deep sigh as I watched the view from my room. There was a knock on my door and I turned away from the window to see who it was.

 

“Master Junmyeon, your father has requested to talk to you.” Our butler said entering my room.

 

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at our butler with a confused expression. My father – no – rather my parents rarely came to talk to me. They only came to talk to me when it was of utmost urgency. I became worried because of that.

 

“Is there something wrong? Why does my father want to talk to me?” I asked him.

 

My voice came out hoarse and small, barely in a whisper.

 

“I don’t know Master Junmyeon. I was instructed to take you to the library.” He said.

 

I nodded my head and removed the blanket from my lap. He walked towards my bed and helped me move from my bed to my wheelchair. It took us a few minutes to do so. Our butler was a bit old and it took a lot of strength to carry me. We could have easily let other maids help us but my parents only let our butler take care of me and no one else.

 

Our butler wheeled me towards the library and wheeled me in the room. I saw my father sitting on a chair near the fire place. His secretary was by his side and next to him was a boy my age dressed like my father’s secretary. He had deep brown sleepy eyes and he smiled when he saw me.

 

My father looked up from the book that he was reading and smiled at me.

 

“Junmyeon, how are you feeling?” He asked me gently.

 

I had to smile hearing how gentle my father’s voice was. It wasn’t because I was happy to hear the gentleness that was in it rather, it was because I knew the real reason for his smile and gentleness. I bet he keeps thinking about it. He keeps remembering what the doctor told him.

 

“You need to be gentle with Junmyeon. He can’t be stressed out. He has to remain calm and avoid being excited. If not, if he has another attack, it might be fatal.”

 

Fatal, it meant I could die. That was why my father was being gentle. If not for that fact, he would treat me the same way he treated my older brothers. Jaehee and I, we were the exceptions, I being sick and Jaehee being the youngest.

 

“I’m alright.” I answered him devoid of any emotion.

 

What he mistook as calmness actually is my withdrawing from the world around me.

 

“I have someone I would like you to meet. This is Zhang Yixing. He will be living with us from now on. He will be your friend and will help take care of you. Yixing this is my son, Junmyeon.” My father said introducing me to the other boy in the room.

 

The boy bowed his head to me and smiled again. I didn’t smile back. I merely nodded my head acknowledging that he was there.

 

“Friend? This boy was going to be my friend?” I asked myself looking at Yixing.

 

I’ve never had friends before. I was never given the opportuni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter