Moving on

Chanyeol Was Here

When we arrived at home, the driver asked me to stay for a moment. He reached into a bag and pulled out something that he was holding in at an angle that I couldn't see it well. What is it? Is it a gun? Oh god! Is he going to shoot me?! "Here." His arm extended out to me and he handed me a fluffy bunny. Hesitantly, I reached out and grabbed the bunny. It's fur felt so great under my fingers. My eyes couldn't leave the bunny, "Master Chanyeol asked that I give that to you."

"Y-yes thank y..." The last word wouldn't come out as I gulped back tears. But it wasn't hard for the driver to know what I was trying to say and he just nodded.

"Mei, I think that you should get inside before your feet won't carry you there." He was right, eventually, I would be crying so hard that I wouldn't be able to move. I bowed, as a thank you, to the driver before closing the car door and going to my house. My key turned in the lock as I unlocked the door and brought myself in. 

After closing the door behind me, I went to my room and weakly sat onto my bed. Immediately, tears welled in my eyes. Attempts were made to hold back all of my tears from this stressful day, but what is the point? Nobody is here to see the rain. I looked down towards the bunny and pet it's soft fur a little bit before the stress build up was just too much. Tears spilled from my eyes as I held the bunny to my chest, "Why?! Why?! Ahhh! Ah ah ah..." I screamed out my feelings but it was a weak cry of confusion and anger. Eventually, I found myself just wanting to sleep. The drowsiness took over and I laid down on my bed and cried myself to sleep.

 ......

When I woke up, I looked at the ceiling and wondered what had made me so miserable. All that was evident was that my heart hurt. Rolling over brought my answers, I was face to face with my bunny, "Ah that's right..." the bunny triggered all of the memories back. There was a sudden urge to crying but I wouldn't allow myself to, "Stay strong. Don't become a weak victim." I straightened my back and slid off of my bed.

I walked with the bunny in my left hand. I sat down on my couch and the TV after making a quick stop in the kitchen, taking a bag of chips...Watching TV will make me feel better. My eyes were directed down and concentrating on opening the bag when I heard something familiar. It was the beginning of Afterschool Club. There was a time when I used to watch that with Chanyeol and I would dance with him when a member got up to dance or sing.

"I wonder who will be on today." I mumbled to myself as I fumbled with my chips bag.

"Too much, neoya, your love, igeon overdose." The song began and my head shot up as each of the Exo member's faces appeared on the screen before me, "No..." I barely got out words through my scratchy throat.

"Hey guys, we are here with Exo! Yay~ I think many fans have been worried since there are rumors of Luhan leaving as well." Eric Nam smiled to ease the obviously growing tension throughout the studio.

Luhan looked down at his microphone and then lifted it up with what seemed like a great deal of strength, "Well I am not one who you need to worry about." Luhan forced a smile, a smile that would seem believable to most but not to me, someone who knows him a little better. After a slight pause, Luhan lifted the microphone back up to his lips, "We are one! E-X-O! Let's pray for Kris hyung who we should all be concerned with right now, not me."

Luhan left everyone feeling hopeful, except me. I was instead left with an uneasy feeling, "Well said, Luhan" the cameras were back on Eric, "So guys, how do you think your relationships with the fans have been recently?" Eric looked around for one of the guys to volunteer an answer. 

When nobody offered to answer, Kevin Woo called to someone who I didn't want to look at "Chanyeol, where is your 'happy virus' vibe? Do you have anything to say?" It was true, Chanyeol had been looking very abnormal.

"Ah I am just tired." Chanyeol lied and it was probably only obvious to me, "And about the fans... I'm afraid I may have disappointed a fan. I hope they aren't upset." Chanyeol looked down.

"Oh you think you hurt a fan?" Kevin looked sympathetically towards him.

"I know I hurt her but I don't know what I am supposed to do now." Chanyeol had a sad smile on his face as he looked down at his hand that was resting in his lap.

"I see, was she the lucky girl that you met after your concert last night?" Eric asked curiously.

"Yeah but I don't know how lucky she really was, I think I made it hard for her." Chanyeol sighed heavily. My heart sank to see him in such a sad state.

"Do you wish to meet with her again?" Both Eric and Kevin were interested now.

"I do, but I don't think that will be possible. There are things that are getting in the way." Chanyeol sighed but forced a smile.

"I think we could try to help you out in a couple ways. But first, do you think that she is watching?" Eric asked, probably hoping I was. But he was making me curious. How is he going to help us out?

"She probably is watching, not for me but for the rest of Exo. I know she likes the show."

"Is that so? Is there anything that you would like to say to her?" Kevin eagerly looked at Chanyeol.

Chanyeol thought about it for a moment before letting the deep voice, I know so well, flow into the microphone, "Yah giggle bug, I'm sorry, ok? Don't think I will forever let you leave as upset as I know you were. I am normally happy virus but just knowing that when I saw you, I didn't catch your giggle bug, makes me abnormally sad. Please giggle for me, yeah? Please? I don't want you sad because it makes me sad too. Giggle on my giggle bug." Tears welled in my eyes again as I heard him calling me my nickname.

 

~Flashback~

 

Chanyeol tickles you lightly and you start having a giggle fit and he starts giggling with you, "You're so cute" Chanyeol chuckles and you glare slightly.

"I am not! I was just responding to your annoying tickles! Stop!" Chanyeol continued tickling you, causing more giggles.

"Haha your giggles are contagious" Chanyeol said laughing.

"No it's embarrassing!" You pouted cutely and a blush hinted at your cheeks.

"No it's cute. Haha giggle on my giggle bug!" He smiled brightly and kissed your cheek, making you blush a lot more.

 

~End of flashback~

 

"I forgive you Channie. Please forgive me" The screen became blurry from my tears.

"That's very cute Chanyeol, let's talk later" Eric smiled and turned to continue on with the show but I turned the TV off.

*ring ring* My phone began ringing so I got up and grabbed it off the counter, "Yeboseyo?...ah Ming! Yes I'm fine.... yeah I saw..... ok then, let's meet there.... ok bye." We easily made a plan within 15 minutes of talking.

Lacking the desire to watch TV anymore, I pried myself off of the couch and approached the kitchen. My mouth was dry from my sleep and the fact that I was crunching into a handful of salty chips wasn’t helping my thirst. The fridge door swung open in my tightened fist and I grabbed a smoothie, "Geez that was my last one." Disappointed that I would have to go to the store, I went to my room and got dressed in another cute outfit.

Soon I was ready so I grabbed my purse and headed out the door. When I arrived at the café we had decided to meet at, she wasn't there yet. Time ticked by fast but I didn't even notice it as 25 minutes past. As I waited for her, I played some games on my phone. My character was about to level up when an email message interrupted me and the avatar died. I cursed quietly and checked the message. It read:

Hey Mei, I am going to be late since my uncle just came for a surprise visit. You might want to do something else to pass the time...he talks a lot...

A sigh pressed out of my chest as I read the email. But the memory of my fridge that was empty of smoothies ran across my mind, "I guess I should go to the store then." 

The store I was planning on going to wasn’t very far. Once I had arrived, I was surprised by the lack of people shopping. This store is a huge supermarket and it's always busy. But there isn't anyone here. Whatever, I will just get my smoothies and leave. Since the store is so large, I had to walk to the other end just to get to the smoothie choices, "What the hell? You've got to be kidding me!" When I had actually gotten there, the type of smoothie that I like was all out! "Gosh... now what do I do?" Agitation was the only thing I could feel until someone tapped me on my shoulder.

"Excuse me miss, you are blocking the way." I turned to look at a nerdy looking guy. His voice hinted that he was possibly gay but that doesn't matter. He pointed behind me, so I swiveled to see what was so exciting behind me. There was a huge crowd of girls that I hadn't even noticed before. Oh that must be all the shoppers! "Miss, why don't you just come here too?" He seemed a bit agitated that I was in the way. It must be blocked in all other directions then. 

"Oh ok I'm sorry for being in your way." I obediently went towards the crowd since there were no smoothies for me to get anyway. As I approached the enormous group, I realized there were to male voices coming from the center of the group...familiar voices, "Excuse me sir, but what is so exciting over here?" Slowly, I looked back to the nerdy guy from before to see if he could answer some of my questions.

"It's Kevin and Eric of course! Didn't you see the sign?" With my oblivious expression, he pointed towards one of the cash registers in the front, "The sign over there that says that they are having a surprise visit/fan meeting... Did you see it?" My ponytail swished as I shook my head, "Well anyway, they are here and I would really like to see them" I took the hint and moved to the side for him to get through. On his way past, he bumped me, making me lose my balance and causing me to stumble into the stack of ramen next to me. After hitting that, I slid to my side as I squeezed my eyes shut.

"Mei!" There was a whispered and strained shout coming from near by. My eyes opened slightly to see who it was.

"Ch-Chanyeol??" Now my eyes nearly popped out of my head.

"Shhh! Nobody can know that I am here. That's why Kevin and Eric are covering for me. Please come with me.. oh and are you okay?" He looked me side to side (Since she is laying on the ground still) with concern pinching his eyebrows together. To relieve him, I stood up and looked both ways before crossing to him. The moment I reached him, he pulled me into a tight hug, "I was so worried that you wouldn't come." Chanyeol's voice trembled but his arms held me closer.

"Chanyeol, why are you here?" I leaned my head back to see his face.

"I needed to see you again, to apologize. I don't want you to be saddened by me and I want to fix things." As I listened to the sound of his voice, something clicked inside me.

"Oppa, go home. Go to dance practice, eat properly, sleep well, and get married to Dara. You need to move along in your life. You need to move along happily." 

"What?! Are you already giving up? So soon?!" My eyes met with his and I forced myself to keep a firm expression and not look away.

"It's not giving up. It's just moving on. We never had to try to see if it would work because I know it wouldn't. Please move on too and be happy." There was a barbie smile on my face, one of the fakest I know.

"I- what is it that you are saying about Dara? I don't like her!" 

"Chanyeol... I know you secretly like her and I want you to get something special like her." There wasn't any more that I could take without crying, so I slipped out of his arms and walk away as he called desperately after me. I didn't dare turn around... if I did, he would see that I didn't mean the things I said. If he knew that, he would never move on.

_________

Sorry~ I have been busy >.< mianhe! I will update as soon as I can, though I am pretty busy with school lately.