When he was there

Chanyeol Was Here

I opened my eyes and he was there. My bed head was obvious and I shook my face, jiggling my cheeks. I knew what I saw was not truly there, just memories of the past.

My stomach muscles tightened as I sat up and lazily walked towards the bathroom. I flicked the lights on in the bathroom and squinted at the sudden burst of little suns. He was there again. Why is he smiling so stupidly? I did nothing for him, nothing to make him so happy, otherwise he wouldn't have left me. The cool water I splashed on my face woke me up. Using great effort, I washed my face, which easily made my face brighten and appear more awake. Eventually I left the bathroom and went to the kitchen.

"Yah! Stop looking at me and pay attention to the food! You are letting it burn!" I automatically yelled as I my mind played tricks on my again. This time he was cooking but ended up burning the food, causing smoke and his stupid smile remained. "Pabo" I muttered to myself and to him as I realized I was seeing things again and trudged over to the fridge. Grabbing an apple, I went to my computer to look at my emails and check the news. I had a couple emails, some were alerting me of discounts at various stores. One was from my friend, Ming, who wanted to know if I had any desire to go to an Exo concert with her. It also said that she completely understood if I felt too uncomfortable. My reply to Ming was; "I will think about it. Give me some time to think about it."

The core of my apple began to show so I threw it away and went back to my bedroom to get ready for work. I put on my café Uniform. Meticulously, my hands messed my hair into a pretty ribbon. I looked towards the clock on my bedside table. It read 7:55 AM. Since it's time to go to work, I walk towards the door of my house. My house is small but cute, I don't need a big house since I now live alone.

Locking the door, I started on my way to work at the coffee shop just a few blocks away but I want to be a little early everyday. I had an extra set of keys for the coffee shop since I am always there a little early. It's just in case the manager is running late. I didn't need them today because the door is unlocked. As I entered, I flipped the 'Closed' sign around so that it now read 'Open'.

"I am here!" my voice echoed through the almost empty coffee shop. I heard shuffling feet and was soon greeted by my manager. He is an attractive man. Having thick black hair, quite a tall and musclular structure, and he has a thin frame. Posing everything a girl would want! His personality is sweet and protective. But... I only like him as a friend and co-worker.

"Hi! Well, get behind that counter and let's have fun today ok? Smile!" he knew about the struggle I was having for the past 3 months and he was always acting cheery to make me happier.

"Okay! Cue the music and let's start!" we would start work when both of us were here, even if the other employees weren't here yet because we worked well together and because we didn't like making people wait.

People filed in and we danced behind the counter to CNblue's song 'Coffe Shop'. Another employee entered followed by another. They quickly joined the fun.

The rush calmed down and we all are doing different things. I am cleaning one of the cute tables that we have, "Here" I am startled by a cup being held in front of me. I looked up and see my manager standing there with a smile. I gratefully took the see-through cup and took a sip of my favorite drink.

"Why?" I asked once I stopped in through the straw to take a breath.

"Your shift is over! Go home and do something!  Maybe you should hang out with friends" he suggested to me that I see my friends. I nodded and walked back to my house.

......

I unlocked my door and there he was again, "Why are you still here?! Go home! I don't want you here anymore!" I yelled with an explosion of anger. I took a sip of my drink, stupidly remembering that my mind was playing tricks on me, and walked in shutting the door behind me. My tired body heaved itself down at the table where my computer is. There was a notification for a new email from Ming again saying that she understood. Consideration of emailing her back with my answer pinged through my mind but I figured that calling her would be better. Why didn't we text eachother? Ming's cellphone was stolen and she was getting a new one tomorrow.

I dialed her home phone number, "Yeboseyo?" Her modulated voice made me feel calm.

"Hello! It's Mei." 

"Oh! Hi Mei" she sounded all around cheery that I had called.

"I just wanted to tell you that I decided to go with you to the concert."

"Really?! Great! I am so sorry about the late notice..."

"It's not a problem! What time?"

"I will pick you up at 6:30. It starts at 7:30 but I thought we could eat something and do a little shopping, or just looking, before it starts."

"Alright! I will be ready!"

"Are you sure that you want to do this?" Her voice changed to general concern.

"Yes! I want to prove to myself that I can overcome this."

"Huh... you don't want to prove it to him?"

"What are the chances that we would see him?"

"Good point... alright, look cute and I will be at your house at 6:30!" We said goodbyes and hung up.

 ......

I got dressed for the concert, I wore a cute black top and jeans. Accesorizing with a necklace and grabbing the purse that went best with my outfit, I gave myself a quick pep-talk in the mirror. I heard a knock at the door and went to answer it, knowing that it was my friend. I opened the door and was instantly greeted by my friend's smile.

"Ready to go?" her voice sounded very excited, "You bet!" We exited through my door and I locked it behind me. Ming drove us to the area of the concert and we parked in a parking garage. We ate at a sushi shop and then went around window shopping. We came to a store that was for the same group that we were about to see in concert and I stopped walking. Ming looked to see if I had found something that I liked. When she saw that it was an Exo devoted store, she sighed, "Are you absolutely sure that you can do this?" I turned to her and saw the worry in her face.

"Yes I want to."

"No, it doesn't matter how much you want to, it's a matter of can you?" She was right, could I?

"Yes, lets act like nothing happened between me and Park Chanyeol."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course! We loved this group before the problems with Chanyeol, right? Why should we let him get in the way of our love for this group?"

"You are so tough! OK! Lets go have some fun!"

We headed towards the place where the concert was about to happen. We found our seats and sat down.

"I am so excited!"

"Me too! which one is your bias?" I knew she liked a lot so I asked her to see who see would say this time, "Luhan!" She squealed, I giggled.

"And who is yours, Mei?"

"Kris!" The lights in her eyes dimmed.

"Pick somebody who will be performing tonight" we both were hurt from Kris leaving, so we avoide talking about it when we are in public because we cry.

"Um then it would have to be Tao or maybe DO..." I love them all but I have four, never mind, three biases. Tao, Kris, and DO. My other top bias used to be Chanyeol, but now... The lights dimmed and smoke appeared on the stage. The concert was starting. When I turned to tell Ming that it was about to start and how excited I was, I jumped back in my seat a bit when I didn't see her...