Dinner With Kyungsoo

✵❈✵ An Obstacle After Another ❈✵❈
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     As my folks gathered around the table, they noticed that there was a stranger in the room. Most looked a tad bit confused, but decided to leave the matter alone. They were going to find out soon either way. Workers were filing into the dining room one by one. I noticed none of the guards or the gate openers were present. I guess they couldn't miss their evening shifts. Once the workers were seated, they started to chat amongst themselves waiting for my parents to come. Sara sat beside Kyungsoo, but looked the opposite direction, and started up a conversation with the maid on the other side of her. I looked over at Kyungsoo to see how he was doing and I saw that he wasn't doing very well. He looked around briefly to get a good idea of how many people there were, but then he gazed down nervously. He twindled his fingers and restlessly shook his knee up and down. 

      "You don't like people, huh?" I asked. He shook his head to say no. I guess he wasn't very comfortable being the center of attention.

     I sympathetically patted his back to help him feel better.  "It's okay, they won't bite. They are really nice to strangers." He looked up at me and gave me a soothing smile. It looked like he was better now but then he looked down again and kept shaking.  I suppose it would be harder than that to cure his bashfulness, so I tried talking to him.

      "So....why are you working? Doesn't your family's company provide enough money for your well being? " I asked curiously.

      He let out an annoyed sigh and looked at me with a slightly angry expression. "I didn't get into the school because of my family, I got in because of my grades." he hissed. "I have to work to earn money"

      'Well, what about your parents? Don't they work?" I asked, still not able to understand.

      "My mom is not well, and my dad left us when I was small." He said glumly, looking a little more angry.

      "oh....sorry." I said. I didn't want to upset him, I just wanted to know more about him, " What about your hyung?"

      "He works too, but he needs to focus more on his studies since grades don't come easy to him. He needs to pass his college years to get a good fulltime job" Kyungsoo was now giving me a deadly glare," Now can you stop being so nosy! Honestly, like it wasn't enough to force me to come here, even though I told you I'm busy, and now your asking about my personal life. Why are you like this to me? Look, I don't have friends and I don't want any, so leave me alone." He pushed his chair back and stood up. The chair's loud rumble turned everyone's attention towards Kyungsoo. "Sorry, may I be excused?" he asked, and without waiting for an answer he walked out of the dinning room. 

      I wasn't sure what to feel. Was I too hard on him? Was I nosy? Was I really that forceful? As I thought back at my actions, I realized how annoying I must have been to him. I looked down at my feet out of disappointment. I know I don't have the best mannerism when it comes to making friends, but I really did want to get close to Kyungsoo, something about him is special, he has this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter