Jinsoo's Second Attempt at School

✵❈✵ An Obstacle After Another ❈✵❈
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

      School ended and I was standing outside, in front of the gates, waiting for my driver to bring the car. Students were exiting the gates and giving me a funny look as they passed by, the same look I've been given the entire day. Amber had to go to the chairman's office, in other words her mom's office, during the last period, so I wasn't able to give her a proper thanks and goodbye. Without her, I would have only had these disgusted glares to remember from my first day.

      Ten minutes passed, before Chansung-ajusshi drove up front of the gate where I was standing. He opened one of the passenger seat doors for me, and I took a seat inside with my backpack on my lap. Once the door closed, I leaned against it and stared out into the distance empty minded.

     "So how was your first day, miss?" said Chansung-jusshi, as he started our car.

     "Meh," I replied, with no intensions of carrying on the conversation. Chansung looked at me with a puzzled expression, curious to know why my day wasn't so great, but he shrugged it off when he saw I didn't want to talk about it.

      When the estate gates came into view, I saw a small crowd of reporters waiting infront of the entrance. They saw our car driving towards the house and quickly rushed toward us. When the car got close to the gates, I persuaded ajusshi to let me out in front of the entrance to take care of the reporters. I could tell they wanted to see me. Judging from his face, it was obvious he didn't like the idea, but he still let me step out and drove on into the estate, leaving me behind in front of the open gates. I signaled the man incharge of the gates to shut the gates, as I would be here for a minute or two. I didn't want the press in the estate so I decided to deal with them before going home. The reporters realized I was free to them so they immediately started doing what they do best.

     "Today Cho Jinsoo, adopted daughter of Cho Hanjoon and Lee Jinsoo, owners of Joon Soo Electronics, was out of her house on her own, for the first time in eight years." stated a lady from the crowd. "You went to high school, yes? Hwa Yong academy?" I nodded and put on a fake smile to please the media.

     "She must have been the center of attention at school today. I bet you many were going after you just to be friends. School just ended and here she is. She was about head on home when she willingly gave us some of her time to share her thoughts about today. How about we hear it from her straight. How was your first day at the school, Jinsoo-sshi?" said a man to my right.

     "It was great, my first day went very smoothly. Hwa Yong Academy is amazing, it really is a great learning space, and a great place to make friends," I lied, for the sake of Amber and her mom. It was my way of showing them my gratitude. I didn't want the school to get bad reviews because of me."Many subjects and rooms to suite the different interests of students, I found it really comforting. Also, the students were very kind in welcoming me despite the fact that I looked like a foreigner. I got a reasonable work load today, as well. I can't wait to go tomorrow, but for today I am extremely exhausted and would like it if I could see my family now, so no more questions please, that would be all. "  

      I signaled the gate man to open the gates, then I quickly turned around and headed down the paved road to my house.  I looked back for a brief second and to my surprise, the reporters weren't following me. They seemed to have respected my wishes and started to wrap up the cameras and recorders. Thank goodness, I really was is no mood to talk to them right now.

❈ ❈ ❈

     Once I had gotten home, I took a shower then deci

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter