Say Hello to Amber Liu, My New Friend

✵❈✵ An Obstacle After Another ❈✵❈
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

      "Ah, finally found it! Locker 1030!" I announced. My voice echoed through the deserted halls. Everyone must have gone to their classes by now. I liked it better that way. I stuffed my coat and bag into my new locker and took out the books needed for the first two periods. I locked my locker and was about to head to class when I heard footsteps behind me.

 

      I looked to see who it was and saw a boy running towards me from the end of the hall. No wait, scratch that, to my surprise it was actually a girl. She had short, messy hair, which was black with purple streaks. She wore an olive green t-shirt under her uniform blazer and instead of the skirt, which was also part of the uniform for the girls, she wore black, baggy jeans that had a lot of pockets and zippers. No wonder I mistook her as a guy. Despite her boyish features, she still had narrow shoulders, a small waist and beautiful eyes. She stopped in front of my locker.

 

     "You're Cho Jinsoo, am I right?" she asked. I was shocked she wasn't panting after running so much, but even more shocked that she knew my name.

 

    "Oh um... yea...how did you know?" I asked. 

 

     "Well...um ....let me introduce myself. Annyeonghaseyo, My name is Amber and I am the daughter of the Chairman of Hwa Yong Academy" she smiled. "My mom sent me to find you. Our parents are very good business partners so I was sent to help you feel comfortable on your first day. Now tell me, what class are you in?"

 

     "Class 3A" I replied enthusiastically. I was glad someone finally welcomed me.

 

     "Really? I guess we're classmates then. Let's walk to our first period class together, okay?" Amber started to lead the way to our class.

 

     I laughed, " You're the only one who's been the least bit kind to me today, thank you." I said, as I bowed to show my gratitude. She beamed back.

 

     "Well, I'm not usually this kind." she admited.

 

      "Really? Then what makes me so special?" I asked out of curiosity.

 

     A smirk appeared on her face, " I saw you stand up to that jerk near the front entrance hall. That was quite a show you put on there." I felt my face heat up.

 

     "Well...um...I didn't do it on purpose or anything," I stuttered,  "I just got angry, I mean... like ...that guy thinks that he's the boss or something and-"

 

     Amber laughed out loud. "It's okay, I don't like him either. It was about time someone showed him. All the girls go crazy for his cold personality and amazing looks but all I see is a bossy potato"

 

     I couldn't help but crack up at that. Bossy potato... how accurate is that? I was starting to warm up to Amber, she reminded me a lot of Sara. They're both so easy to approach.  "So like, do you have lots of friends because you are the chairman's daughter and all?" 

 

     "Not really, see, I don't really like the students at this school so I don't put in the effort to make many friends. All they can do is judge and criticize and they miss the actual person inside." she ruffled her hair and gave me an unsatisfied look.

 

     "I'm guessing you speak from experience..... but don't students have to respect you because of your parents and with all the better-your-background-more-respect-you-get nonsense."

 

     "Oh, they respect me, but only when I am directly talking to them, otherwise, the moment I turn around, they start gossiping."

 

     "Ahh, I see", We arrived at our period-one class. I thanked Amber once more for her hospitality before we headed into class. But as I was about to go in, she tapped my shoulder.

 

     "Hey, Jinsoo, before we go in, can I ask you something?"

 

     "S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter