Sudden Turn of Events

✵❈✵ An Obstacle After Another ❈✵❈
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

      For the next 30 minutes I tried every possible way to escape and get to my audition. At first I was just trying to calm myself down and wrap my head around the fact that I was tricked. I sat in the dark, leaning against the door, fists red and tired from knocking and throat slightly sore from yelling. Once I was able clear my mind of most of my worries, I tried to think of tactics that would help get me out. I tried using a chair to break the knob on the door, but even after multiple attempts, the knob didn't even dent. Next, I tried the way they did it in the movies, by using a bobby pin. I fiddled around with the lock for what felt like hours, and then just gave up. I tried throwing tables at the door in the hopes of it breaking open somehow, but instead the table broke. In a different situation, I would have laughed at my fails. Then, I took one of the music sheets and used a darker coloured chalk to write a message on it. It read, "HELP ME! I'M LOCKED IN THE ABANDONED MUSIC ROOM!". I slid it under the door, hoping someone would see it when walking by.

      As I lay on the floor from exhaustion, my eyes wandered off to the bright curtains from across the room. The dusty curtains hung in uneven folds, partly hanging off the rail and an inch longer than the window itself. It was the only source of light in the dim lit room.  I got up and pushed the curtains to one side, letting in more sunlight through the dirty windows. I tried opening the window, but it was the kind that didn't open for student's safety. I was starting to lose hope, not to mention patience.

      When looking out the window, I realized there was a janitor walking by downstairs, so I started knocking on the window thinking he might hear me. He didn't, instead he just kept walking. I then immaturely decided to take action and break the window, if that's what it took to get the janitor's attention He was the only person I've seen so far since I've been locked. Okay...now let me just say, I was being an idiot. I took a chair and threw it as hard as I could at the window, but it just bounced back. As it fell back, one of the legs of the chair hit my forehead which made me fall back onto the floor. I lay my finger on my forehead where the chair hit me and felt something sticky and wet. I looked to see what it was in the room's filthy mirror, and sure enough, I was bleeding. How stupid can I possibly be....  ,I thought. And then it hit me, I was being a complete idiot. I should wait until the first period ends and then start making as much noise as I possibly could, there would be people to hear it then and would come to help. There would only be about thirty minutes left of the auditions, but it's better then never. Fortunately, according to my watch, there were only a few more minutes until the first period ended. Unfortunately, it took a bang to the head to get the idea.

       I plunged in two of the speakers, faced it towards the door and attached them to my mp3. I picked a song that I thought would be loud and fun and would attract attention, "Fantastic Baby". Then I cranked the volume up all the way and I rested my thumb on the play button, waiting for the bell to ring. 

      Ring - Ring

      I pressed play, quickly ran to the corner of the room and plunged my ears with my fingers.

      "YEOGI BUTEORA...MODU MOYEORA...WE GON PARTY LIKE LILILI LALALA..."

      The speakers blasted the song so loudly that there was no use in plugging my ears. The sound made the entire room shake, and I was able to feel the base of the song in my heart. I could feel myself vibrate to the rhythm and bounce around the room. I sat down in the center of the room and waited. By the time the song finished, the bell rang again, signaling the second period to start. And then, to my relief, I heard a voice outside the door.

      "Hello, is there anyone there?" said a familiar voice. 

      "YES! Yes there is," I said enthusiastically. Finally I was getting out of this prison cell. 

      "Okay, please step back from the door," the guy said.  A moment past before I heard a loud bang at the door and then the knob on my side fell, leaving a hole that I could see through to the hall. The door slowly opened on its own, revealing the owner of the voice, Sehun. He looked at me up and down, slightly confused. I looked back at him in awe. He was just standing there with nothing, meaning he probably kicked the knob off. Wow... I thought, Fantastic baby.

      "Having fun?" he said sarcastically. Seconds passed before I said anything.

      "I already tried breaking the knob off, and it didn't work, how did you do it?" I asked, while quickly getting my things and heading out the door.

      "You're just weak," he reasoned.

      "No, I'm not!" I argued. Then, Sehun laid a soft punch on my arm. "Ow." I said.

      "Weak," he repeated. I was thinking of a good comeback but then I glanced at my watch and realized there was about twenty more minutes until the auditions were over. I was thinking of sprinting there but I was already exhausted from trying to escape the room and I needed energy to perform, so I started speed walking. 

      "You should probably treat that." said Sehun behind me. I stopped in my tracks, turned around and I gave him a puzzled expression, unsure of what he meant. He gestured toward his forehead then pointed at me. Then I remembered the injury I got from throwing the chair at the window. The judges probably won't be very happy with me dancing while there is blood dripping down my face. I scanned the perimeter and spotted the girls washroom ahead of me, so I quickly ran inside and started to wash off the blood. I exited the washroom a few moments after and noticed Sehun a few meters ahead of me. I started fast walking again to catch up to him..

      "May I ask why you were in there?" said Sehun, once I was right beside him.

      "No you may not" I replied with no intentions of continuing the conversation.

      "Fine, but tell me,  was it you who blasted 'Fantastic Baby' down the halls?" 

      "Ye."

      "Ah........oh and how did you got hurt?" he asked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter