Chapter 2

❣ 'Til Life Do Us Part

You put all of the dishes on the table and made sure that everything he needed to eat was there and he could easily find it. Even though you had been angry at him yesterday, you couldn’t stay mad forever and the next day you were already pretending as if nothing had happened. This is how it always went, you would always forgive him and you never complained because you were scared that if you did he would walk away and would leave you. He never had to apologize, you would always move on and make yourself ready for the next time he would lash out on you. You were still tired, you hadn’t slept very well last night, there had been several things going through your mind, and it had made that you had barely slept.
 

Your eyes flew up when you heard the door of the bedroom close, Joonmyun was awake. Before he came into the kitchen you turned yourself away from him so your back was facing him. You didn’t want him to see the dark circles which were marking your eyes, not that he would care about the fact that you were tired, he would probably find it very amusing to see you suffer. When you heard the chair at the kitchen table shove backwards you sighed and wondered if you had to say good morning to him, it was like he ever greeted you back anyway. He would always look at you as if he couldn’t believe you were still that stupid to hope that he would ever like you the way you liked him. “Do you have any orange juice?” His voice reached your ear and you closed your eyes to keep yourself quite, after what he had done this was how he would react, each time again.

 

Would there ever come a time that he would cross the line? Would there ever be a moment you wouldn’t be able to take the anymore he always threw to you? You were someone who had always wanted to be in a relationship with a man who would treat you like a princes and with someone who truly loved you. And what were you doing now, you were living the exact opposite of the life you had been dreaming of. This man was nothing you had though he would be, you wished your parents had believed you when you had told them that marrying him wasn’t a good idea and would never make you happy. By now, now that you had come back home for many times, crying, now they believed you, but it was already too late. You were already bounded to this guy and you didn’t want to go through a divorce, god your life was so hard.

 

“Did you hear what I said?” His voice woke you up and made you turn around to him quickly, afraid that if you would ignore him again that he would get angry at you for not listening to him. “Yes, I did.” You mumbled and as a zombie you grabbed the can, making sure not to drop it in your clumsy state and put it down on the table in front of him, thinking that he was able to pour it unto his glass by himself. “You look tired, are you okay?” He suddenly asked and you almost kicked everything over that was on the table by surprise, he had never asked you something like that before. For one second the answer, ‘why would you care’ came into your mind but you pushed it aside again. This one time that he was interested in how you felt you couldn’t screw it up by being rude now. “I’m fine, I just didn’t sleep that well.” He nodded, not asking anything more about it.

 

You pretended not to care about it as you took your bag and your coat. Joonmyun kept himself focused on his breakfast and didn’t even seem to notice you were still in the same room as him, he had already blocked you out of his perfect world again, after all, you didn’t fit in his perfect world. “I’ll leave now.” You mumbled, knowing he wasn’t interested in your leaving anyway. He hummed in response while putting another piece of egg in his mouth and swallowing it. You walked to the front door and your shoes before getting out of the house and leaving that tensed sphere behind you. Sometimes you wanted to run away from that place, just because you didn’t feel comfortable and you felt as if you always had to be careful with everything you did and said, you couldn’t be yourself around Joonmyun and that made you sad, you wanted to show him who you really were.

 

The walk to school seemed much longer today than usual, maybe it was because you weren’t in the mood to sit in class all day. Normally you did, school was your escape, your way out from your horrible life. There you had friends who did like you and who loved to spend time with you. There you were appreciated for the work you did because it gave you good results. You were one of the smartest students from your class, incredibly good at science and math. Everything that had numbers in it, you were completely in love with it. People always asked you to tutor them because you were that good in it. At least there people did like you for what you could and they were interested in you.

 

When you arrived at your classroom there were two men waiting for you at your seat. For one second you wondered if you had to turn around and walk away, but then you saw your teacher standing in the front of the room with a smile on his face. You frowned and curiosity began to overtake your senses before you made your way towards the two guys. “Excuse me, can I help you?” You asked friendly, but still made sure to let them hear that you didn’t know how to think about this. They were both neatly dressed in a suit and they didn’t look dangerous, but you couldn’t be sure enough these days. “Oh, are you ________-shi?” One of them asked and you nodded your head slowly, then they both smiled at you and told you to sit down because they had something important to tell you.

 

“We are the directors of a science school in London, we’ve heard about you and your grades, they are extremely colossally. We didn’t hesitate for one more moment and we took the first plane to Korea to ask you a very important question.” Your eyebrows jumped up and your heart began to beat a little faster. London, you had always dreamt to go there, it was such a wonderful city and everyone who lived there seemed so classy and smart. “We were wondering if you want to attempt out school, where we have an excellent place for a student with your capacities. The gift that you have is not something we want to go to waste, we want to stimulate your knowledge and we think we can make you even smarted than you already are. Of course we understand that this is a very hard decision for you to make, you must have a life here in Korea and to leave it all behind like that for a scholarship… Still we hope you would like to give it a chance and at least think about it.”

 

He handed you a dossier that consisted out of a few pager, you assumed it was a contact you had to sign. He was right, it was a really big decision, but not one you would push aside immediately. “I will think about it.” You answered and they smiled at your answer, happy you weren’t backing out already. “That’s amazing. Then we’ll meet you here again tomorrow and then you can give us your final answer.” You nodded and they shook your hand before leaving the room. You smiled down at the paper in your hands and figured out that this was the best opportunity you would ever get to get away from here and to turn your life into something good. But if you would go then Joonmyun would never go with you, he would stay here. Could you miss him for that long? Wait, why would you care about his feelings, he never cared about yours before did he? And besides, he would be happy to be redeemed from you, you would only do him a pleasure by leaving. You had already made your choice, you were going to London.