Chapter 4

❣ 'Til Life Do Us Part

It was extremely late when Joonmyun returned home the next hour. He was exhausted of practicing his newest song and the only thing he wanted to do now was eat something and take a hot bath. He knew that his food would be ready if he came home, you always cooked for him if he stayed out late. His stomach already began to growl as he only thought about it. He loved the food you always made him, if he had to be honest you were the best cook he had ever met and he would kill for your home made food. If he could only tell you about that, but he couldn’t and he wasn’t sure if he ever would.
 

He was so angry at his parents for making them marry you, he had wanted to choose his own love, his own girlfriend and his own wife, but they hadn’t given him the chance to. And now he was stuck with you, not that he minded that, actually he didn’t mind about that at all. It was just as if he made you pay for the fact that his parents had made his decision and maybe he was a little too harsh for you, because after all it wasn’t your fault, you hadn’t chosen for this marriage either. Joonmyun sighed as he opened the door of the house and kicked his shoes out and dropped his bag at the door, he would clean it up another time, secretly he hoped you would take care of it so he wouldn’t need to worry about it anymore.

 

As always he didn’t say anything as he came home and went straight to the couch where he sat down. But then he noticed that it was extremely quiet in the house and that the lights in the kitchen weren’t on. Normally you were there at this time, cooking or doing the dishes, but you were not there. He frowned and raised from his seated position to see where you were. He walked through the house, but you weren’t in the bathroom, nor were you in the bedroom or in the dressing, you were nowhere to be found and he panicked a little inside. You should be home by this time, and you never went out at this hour of the night. He hesitated for a second and wondered if he had to call you, after all you were his wife, wasn’t it normal for him to be a little worried about you?

 

But he decided not to do it, why? He had no idea, because he was too stubborn, because he couldn’t shove his ego aside, because he didn’t want to let his cold behavior down just yet? He massaged his temples and felt as if he was being torn in between two parties. What was he going to do now? His eyes wandered around the room and suddenly fell on the place where the picture frame of you and your family had been standing, it was gone. You loved that picture, you had w-once told him that and he had pretended as if he hadn’t been listening to you, but actually he had heard everything you had said. It had been taken at your birthday and at that age you thought it had been the best day of your life, of course by now you knew better nut the picture was still special to you. There was no way you would put that picture away for no good reason.

 

And that was when it hit him, you weren’t in the house and the frame that was so dear to you was gone. He rushed to the bedroom where he kicked the door open so hard that it smashed against the wall and almost closed again. He looked around and saw what he hadn’t seen before when he had come here to look for you, all your stuff was gone. Your clothes were no longer folded next to his and your stuff was no longer standing at your nightstand, every sign of you had disappeared just like you had done yourself. It was then that he realized that you were probably not even coming back, you had taken everything with you and you weren’t going to return to this place again. This couldn’t be true right? You would never leave him without discussing things with him first, or would you?

 

This time he didn’t hesitate as he picked up his phone and dialed your number, which he secretly knew by heart. He held it up next to his ear and his eyes became big as it instantly got to voicemail and he knew you had turned off your phone, there was no way he was going to be able to reach you any time soon. He almost threw his phone in frustration as he tried again, even though he knew it wasn’t going to change anything, of course you still didn’t pick up. In his state of panic he searched for the number of all your best friend, and called them all to see if you were there, he had to find you, even if it was just to be sure that you were safe and that you weren’t alone. But after he had asked all of them if you were there, they had all told you that they didn’t know where you were. He sighed deeply as he sat down on the sofa, his hands in his hair, thinking about other places where he could look for you.

 

Why had you gone away in the first place? He didn’t think that things were that bad between the two of you…But as he thought about it he realized that things hadn’t been that great at all. He hadn’t been very nice to you since the beginning and he had always been mean at you. He knew how many times he had made you cry without even once apologizing to you for his harsh words. He had scolded you for the most horrible things and the worst about all of this was that he didn’t even mean them. He had just said that because he didn’t want to give his parents their win, he didn’t want them to think that they had done a good thing by making him marry you, but actually they did. From the beginning already he had noticed that you were very beautiful, you were his perfect type and he liked your looks even when you didn’t wear any make up.

 

Also your personality was something he couldn’t complain of. Even though he was an to you, you had never turned yourself against him, even though that was what he had hoped for. You had always treated him with respect and you had always done everything for him, you were a great wife. But now you were gone and he had messed it all up. Now he wished he had treated you better, he wanted to turn back time and tell you that he didn’t mean to say and do all those cruel things, but he was too late. If he would only be able to find you then he could tell you that he was sorry and that you had to come back, but if everyone told him that they had no idea where you were than there wasn’t much he could do to bring you back. He had screwed it up big time and now he would have to pay the prize.

 

There was only one option left for him, one place where he hadn’t checked yet, your parent’s house. Since they knew how he had been treating you he hadn’t really been welcome there anymore, but maybe he could explain everything to them and they would understand. He just wanted to know where you were, that was all he asked for. So he picked up his phone again and called your mother, hoping that she’d still pick up after seeing his name on the screen. He waited a few seconds, hearing the phone go over without being answered. Just when he was about to give up the ringing stopped and a short hello sounded on the other side. “Miss ________! It’s Joonmyun, I’m sorry for bothering you but do you know where ________-ah is?” He asked and felt his hands getting sweaty, this was his last hope. “Yes, I do.” Joonmyun’s eyes widened and some sort of relief got into him. “That’s great! Can I talk to her for a second?” But the next thing she answered confused him.

 

“She’s not here so I’m afraid that won’t be possible.” Your mom said and made your husband frown as he tried to think what that meant. “But one second ago you said that…” “I know what I said and I indeed know where my daughter is, but that’s not with us. Before you ask any more questions, I won’t tell you where she is. She left without you knowing where she went so I want to keep it that way. Listen Joonmyun, if you had treated my daughter better than none of this would have happened. Now, you have succeeded in scaring her away, I hope you’re happy. Now you’ll have your chance to see how it is to live without her and I hope this is what you wanted.” Before he had the chance to say something she had hung up on him, not wanting to talk to him anymore. All his hopes crashed as he realized, you were really gone, you were actually gone…