Chapter 1

❣ 'Til Life Do Us Part

You returned home from school that day a little later than you usually did, you had been stuck at the library while making your homework. It had been much more than you had thought and you shouldn’t have waited so long with doing it. You dragged your feet with you and slowly walked up to your front door. No, you didn’t live in an apartment, you had a really big house which looked very cozy and it was very expensive. Now how did you, as a student earn so much money? Well, you didn’t but your husband had a great paying job. His name was Kim Joonmyun, also known as Suho, leader and vocalist in the popular boy band exo. Because of him you were able to wear expensive clothes and you were able to live in this great house, not because he wanted you to but because he didn’t want you to ruin his image. After all, the wife of a celebrity had to look good right?
 

Exactly, you were his wife. You and Joonmyun had gotten married six months ago, but it didn’t feel like that. You had gotten married after knowing each other for four weeks, yes, it wasn’t something that could be called smart. But it wasn’t like either one of you had chosen for this option. It were your parents that had set this whole plan up and you didn’t really know if they had succeeded in it. You had been living with Joonmyun for quite some time now and you couldn’t honestly say that…He didn’t like you at all. When he was around his friends he would always ignore you, on parties he would always push you to the side so not too many people would see you. He would sleep completely at his side of the bed, making sure not to touch you, he didn’t kiss you, didn’t hug you, he barely even talked to you.

 

The only times when you would act like a happy couple was around your parents and when there were camera’s involved. Then you had to be all cozy with each other and then he would hold your hand and kiss your cheek, but other times you were just two strangers who lived in the same house and shared the same bed, that was how your relationship was. The ring around your finger, it didn’t mean anything, it was all a fake lie and you didn’t know if you could do this for the rest of your life. People at school would blame you for stealing their bias away from them, his fans would sent you hate messages over the phone and some even threatened to kill you if they saw you. You were extremely afraid of those people, but Joonmyun always said that you shouldn’t be such a baby and that you were making a much too big problem of this. Even when a creep guy had been stalking you for a few days he had said you were just being ridiculous and it had probably been your own fault.

 

No, you couldn’t say that your relationship was good and you couldn’t say that it would ever be that way, but you couldn’t help but like him somewhere deep inside. Maybe he was cruel from time to time and he treated you like , but at the times he did treat you well he was an amazing guy. It was that Joonmyun you had fallen for and it was the hope to see that Joonmyun again that made you stay with him. Those moments when he would hold your hand and lay his hand on your lower back when you walked over the red carpet, the sweet words he said to you if you were in public, the cute eye smiled he gave you when there were flashes around you. It was that Joonmyun that you loved to death and it was that man you wanted to be married with. But sadly enough you didn’t see that side of him as much as you wanted. Most of the times he was just grumpy and he would be screaming at you, and you didn’t like that side of him at all.

 

You opened the door with your spare key and turned the handle so you could finally go inside and be home after such a long and tiring day. It was quiet in the house and there weren’t many lights on, only the one in the living room. You kicked out your shoes and placed them in front of the door before getting in and seeing Joonmyun lying on the couch, reading some papers which were probably the lyrics of his newest songs. “Hey…” You softly said and placed your bag down because it was really heavy. He seemed annoyed by your greeting since you were troubling him while he was trying to be focusing on his work. He lifted his eyes from his paper for only a second so he could look at you and he shot you a nod of his head as a greeting before going on with what he had been doing before you had come in. You sighed softly, making sure he wouldn’t hear it and turned off your jacket before moving to the kitchen to make him some food.

 

You always tried to make him happy, you cooked his favorite food, you would make sure that everything was done for him and that he didn’t have to do anything by himself anymore. You wanted to be a dream wife and you really wanted to make him happy and you wanted that if he would come home from a rough day at work that he could relax because you had done everything and he didn’t have to worry about nothing anymore. But he didn’t seem to notice all the effort you did for him or he ignored it and didn’t want to see it, that could also be it. Still, after all this time you hadn’t given up yet and you were still trying to make him realize what you all did for him and how lucky he actually was with having you. But Joonmyun was stubborn and he didn’t even want to realize it in the first place. The only thing he would do was yell at you if your food didn’t taste well or if you had forgotten to do something because you had been busy with school.

 

It made you so sad that he never noticed the good things about you, it was as if he could only focus on the bad parts, and just like every person you weren’t perfect. You were clumsy and dropped things, you could also forget something because you couldn’t remember everything he told you to do, you weren’t that smart and you couldn’t solve all the problems he asked you to do. You sighed as you reached out for a bowl on the highest shelf, tiptoeing because you weren’t big enough to reach it. You grunted when you felt it only slip further away and almost wanted to call Joonmyun to come and get it for you, but you quickly change your mind. Then he would scream at you for not being able to do anything by yourself and for being stupid, and you weren’t into the mood to be called like that. So you tried again, until you could feel the bowl move forward, but you had expected it would go so fast.

 

Your eyes widened when you saw the bowl reaching you quickly, you had pushed it too hard, it was falling. In reaction your eyes closed and you waited for the hit you’d get, but it never came. You looked above of you and saw a hand holding the bowl up, only a few inches away from your head. You could feel Joonmyun standing behind you and you could feel he was angry because of your stupid action. He put the bowl down next to you before grabbing your arm and spinning you around with one quick pull so you were facing him. You quietly whined, feeling a sting travel through your arm because he was holding it much too tightly. “Are you insane?!” He screamed and you flinched at his loud voice, even though you had heard it a lot, it still scared you. “What if I hadn’t been here? Gosh, I can’t believe how a person can be this stupid! Don’t you have any brains? If you can’t reach it then call me and…”

 

You stopped him, tears shining in your eyes. As you had said, you weren’t in the mood to be called stupid. You had had a hard day too and you were sick of being treated like a child. “And then what? Then you would have screamed at me for another reason, so it doesn’t matter at all. Why didn’t you just let it hit me so that you were finally free from me?” Your voice was soft, you didn’t like to scream because you already had to handle with that enough. You pulled your arm out of his grip as your eyes overflowed and tears streamed down your cheek. “Just order something to eat, I’m going to bed.” You sniffled and walked past him out of the kitchen, trying to keep it in until you were in the bedroom. Joonmyun stared at you until you disappeared out of sight and could clearly hear your sobs come out of the room. He groaned as he pulled at his hair and apologized to you in his mind, something he wished he could be able to say out loud. 

 


A/N: Oh god, I can't believe how long this took me, I'm embarrassed of myself... Here you go sweeties, your Suho story!