Newton's Third Law

Physics Nerd Vs. Dance Machine

I soaked my face in the water, splashing the cold drops over myself repeatedly. I looked up at the mirror, staring at my expression. I was appalled. I was shocked. I was horrified. I couldn't believe something like that could happen to me. You hear this sort of thing happening in books, in magazines to celebrities and perhaps even in movies. I couldn't get over the fact that something like this happened to me.

I tried to calm my nerves by convincing myself that it doesn't matter. So what? These things happen and everyone else seems to get over it so easily.

But not me. These sort of things stick to me and haunt me for the rest of my life.

I grabbed the hand towel and dabbed my face to dry off the dripping the water. I straightened up my back and took in a deep breath, getting ready to go into the next class. I walked out of the girls bathroom, motivated and driven. Not just a second past and I recognized some of the people in the hallway staring at me. One of the boys was J-Hope's friend who had been laughing at me. Another was Tiffany, and she was giggling with her friends, smirking in my direction.

Really? Even my bloody roommate is on this?

How could this day get any worse?

With my head bent down, I marched down the hallway, keeping my eyes focused on the ground. I counted the steps I was taking, one by one. I needed to get my mind off the incident. Though it was a free period, I took my opportunity to head towards one of the libraries. Heading towards the science section, I grabbed a random book and went to one of the study desks. Slamming down the book and myself, I opened to the first page.

Biology: Circulation, Blood and the Human Heart.

Oh well, could have been worse. At least I didn't get the reproductive system or something. I started scanning through the pages, most of this being revision to me. I was distracted by the loudness of the ticking clock. There didn't seem to be many students in the library, and if there ever were, they'd walk away after checking out a book. I was completely alone and I liked it that way. It was my thing, my little thing that gave me inner calm and peace.

"It's you again," a male voice spoke. My heart leaped. It was Kim Seokjin, leaning over my table with a half-charming smile on his face. Half-charming? My sort of way of describing someone's smile as charming but malicious at the same time. He was one of 'em.

"Oh... h-hello," I stuttered. Hello? Why should I have even greeted that jackass in the first place?

"Hi," he laughed a little and sat down on the seat across from me. "I'm presuming this seat isn't taken," he said. It wasn't a question.

"Is there something that you want?" I asked him. I wanted to sound bossy and angry but my voice flopped on the last word, making it sound like I was utterly terrified of him. I wasn't that scared of him, to be fair. It's just... whenever a handsome man or boy talked to me... I change. I become so nervous and jittered... I don't know what to do with myself sometimes. All my life I looked at myself as plain, even ugly at times. Back then I was so naive about my looks... I wish I could turn back time but I can't. Anyway, back to Seokjin, right?

"Yes, as a matter of fact, there is something that I want," he smiled. I didn't know what he was hinting at, but I had to expect anything from these rich jerks. I waited through the lingering silence for his prolonged response.

"I have an offer for you," he explained.

"An offer?" I raised a suspicious eyebrow at him.

"Yes, an offer," he nodded slowly, keeping that smug grin on his face.

"I'm listening."

"I believe you've met my brother, Taehyung," he began. "Well, not brother exactly... our parents just became engaged last week. I've been having some troubles dealing with this transition," he explained. "Taehyung isn't exactly Burren High material. He's only here based on reputation but offers no financial benefit to this institution, much like yourself," he pointed at me.

"I raise the schools' intellectual impact in the competition against other schools," I snorted. "Finance isn't the only thing that can benefit this institution," I glared at him.

"Precisely," he nodded, in complete agreement with me. "You're a smart girl and will take this offer I'm about to propose to you," he said.

"Yes you mentioned that earlier," I was getting irritated with him.

"Stop being friends with him," he said in a cold, orderly manner. I flinched. His tone was like a father who caught his child stealing candy.

"What?" I raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"No more talking. In fact, I'll pay you even more if you bully him a little. Tell him his ugly or something, I don't know," he shrugged nonchalantly.

"No," I shook my head and went back to reading my book. I don't know where I got this sudden boost of confidence from. It was similar to the time I confronted Taehyung's bullies who had run away from me that night. So it was all Seokjin's doing. A malicious way of getting back at his brother. I wonder if Taehyung even knows that it's Seokjin's doing?

"Hmmm? Didn't quite catch that?" he was appalled by my simple response.

"Clean your ears, I said no," I muttered at him, unable to raise my eyes from the book. If I looked him in the eye, I would have panicked and become nervous all over again.

"You're very new to this school Minyoung, so you don't seem to understand how things work around here. What I say, you do," he threatened.

"Or else what?" this time I looked up from my book. I stared him cold into his eye. He was getting angry and irritated. He suddenly grabbed my wrist, gripping his fingers around tightly. I gasped, trying to loosen his grip. I wanted to scream as he twisted my arm. Out of no where, another hand appeared in the picture. A boy took hold of Seokjin's hand, twisting it in a similar way of my own, forcing Seokjin to let go.

I looked up at my savior, his strong smooth jaw line and his handsome brown eyes. I glanced at his name tag before attempting to run away.

Park Jimin.

Hello guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Thank you for the subs and comments, keep 'em coming haha! :D