The God Particle

Physics Nerd Vs. Dance Machine

My chest felt like it was getting tighter and tighter. I was unable to relax any part of my body at all. I dug my nails into Taehyung's palm, hoping he'd release me, but no such luck.

"Never mind," one of the guys dismissed the noise.

"Yeah... we should go. It's getting late," the other said. I heard them trod away into the distance. Taehyung finally released his grip. I pushed away from him, landing on all fours, gasping for air.

"You... ... hole..." I cried in between the deep breaths.

"What's wrong?" he asked in confusion.

"I hope you die a painful death," I muttered to him and kicked him into the chest. He gasped and fell on his back, clutching his chest. He deserved it. I rose up from the ground, dusting off my pants from the spiky leaves. I had mud stains on my arse but I ignored it. I just wanted to get back to my dorm room as quickly as possible and get away from him and from everything else in this world.

I began a brisk walk through the patches of grass and moss, trying to get to my room as quickly as possible. I entered back inside the school and jogged up the winding stairs and into my dorm room. Tiffany was there, getting ready for bed.

"Are you alright?" she gasped.

"Yeah... what's wrong?" I asked her in a fearful voice. 

"You look like you've been in a brawl," she explained, approaching me. She picked at the leaves in my hair and looked at my brown stained pants.

"I'll go shower," I told her.

"Okay," she simply nodded, astonished and unable to say anymore. To be honest I didn't want her to say anything at all. Nothing. Zero. Zilch. I wanted to soak my body in powering hot water and drown myself in my sorrows. I'm pitiful, I know. I hated it when I was touched or held in general, but... I was gripped. I was pinned and held down against my will. Though the physical pain was over, the terrifying memory still remained. I don't know why I was claustrophobic. I just remember finding out about it when I was in pre-school. I was a popular target for bullying. I remember being shoved into a black bin and rolled around for the fun of it. I remember being so scared and shaken afterwards, both my parents had thought I saw a monster or something.

The hot water helped me. It helped me relax and calm my nerves. I must have been under the shower for under an hour because my finger tips began pruning. After climbing out of the bathtub and unfogging the mirror, I blow-dried my hair and slipped into my pajamas. I felt safe under the covers of my blanket, wrapped around me, protecting me.

That night I dreamt about my dear mother. Her smile. Her laugh. Even her smell felt so real that I woke up with tears in my eyes. Tiffany was awake, coming out of the shower. She smiled and said good morning to me. Little did I know that the morning that awaited me was going to be no where close to good...

My first class was History, a class that I was quiet good at and shockingly enjoyed. The lecturer was a bore, like most of them, but I found myself quiet entertained by reading ahead of the class. I read about the medieval ages, about the tithe and the rules of the Catholic Church. I rolled my eyes. Of course, religion. 

I was one of those type of people who despised religion and believed that all it brought was war rather than peace. It wasn't that I questioned the existence of God, it was religion and the leaders of it that I frowned upon.

The following class was Korean, which to be frank, was my worst subject. I sat at the back of the class like in most I did and doodled. Before the class began, a boy sat down beside me. It was a little odd, especially since there were a couple of available seats around the place. I looked up from my sliding fringe to sneak a look at the boy. He was good-looking... never mind. He was gorgeous.

I glanced at his name tag.

Jung Hoseok.

Though his face was handsome, his dress code was not appealing at all. He wore a hip hop hat with "J-Hope" written across it. Some dance group or something, perhaps? His shirt wasn't tucked in his pants and he was wearing white sneakers instead of the black uniform we were expected to wear.

Then it hit me.

He must be one of the guys who was part of ELITE. Taehyung told me about the dance group being the largest donors to this school. Because of that, they pretty much ruled Burren High.

Why was he sitting beside me? Did he want me to do his homework? Was this some... conquest? Was he a vampire waiting for the moment to pierce my neck? My mind was really racing in strange directions.

He caught me staring at him.

I blushed a violent red and went back to opening my books and copies.

"My name is J-Hope," he said with a smirk.

"Minyoung," I replied shyly. It seemed like he was laughing at me, but I tried my best to ignore it.

"You... you don't remember me?" he laughed.

"Excuse me?" I looked up at him. He was waiting for me to recognise him, but no matter how I tried, I couldn't put my finger on it.

"I think you got admitted to the school... you walked outside of the office and did that little dance," he explained with a huge grin.

If before I was blushing, now I was burning hot fire in my cheeks. I was so embarrassed. It was my first time in Burren High, when I walked out of the principles office. I was so happy that the interview went well, I started doing a ridiculous dance when I noticed a few boys staring at me, bewildered. 

I mentally banged my head against the wall once. Twice.

J-Hope laughed at my reaction, clearly enjoying my dazzled expression.

"Don't take it to heart, those were some cool moves," he said with amusement.

"Could you please sit elsewhere?" I begged him.

"Sure," he shrugged, practically laughing his head off as he did so. I wish the floor would just open up and swallow me whole. He went to sit beside his buddies who were all looking back at me, sniggering. 

God, if you exist and all my life I was wrong about science and physics and... well, you, please... save me!

 

HHope you enjoyed this chapter. Thanks for the comments and all the subscriptions. I'm really happy to have some readers. And finally! Chapter seven and J-Hope makes an appearance!