Moors

Silver and Iron

Monster Index:

Moors: Giant tree monsters made of plant and earth, very slow but strong. Thick arms, legs, body, and head made of trunk with leaves and branches. Most are 5 meters tall.  Best way to kill a Moor is to burn it.


Luckily for Kyungsoo, Sandara decided he was in no state to hunt and handed the Vetala case over to a few hunters from the next village. It'll be a lot easier for them. They won't have to go through the pain of finding out the monsters were not vampires. Not to mention the black haired hunter got a very good description of them.

Unluckily for Kyungsoo, Sandara refused to allow him out of bed. 

You almost bled to death. Now stay in bed and rest. She had told him as she exited the room and headed off to who knows where. Chae followed her so Kyungsoo was left in the capable hands of Adam. 

The brown haired boy, who turned out to be 19, was sitting on the other side of the room writing in an old leather bounded book. The awkward tension could have been cut with a knife. Kyungsoo was the one who broke the silence. "So....I never did thank you for saving my life"

Adam shrugged and continued writing, "Honestly I found you completely by accident. I was collecting herbs and I stumbled upon a little hut in the woods". There was a slight pause before he gently added,  "You've probably saved hundreds more". Something about his tone was strange, sad even, but the hunter knew better than to ask. 

Instead Kyungsoo grinned at the compliment. "You've heard of me?" 

The browned hair boy stopped writing and looked up to answer this time. He raised his eyebrow before answering. "Who hasn't? Silver and Iron, Korea's most famous hunting duo. The pair with the mysterious past no one knows about".

"I'm flattered", the hunter teased. He meant it though.


Sandara only had one friend ever since the slaughtering of her village, Kyungsoo. The huntress never enjoyed socializing, talking to people was her partner's specialty. But for the first time in 10 years, Sandara made a friend.

Lee Chae-Rin was quite the enchanting woman. There was no other word to describe it. Every bit of Chae-Rin's physical image screamed elegant, intelligent, graceful. But it wasn't just her beauty that drew Sandara in, it was simply everything about her. 

The blonde woman had a way of making the huntress want to ask even more questions with each answered. The way she spoke was entrancing, more captivating than any Siren could ever hope to be. Sandara had never been so fascinated in a single person. 

They've only had an hour to talk from the time it took to walk to the nearest village, gather supplies, and walk back, and Sandara already knew more about Chae than any other person (besides Kyungsoo of course). Her natural hair color was yellow, she was only a year older than Sandara, Adam was like a brother to her the same way Kyungsoo was a brother to the Sandara.

As Chae opened the door for her, Sandara wished they could have a little longer to talk. 

They left the supplies on the counter, the door was locked so they wouldn't have to fear any customers wandering in. While talking to Chae, Sandara discovered that she and Adam owned and lived in a medicine shop. The one story buiding was quite big. It consisted of 3 bedrooms, a cooking/eating room, a study (equipped with an impressive amount of books), and the front room where customers would come in to buy medicine. The shop smelled strongly of herbs, like most medicine shops. However, it also had this buzzing feeling in the air that Sandara had trouble pin pointing. Behind the counter were three long shelves that stretched across the wall, stacked with jars of different medicines and herbs. There were a few chairs lined up against the wall parallel to the counter for customers to sit while awaiting their order. 

They exited the shop and walked down the hallway, Kyungsoo was in the guest room, three doors down to the right. 

Sandara walked in just in time to see her partner throw his head back in laughter. She took the time to appreciate the care free expression on his face. The crinkles around his eyes, the boyish grin she rarely saw him wear these days, the pleasant sound of genuine laughter that was hardly heard as hunters. Adam had apparently moved the chair so he was sitting next to him while they were gone, the brown haired boy was laughing as well. 

The huntress allowed a tiny smile and said in an almost wishful voice, "Come on Kyungsoo, it's time to go".


It was a half day walk back to the village and neither of them wanted to make the trip. However, they left their bags at the inn and it was necessary to retrieve them. Luckily for the hunters, the bags weren't too important, just some clothes, maps, a bit of food. Hopefully the inn's manager didn't pawn them while they were gone. 

"You know I don't see why we can't get horses."

Sandara rolled her eyes and was about to reply to Kyungsoo comments until she was cut off by a high pitched sound. By several high pitched sounds. The hunters froozed and listened. 

Screaming. 

Instantly, Sandara and Kyungsoo broke into a sprint. From the volume and pitches the hunters could make out, it was safe to conclude about ten people were being attacked not to far from them.

They arrived at a clearing. Sandara rapidly scanned her sourroundings. Broken tents and supplies littered the ground. There were nine very scared people in counting trapped in a large cage made of roots and vines.

Sandara heard Kyungsoo curse beside her. ", another Moors attack."

indeed. There were two very big Moors rumaging through the broken tents and bags. 

"That's odd," Kyungsoo said, "What are they looking for?"

"No time for questions. We need oil".  

Sandara and Kyungsoo ran towards the prisioners. They ignored their pleads to set them free, the Moors needed to die before the roots could be cut with blades. 

"Everyone calm down" Kyungsoo managed to sound confident and soothing at the same time, a skill Sandara could never hope to master. "To cut the roots we need to kill the Moors first. Do you have oil at your camp?"

"There was a jar of cooking oil in the blue tent" shouted a woman.

Sandara turned to Kyungsoo "I'll get the oil, you start a fire".

Her partner nodded and they seperated. 

The huntress's task sounded easy enough, except for the fact that the blue tent was the one currently being rumaged by a Moor. Sandara shouted to try to get the Moor's attention away from the tent, when that didn't work, she threw a rock. 

Slowly the Moor turned around and looked down at the huntress. Moors were usually the size of big trees, but this one was huge, seven meters at least.

Sandara easily doged the first swing. The attacks from a Moor were slow but powerful enough to most likely kill her if one hit. The huntress ran towards the blue tent, jumping over the Moor's second swing. She grabbed the pot of oil and rolled sideways right when the Moor slammed its fist to the ground. 

She quickly got up and dashed near the area her partner was. Both Moors behind her now. Perfect.

Sandara removed the crossbow on her back and snuggly fitted the jar of oil in the crossbow holder. Nimbly she climbed the highest tree, a meter above the Moor's reach, and turned around to stare down both Moors. This next part was going to be the hardest. 

One of the Moors swung at the tree's trunk. Sandara leaped from the branch on to the Moor just as the tree toppled over. Nimbly, she climbed to the neck and poored half the oil onto the Moor's head. The second Moor reached to grab her, but it was too slow. Cautiously, she maneuvered around the Moor's fingers and climbed on its hand.  

"How's the fire coming along?" she yelled to her partner as she ran up the Moor's arm and leaped onto it's shoulder.

"Almost there," he shouted back just as she poored oil onto the second Moor's head.

"I got it!" Kyungsoo yelled seconds later. Sandara jumped onto the nearest tree and climbed down. She grabbed her crossbow off the ground as she ran towards the other hunter. Breathing hard, she accepted the flamming arrow from Kyungsoo .

The huntress nocked her arrow, drew and released.


Author's Note: I haven't been writing in the last three days because my laptop had a problem with it screen :c Sorry guys.

I had trouble with some of the fonts, I hope those arent a problem for you. I may try to fix it in the future.

I hope you guys leave comments :D I enjoy reading the few I get.