Strangers

Silver and Iron

The first time Kyungsoo woke up he was being spoon fed something creamy. It tasted a lot like bittermelon and left a nasty after taste on his tongue, but when he tried to complain the only thing he could get out was an inaudible "uugh". The person feeding him must have been surprised. It was a full 5 seconds before they reacted. He heard a shift and felt a warm soft hand on his forehead.

"Shhh", they said as they ran their fingers through his hair. The voice was male. "Go to sleep" the voice command in a hush tone, so Kyungsoo did just that. 

The second time he woke up to the same voice singing a lullably in a foreign language. Kyungsoo's tongue felt to dry to say anything but he mustered enough energy to open his eyes. He was looking up at the ceiling, it was made of wood like most huts. Kyungsoo didn't need the sound of birds chirping to know the time was around 5 am. Slowly, he turned his head to see a boy about three or four years younger than him sitting beside him. It was hard to tell the boy didn't look like he was from around this part of the world. 

The boy didn't notice the injured hunter wake up. He was too busy mixing some sort of paste in a wooden bowl. Kyungsoo didn't have to be a genious to guess it was probably for him.

Kyungsoo was still weak so he coughed lightly to get the stranger's attention. The boy jumped slightly in surprised at the cough. He looked at Kyungsoo.

The boy smiled, a warm sincere smile that stretched all the way to his blue eyes. He defiantly wasn't from around here. "Hello there" he said lightly.

Kyungsoo smiled wearily, his eyelids already starting to get heavy again.

 Obviously, the boy took notice to that, "Go back to sleep", he said in soft and gently. The hunter took note of the lack of accent, Hmm. Must have been here long for a while then.

Then, the hunter closed his eyes and slipped into slumber once again.


Kyungsoo woke up for a third and final time the next day. He searched for the boy only to notice it wasn't the boy today, but a familiar face. The hunter smiled and gingerly started getting up, "Hey Dara". 

Sandara snapped her eyes from the book she had been reading to her partner. Her eyes flashed with worry at his movement "What are you doing? You're hurt lie down!"

"I''m fine, I'm fine" He waved away her worrying hands

" You're fine?" She repeated. Kyungsoo took notice to the anger in her sarcastic tone and decided that they were not good signs.

"Yes?" Kyungsoo replied weakly

"You. almost. bled. to. deathand you're telling me you're fine?" Sandara hissed 

He hesitated this time.

"Yes?" Kyungsoo said again, his voice very small and unsure. Honestly though, he couldn't be blamed for sounding so frightened when Sandara looked like she was about to give him quite the ear full. 

She no doubt would have if they weren't intrupted seconds later.

Kyungsoo looked up to see the boy from earlier enter the room, along with a girl. The new stranger looked a bit older than the two hunters, perhaps by a year or two. She had long straight blonde hair that was braided back losely and seemed to carry herself with bold confidence and elegance. Tall too, most likely towering both hunters.

"Hi!", The male hunter greeted them cheerfully, he always enjoyed meeting new people.

His female partner was quite the opposite, but she showed her acknowledgement with a nod.

The boy was the first to move, heading towards Kyungsoo. He put his hand on the hunters forehead, "your fever's gone", he removed his hand and held up two fingers. "How many fingers?", the boy asked him.

Kyungsoo grinned at the opportunity given to him, "three with some lube" and added a wink for extra emphasis. 

"Iron.." Sandara sighed with exhaustion. She sounded done, so done. She probably would have smacked him to if he weren't recovering. Instead she settled for rolling her eyes.

Kyungsoo's grin turned into a smirk as he turned his attention away from his partner to the flustered brown haired boy. "But Silver, he's blushing. I really do wonder", he paused and gave the brown haired boy a once over, "how far that blush goes."

The already pink face turned absolutely scarlette as he turned to his female companion, "you know what I think he's okay" and quickly scurried out of the room. 

The blonde turned to Kyungsoo after her friend left the room. She raised a very amused questioning eyebrow.

Kyungsoo was too busy laughing so Sandara explained for him. "Sorry, Iron really enjoys making people uncomfortable. It's funny to him somehow".

Sandara's cheeks were slightly red. Odd, she didn't fluster easily. It defintely wasn't because of Kyungsoo's teasing towards the boy.  

"It's alright", there was a smiling ever so slightly forming on the corner of her lip, "besides, I'm rather greatful your friend didn't try that on me"

Kyungsoo gave her a boyish grin. "Well you really don't seen the type to get a reaction out of with like that," he said the next part with a hush tone, " I could try if you'd like". He added a wink.

The blonde turned back to look at Sandara and gave her a question look. "He seems useful in interegations"

"I am!" Kyungsoo held up a hand "I'm Iron by the way, this is my partner Silver. But I'll assume she's already introduced us while I was unconcious."

"No I recognized you two by her silver knife and your iron pendant. You know, as famous hunters you two really should keep a lower profile".

"We tend to usually do a good job at that" Sandara said drained. She was looking at Kyungsoo like it was his fault.

The black haired male choose to blatanly ignore his partner, opting to ask the blonde another question. "We'll sadly I can't do the same for your names."

"My name's Lee Chae-Rin, the boy you harassed out of the room's Adam"

Kyungsoo only grinned at that comment. Until Chae added, "By the way he was the one who dragged your bleeding, unconcious body through the woods here"

Oh. .

The black haired hunter groaned and hit his head lightly against the wall. Oh right, there was still the problem regarding the Vetala needing to be dealt with.