The Next Day

The New Moon

A day after the poisonous volcanic gas engulfed the village of Helyawne in the Exolaern Muniivipality of XX Prefecture, the outpouring of gas continues. The self-defense force still faces many difficulties in their efforts  to rescue the disaster victums. Furthermore, reports of strange smells are popping up all over the country. They are believed to be a reaction to this incident. Around half of Exolaern is now engulfed, and increasing, and death is on the rise.

Your grandma and mum are still on eachother's nerves since yesterday. "It's the curse... It's not a natural gas disaster..." Your mum just completely ignored the comment, obviously giving your grandma the silent treatment. Instead she turned to look at you.

"_________, leaving for school already? But we haven't had breakfast."

You were excited for school, knowing yesterday went perfectly, hoping it will happen again. You scooped up your bag, and smiled at mum. "I'm not hungry, I'm off! Bye!!!"

"Hang on a second, missy, at least take this." She handed you a pack of poptarts, hot fudge sundae flavored. You couldn't be more grateful for a mum that new exactly what you wanted. You smiled a huge teethy grin, and headed out the door.

You were halfway to school, when dark clouds rumbled over the blue sky. Those are some nasty looking clouds, maybe I should have brought an umbrella... The wind picked up, making it seem like the dark clouds were having a race against eachother, sprinting against the atmosphere. You couldn't help but clinging on to your skirt, just incase it blew up. Suddenly, the thoughts traveled around your mind about last night. The natural gas disaster in grandma's home village and all the trouble around it... swallowed up Exolaern, the town I lived in until a year ago.Grandma says its a curse... Gilraen... the heavy atmosphere at home is plenty a curse enough.  Grandma chats Gilraen's curse almost constantly. Mom's been in a bad mood the whole time.. and dad... but... yeah... it's okay... I mean we're a family!

Just as those thoughts had finished trailing your mind, the wind let out an almight gust, sending the papers from your sketchbook in your bag flying everywhere, but you were sure you closed your bag when you left. OH CRAP! You ran around like a headless chicken, trying to catch all the papers. What made it worse, was they were your own personal feelings on paper, as drawings. You couldn't let anyone see them. It went from bad to worse. Two boys walked around the corner, holding a couple of your drawings, giggling. AAH damn it! Why two actually good looking guys eh! My day is ruined! One of the guys had a adorable baby face, with pinky coloured hair. He looked almost angelic, walking close to his friend. The other guy was rather skinny, and had rainbow coloured hair, and had a slightly more serious look about him, yet his smile was cute. They were sifting through the couple of drawings the had, and suddenly met eyes with you. You blushed in complete and utter embarassment. "Can you please give those back please!" You said, raising your voice slightly.

The rainbow haired guy glared at you, and simply said "No."

"Sehun, I think we should give them back, they may be important" The cute guy said, shoving Sehun on the shoulder.

"Eeeh, but Luhan, they're goooood" Sehun said, you just blushed even more. You did spend hours on them, but they were private, and were for your eyes only.

"Clearly she wants them back." Luhan snatched the drawings from Sehun and walked up to you. "Sorry about my friend here, but your drawings are pretty good, you take art?"

You took the drawings, and put them in your bag, making sure you close it properly this time, "Err... yes... I do... thank you." You noticed they were wearing the same uniform as you. Eeeh now I'll be followed by these brats all the way to school.

"Well that's good, you do have a talent! I'm Luhan by the way, and this thing is Sehun." He smiled and Sehun kept his un-expressive face on.

"I'm not a thing! Lulu, you are the thing!" Sehun grabbed Luhan and gave him a tight bear hug and ruffled his hair, similar to what Baekhyun does to you.

"Well I'm __________, and I better get going..." You said, trying to get out of the way of there friendship. You turned and started wallking, glad that the wind died down, finally.

"HEY! Wait up, we'll walk with you!" Luhan grabbed Sehun by the wrist and dragged him along as Luhan jogged to catch up with you. He put an arm around your shoulder and chuckled. Sehun just looked at you and glared, under Luhan's other arm. 

You spent the rest of your journey pressed against Luhan's waist, as he talked about what he did, and his friendship with Sehun, occasionally asking about yourself. You got more comfortable, and started joking around with them, they were a lot of fun, yet Luhan and Sehun were very close, and you didn't want to get in the way of that. Once you got to the front of school, you turned to say goodbye, and waved to them as they made their way to the first lesson. They waved back, Luhan smiling and Sehun still glaring - but waving anyway. You ran up to Megan and Baekhyun, your best friends.