Beggining

The New Moon

"________! How long are you going to stay on bed!" your mother called. The sunlight poured through the gap in your curtains, resting on your face. You made soft noises as you squirmed under your bed covers. "You're going to be late for school!". You continued to wriggle in your bed, slowley sitting up. You glanced at the digital display on your clock, while wiping the sleep out of your eyes. It took you a while to process the time on the clock, when you suddenly realised that it was 7:30 in the morning. "AH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT!" you jumped out of bed, ignoring the fact you were going to get dizzy - getting up so quickly. You slipped out of your night gown, and hopped into a shower. You shivered at the sudden outburst of cold water, forgetting that you didn't put the hot water on. You quickly washed yourself, and towl dried your body, and pulled on your uniform - obviously putting underwear on before. 

"HYAAAAAA!?" you screamed as you thuded dwon the stairs. "MOM! WHY DIDN'T YOU WAKE ME UP!?" you said as you grabbed the corner of the wall to pull your self around the corner, preventing yourself from running into the bookshelves at the bottom of the stairs. Half of your hair was up, the other half sticking out everywhere.

"Good morning _______. I tried to wake you up a dozen times" your mum said calmly, packing your lunch for you. You couldn't be more grateful for such a wonderful mum. She was incredebly beautiful, and looked young for her age. She had long hair like you, but wore it in a loose ponytail resting on her shoulder. "You stayed up watching late-night movies again, didn't you?"

"Eeeh, mum wheres the bread!?" you cried, then realising it was right there on the kitchen counter. You grabbed a slice and shoved it in the toaster, and flicked the lever down.

Your mum turned to your dad, "Say something too, ddear. You're her father." 

"They said at the parents' meeting that lack of sleep can stunt a child's growth." Your dad was a respected man, and was the reason you moved to the new area, right in the heart of the city. He often wore suits and carried a briefcase nearly everywhere he goes. You only saw him the mornings, for he tended to work late. "There's probably a lot more fun and excitment for ________." 

"Nnngh! I can't get my hair up!" you complained.

Your grandmother poked her head around the corner of the door "Would you like your grandmother to do your hair for you, ________?"

"Sure!"

Your grandmother was very old, and rather short too. She was sweet, kind and would help you anytime if you had a problem. She wore a flowery blouse with a long navy skirt, that reached her ankles. She guided the brush through your hair and helped tie it up into a neat bun on the middle of your head, keeping your bangs resting on your forehead. She was amazing at doing your hair, and you couldn't thank her enough.

"Thanks, grandma!" you chimed.

"__________..."

"Mmmm?"

"You need to pay your respects to Gilraen and tell Him your off to school"

"Ehhhhh? But I'll be super late!"

The Guardian of your hometown Exolaern and a matchmaking God. The legend says that Gilraen didn't just arrange marriages between two people, but also between people and demons, right? What a weird story.. But nobody here has ever heard of Gilrean. I don't think that God is very famous. Besides, Grandma's the only one who worships both morning and night everyday.

"Come now, you too ________." You grandmother said, startling you in mid thought.

"Eh? Umm... If I pay my respects for ten whole days, will you buy me an xbox?" You suggested, with a grin on your face.

"That  attitude won't do... If you pay your respects with those wicked feelings, you'll be cursed. Gilraen's curse is very scary." Your grandmother said with tone of dissapointment in her voice, which immedietly made you feel guilty.

"What are you doing? You're going to be late!" Your mother shouted down the hall.

"Ah! Coming!" You shouted back, you started jogging out. "See you later, Grandma! I'm off!". You darted for the kitchen, grabbed your toast and started nibbling it as you ran to school.