New Art Buddy

The New Moon

The teacher walked in, and the whole class went silent. It was common for a class to do so, yet this teacher was so nice, that you will do it out of returning kindness, not because you had to. She was fairly tall, and excentric, and always came with an alternative fashion which wasn't unlikable. Today she wore a flattering black lace dress, with a purple and black corset. A cute panda charm on and her hair was tied up in a messy bun, with purple streaks, made her seem lovable. She also had large framed glasses, and piercings covering her ear. You loved her style, yet you felt you couldn't pull it off. She was quite pretty too, with large eyes and a cute smile. Her large eyes were very noticable, for she wore thick eyeliner, making you feel you were being drawn into her sight. Her name was Miss Hayes, and she was the best teacher ever.

You suddenly realised she had a new student trailing behind her, yet he didn't give off an as pleasent aura. He was very tall. Taller than Chanyeol you saw in the morning - and he wasn't short either. He had unreadable emotions, for he sustained a rather cold glare, not even breaking a smile to say hello to the class. His voice sounded like liquid gold, deep and smooth. He was very good looking too, with sandy coloured hair and a perfect face, yet you couldn't help but feel rather uncomfortable at his presence. However; something about him was slightly - attractive.

"So this is our new student! I'm sooooo happy that someone else shares in the passion of art, and I hope he enjoys the lessons together! So tell the class something about you" Miss Hayes beamed.

"I'm Kris, and I'm from Canada, born in China" he said, coldly, not making any eye contact with any of the students. 

He must be very well traveled, the furthest I've every been is to the beach. You thought.

"Okaiii then, Kris! I hope you could share more experiences in the future, I can understand a new school is difficult to settle in - but don't worry! Everyone here are lovely!". Miss Hayes smiled, and Kris just continued to stare at the floor. "Well then, your new seat and art buddy will be there, with _______." She gestured to the empty space beside you. You enjoyed working alone, on the other hand it would be interesting to see other peoples' perception on art. You looked up and smiled at Kris, yet he just returned it with a cold glare.

Every shared desk shared a skull each, varying from cow to monkey. You recieved what looked like a sheep skull, and you immedeatly picked it up and examined it in awe. You traced your finger over every crack and crevice, you weren't afraid of anything in paticular, so a skull was easy to deal with. You could feel Kris' glare on you, looking at you as if you were some stupid kid. With that you placed the skull down. Kris ajusted the position, so it was right for him, before asking you. You sighed, picked up your pencil, and sketched lightly on the faded white page.

About 45 minutes went by, quicker than expected, and you were fairly proud of the outcome of your sketch. "Now class, I want you to share your drawing with your art buddy, and describe what you see in it. Not just what it is, but the way it is formed by emotion. You have ten minutes, then we will pack away." Miss Hayes said, again with the brightest tone of voice. 

You swaped drawings with Kris and looked at his drawing. In full honesty, it looked like a four year old's drawing, yet you decided to look past that and look deeper in the drawing. Kris decided to comment first, without you realising. "This is very good." he said, with a slight impressed feeling in his voice, yet you couldn't destinguish his emotion about it.

Your eyes lit up "Thank you..." and you turned a shade of pinky-red.

"Don't be so shy, your picture is great. You can see the elegance of the creature, not only in life but death, each of the pencil is gentle, as if life is a fragile peace" he said, his words pouring out like sweet honey. He gave a small, bearly noiticible smile, and you blushed again. This guy must be have so much more emotion in the inside than I thought. I never new he could be capable of such words... Miss Hayes left the classroom, in a hurry, she must have forgotten the register, oh well...

As you were about to comment on Kris' drawing, one of the students snatched the drawing from your desk. "HEY! GIVE THAT BACK!" you screamed but he kept waving his arms in the air, inches from your grasp. You pushed your chair back as you got up.

"What the is this, a toddler's drawing?! It's a piece of crap!" An evil smile spread across his face.

"IT MAY BE SIMPLISTIC, YET IT SPEAKS A THOUSAND WORDS, YET YOU DON'T HAVE THE SENSE TO PICK THAT UP YOU PRICK" you shot back.

"Ooooh look at that the girl has a crush on the new guy with a mentality of a 4 year old!" He teased.

You decided that it wasn't worth shouting about, "Maybe I do, but that doesn't mean you have to make fun of his drawing. Yes, it may lack in visual quality, but it shows how life is not as complicated as we have to make out. You live, you die, as simple as that. Yet the hard of the pencil almost screams out that both living and the mourning of death is hard. Now can you please give back Kris' drawing you close minded imbecil." you retorted, in a very harsh tone.

You suddenly realised that Miss Hayes was standing in the room as you what you had to say, and you turned and appoligised. "That was very good of you to be sticking up for Kris, yet next time please don't use such nasty words. I'll over look it this time... But you David, should know better. You'll be staying here and clean up the art rooms. Be thankful I'm not telling the prinicple!" David handed over the drawing, which was creased due to all the commotion, and you passed it to Kris. The bell rang, and all the students left, and David and Miss Hayes headed to the other art classroom next door

"I'm sorry for embarrasing you, Kris..." You hung your head. Kris had his head in his hands, clearly he wasn't happy.

"No. No. It's fine.... Thank you..." He looked up at you, still sitting at the desk. "You can keep the drawing, seeing that you see so much more than I even did." He got up, and put his pencil case in his backpack. You forgot how tall he was.

"Thank you too" you smiled at Kris and put the drawing carefully inbetween your books, to stop it from creasing anymore than it has. 

He smiled a genuine smile back, and you suddenly felt butterflies fly around in you stomach. "No need to thank me, I should thank you. You made my day, and I will be forever in your debt."

"Haha, well, if you want, we could walk out together... if you want..." Ah! Why did I say that! Stupid, stupid, STUPID... He is never going to accept... EEEH! 

"Okay then." Your jaw dropped in disbelief, you couldn't belive a model-like guy would want to be seen with you. "Hey, no need to be surprised, your a nice girl, _________." He blushed slightly, and you started to make your way out the art room. The hallways were empty, well, you did spend 10 minutes thanking each other. You looked up at him, and realised he too was looking at you, and your eyes met. You both turned your heads suddenly, as if you didn't want to be noticed gawking at eachother. Kris started laughing, and you started laughing too. Your arms brushed together at times, sending a buzz of electricity through your arm. You reached the school gates quicker than expected, to your dissapointment. This is where you must part.

"Thank you again, see you around" Kris, smiled once more, and lifted his hand as to say goodbye.

You also smiled, "Okay then, byyye!" You two laughed again, and started to go your separate ways. You really did hope to see him again.