The Plan

Why Did It Have To Be You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

~Mi Young's House~

 

Arriving at my best friend's house, I greet her parents who were getting ready for bed.  Mi Young quickly pulls me upstairs, to her room, and asks me to spill the details.

"Seriously Mi Young. It wasn't anything or anyone special." Emphasizing a bit more on the word “anyone”.  But knowing her for years, she doesn’t give up so easily.

"Aww c'mon Mina~" She coos and clasps her hands together then pouts.  I cross my arms and paste on my unbreakable poker face.  There have been multiple occasions we've fought and I actually find it amusing.

 

A little while or so of our stare down—she gives up. "Aww man Mina." Mi Young grunts and throws herself onto her back, "You're no fun." Snickering at her childish behavior, I join her and we're staring at her blank ceiling.

"You know you can tell me anything, right?" She faces me but I keep my attention to the ivory emptiness.

"I know." My voice wavering, at this point I had no idea what to think about the whole soulmate thing.  Do I really have to go through with this?  Why Lay?  How the hell did my parents know way before my 16th birthday?  I questioned myself and Mi Young had busied herself with her phone.  I just really needed to get away from that place and especially him.  I turn to my side, facing away from Mi Young and close my eyes.

 

“Are you going to avoid the question or is it too personal?” Mi Young huffed a sigh and I opened my eyes.   

 

“I’m not avoiding the question… I just need a little bit of time to think.” Again, I close my eyes but not feeling as tired I still keep them closed hoping that I’ll just fall asleep.  Suddenly, I felt pressure on my side.

 

“Hey,” I try to shout but came out weak, she was literally pressuring me to spill.

 

“I’m not going to get off unless you tell me, you know that keeping things in is bad for you.” Mi Young relaxes her body a little more and I felt as if I were getting crushed.  I don’t mean that in a mean way, she’s all bones and muscle.

 

“Alright. Jeez, I’ll tell you.” Hacking a cough, she giggles and gets off.

“I’m gonna go get us some drinks, want something besides water?”

“Maybe juice.” She nods and I mentally prepare what I’m going to tell her.  Moving myself to the floor, I rest my back on the side of the bed, and relax.  What should I say first? Should I get to the point and say that Lay is my soulmate?  Ugh. 

In a couple seconds, Mi Young comes in with our drinks.  Being confused for a bit when I didn’t see her.  Oh right, telekinesis.  She then comes in with a tray; on it sits a bowl of chips and a couple of sweets on cute little plates. 

“You could’ve told me you needed help.”  I scold her but she just laughs, “It’s alright, my power comes in handy. Plus we’re not allowed to use our powers in school.”  I giggle and grab the “levitating” glasses filled with juice and she sets down the tray of snacks on her bed. 

“Alright. So who was the ‘star’ of the dinner?” Well talk about being straightforward.

 

I take in a deep breath and hold it in, “Zhang Yixing.” As I exhale I immediately want to take back what I said, my statement was blunt and right to the point.  Mi Young sets down her drink while continuing to stare at me.  I look to my left and see that she’s still staring.  I sigh and without touching my drink, I begin playing around with my glass of jui

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter