Dumbfounded

Why Did It Have To Be You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Just remember the plan, alright?” Mi Young reassures me.  I decided to spend the entire weekend at her house.  We were walking towards the bus stop when I felt my phone vibrate a couple of times. Thinking that it were one of my parents asking me where I was and where I stayed and whatnot, I simply pull it out of my blazers’ pocket, but to my horror, it’s from the last person that I ever wanted to talk to.

 

[[Lay]]                                                                                                                                                                                                                  [[Mina]]

I need to talk to you. Don’t go to school today and meet me at the park that’s 3 blocks away from school.

You don’t have the right to order me around. And how the hell did you get my number?

It doesn't matter how I got it. I need to give you something and I don’t want to be seen at school with you.

I don’t want to be seen with you either. And no, it’s alright. Keep whatever it is you need to give to me. You can deal with it.

You’re really stubborn and I’m your soulmate. This is crazy.

Please stop texting me, I need to go to school.

Oh no you’re not.

 

Right when I finished reading what he sent, the bus was nearing the stop and I slid my phone back into my pocket. When the bus had leveled itself to the sidewalk, Mi Young was ahead of me and I was about to step onto the bus until I felt someone tug on my backpack and yank me backwards. What the hell?!

“You’re going to have a little chat with me.” Lay says with a smug on his face.

 

“How in the world did you know where I was!? Let go of me!” He unhands me and I relax my shoulders. He’s really getting on my nerves.

 

“Let’s go.” Lay nonchalantly says but I’m not willing to go anywhere with him not even if my life depended on it.

 

“You’re kidding yourself if you think I’m going to follow you anywhere.” I snarl at him while fixing my bag.

 

“Aww c’mon, I won’t bite…yet.” He defends himself.

 

“What the hell is that suppose to mean?” I huff.

 

“You have an awfully dirty mouth. You swear too much for your own good.” Lay’s mouth creases into a crooked smirk only to piss me off even more.

 

“Says a guy that screws around with 10 girls in a week.”

 

“What did you just say?” His expression quickly changes and now his full attention is on me.

 

“You heard me.” Now I smile smugly.  

 

I turn towards the bus stop when suddenly I feel an awkward tension. There are passerby’s staring and whispering among themselves. Were we fighting like a married couple? I question myself and huff warm air towards my face. Not wanting to be anywhere near Lay I walk in the direction in where the bus stop is, but before I could take another step a familiar pull had yanked me back to the spot that I was just standing in.

“Look, I didn’t stop you from going to school just so we can argue. I need you to read and sign something.” My frustrated state had changed to a nervous one; Lay had a stern look on his face as I was cooling myself down from the heated argument. When he’s realized that I calmed down, he beings to walk in the direction of the park he told me to meet him. We find a bench and awkwardly sit near each other.

 

“So what’s so important that I need to skip school for a little bit?” I cross my arms over my chest and stare off in the opposite side of where Lay is sitting. From the corner of my eye, I see a smirk appear on his face as if to mock me.

“If all you’re gonna do is—” I start.

“Whoa, okay, relax jeez.” He digs through his bag and pulls out a black leather folder. “Here. Read, understand, and sign it.” He puffs out a breath while I cautiously reach out to the ominous seeming folder. I quickly pull it from his hand and notice the slight roughness of the leather against my skin.

“What i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter