Acting like nothing happened

Because of you

 Taejoon stops as he sees them and stares at them for a few seconds. Jaehee quickly moves away from Kangjoon and stares at him. Taejoon quickly turns around and starts to walk then speed walk, and started running. Jaehee looked to the side and sees him running but doesn't know it's him. She covers , "Why did you suddenly do that?" she says looking away. Kangjoon looks down at her, "Do I have to say it again?" Kangjoon says with a smile. Jaehee nods her head and hits him on the arm. He groans and starts to laugh. Jaehee then picked up the bag of drinks and they headed back home.

 Taejoon finally gets back at the house after calling his driver to pick him up and stands by the door, "Ah, Seho it was nice visiting you guys. I'll be leaving now, I forgot that I had something to do with the guys, the presents are by the Christmas tree." He says in a shaking voice. Seho comes speed walking, "Eh what do you mean you're leaving, dinner is already ready. Oh and where are Jaehee and Kangjoon?" Seho says feeling disappointed after finally meeting Taejoon after 4 years. "They're on their way don't worry. Oh and your beanie." he says about to take off the beanie. Seho stops his hand, "Keep it, it's cold outside." he says then holds Taejoon's hands. "Come visit again when you have the time okay." Seho says with a sad look. Taejoon nods his head with a smile. "Kids I'm leaving!" Taejoon shouts through the whole house. The kids all start to run to the door, "You're leaving already Hyung?" Jisung asks and Taejoon nods his head, "Keep working on your songs and music, I'm sure you'll be a great singer/composer." he says patting his head. Jisung moves his hand, "What the heck? It's not like you're gonna leave forever." Jisung says laughing. Taejoon also laughs, "You're right, I'll come by when I have time." Taejoon says.

  "Taejoon Oppa I finished your cookies, I hope you like them." Chohee says handing him a decorated box filled with Christmas cookies. "Hm, I will enjoy them. Come here." he says putting his arm out for her giving her another hug. He gives the other kids a hug and turns around to leave, just then, "Hyung! What about your song you were going to sing?" Jisung says shouting to him. "Maybe next time okay Jisung?" he says and shuts the door. 5 minutes later his driver get there so those Jaehee and Kangjoon. They see him enter his car, as Jaehee sees Taejoon enter his car, she sees him wearing the beanie and jacket from the person she saw running earlier. Taejoon stops and looks at them with cold eyes and enters the car. Jaehee looked as the car as it drifts away farther from her. "Did Taejoon just leave?" Jaehee asks Kangjoon. Kangjoon moves his shoulders up not knowing anything. They enter the house and see everyone looking sad.

 "Hey wrong's with everyone?" Jaehee asks her family as they sat at the couch silently. Jaehee and Kanjoon walks up to them. "Taejoon left." Jisung blurted out. Jaehee felt surprised that he left, "Why? We didn't even start dinner yet." Jaehee says wanting an explanation from her family. "Hyung, Hyung was going to sing us a good song but suddenly left once he came back from checking on you guys at the convience store." Jisung says looking at Jaehee straight in the eyes with a sad look. Jaehee then remembers seeing him running away and thinks to herself, "T..Then that was Taejoon who was running?"

 Kangjoon looks at Jaehee with a surprised look and turns her around and whispers, "You don't think he saw us right?" She didn't even know what to say feeling strange that Taejoon saw her kissing Kangjoon. They turn back around, "What did he say?" Jaehee asks forcing a smile. "Nothing much, he was talking like he was going to leave us forever." Seho says with a bit of an angry tone. "So what took you guys so long that Taejoon got home first?" Eunju asks them. "Oh, we were still thinking about which drink to buy and to see if we should buy some snacks and other things then" She hesitates, "No nevermind, and that was it" Jaehee says putting on a frown.  

  Even though Taejoon left they still continued their Christmas party though the air was different than when Taejoon was there. Everyone help cleaned up and headed towards the presents. "Lets open the presents from Taejoon first." Eunju says picking out all of Taejoon's presents he brought. "Here's Jaehee and here's your's Honey." she says as she hands them their presents and continues, "And here's the whole family's present. This box is kind of big." Eunju says feeling surprised. "I'll open mine first" Seho says with a big smile on his face. He opens his present and it was the best latest watch. "Whoa! This is something that I needed wow. Thank you Taejoon." He says feeling very happy. "Okay now it's the family present to open." Eunju says wondering what's in the big box. The kids open the box and finds a big poster of 4NoteS and one only with Taejoon with their signatures, big stuffed animals, and a recorder attached to a note that said 'play me' so he did. Seho pressed the play button and everyone silenced and listened to the recorder. 'Hi, I'm Park Taejoon and it's nice to finally meet you guys. Seho, I hope you're doing well and I might say this when we meet too, thank you for taking care of Jaehee for me while I left. I really don;t know what else to say to you guys but I wrote this song just you guys and me. This is the song I will be singing live at your guys' house. I hope your family will enjoy my small concert just for the family. Ah, one more thing haha this song is mainly for Jaehee and Seho, I'm sorry Seho's family. I hope to make wonderful memories at your place Seho, Jaehee.'

The recording stops, Jisung starts to silently cry. "Why are you crying?" Kangjoon asks him. "Hyung...Hyung was going to sing that song for us but only I heard it when he was helping me with my song. The song was so wonderful but sad. Only if you guys heard it." he says wiping his tears away. Seho lets out a depressed sigh. "Thank you Taejoon, for the presents and what you said on the recorder." Seho says wishing Taejoon was there. Taejoon's voice on the recorder made everyone become quiet for a moment. Then Chohee suddenly break the silentness, "Oppa, Taejoon Oppa didn't really sound like he had someething to do. It sounded like he wanted to leave." Chohee says with a sad tone.

  Jaehee then opens her present from him which was an envelopes . She opens the envelope and sees a picture. She quickly takes out the picture and sees her and Taejoon when they were still at the orphanage. She was shocked just by seeing the photo and she flips it around and there was a note written at the back of the photo. She reads it to herself.

 'Jaehee, I didn't tell you this before we becam homeless but, haha I stole this photo from the albums before we esccaped. To be honest I actually found this picture a few days later when you were on 'Your Idol's Life' in my closet. I kept it with me no matter what happened to us, It was like a good luck charm to me. It helped me become a member of 4NoteS and helped me reach you even though I didn't recognize you. This picture is the orginal, I have a copy of the photo. I hope you enjoy your Christmas present.'

  Teardrops slowly ran down Jaehee's cheeks without herself knowing. Seho takes a deep breath trying not to cry, "Yah.....Taejoon, you must have really loved and missed us to make us cry this much and to make this family become attached to you that it became so quiet." Seho says out loud staring off into space. The then orginally became tense and awkward to open any other present. Everyone just sat there silently not knowing what to do or say. Jaehee was trying to keep calm couldn't it anymore. She quickly got up and ran upstairs to her room. Jisung then ran upstairs to his room and practiced more on the piano. "Then, I'll be leaving." Kangjoon says quietly and awkwardly. "No stay, it already late." Seho suggestes, Kangjoon nods his head and stays were he was. "Let's continue tomorrow. Taejoon's words got to us." Seho says. He couldn't hold back his teard anymore and also headed upstairs.

 "You can get some reat in the guest room okay." Eunju says also walking upstairs and he nods his head. Yesung, Seungi, and Yeonha also headed upstairs.

Taejoon lays in his bed and stares at the wall cuddling his blanket. Daehyun then comes and cuddles him from behind, "What's wrong huh Taejoon, you've been looking down since you came home." he says, Taejoon quickly stuggles and tries to make Daehyun let go of him. "What are you doing? Hyung let go of me!" Taejoon says trying to pull apart Daehyun's arms.

   "I won't let you go unless you tell me what happened to you." he says holding Taejoon tighter. Taejoon yells, "It hurts, it hurts....ok,ok, I'll tell you!"

"Really will you?" Taejoon nods his head. "Okay, I'm letting go of you." Daehyun says slowly letting go of Taejoon and sits up so does Taejoon. "Well...what happened was that...." Taejoon stops and makes a run for it. "Hey!" Daehyun shouts.

 Taejoon walks to the kitchen and starts to cook himself some ramen. As he stirs the noodles he gets a flashback of Jaehee and Kangjoon kissing. He shakes his head and lets out a sigh. He then puts the chopsticks down and thinks for a moment. He whispers to himself, "I should just keep quiet that I saw them." Daehyun walks in and comes up to him and spins around him, "Hm, what were you mumbling about? Could it be what made you feel down?" he says teasing him. Taejoon grabes his chopsticks and attemps to stab him as a joke. He smiles, "No, I was just huming." Taejoon says forgetting about the flashback.

"Taejoon. If you can't finish that can I-" Taejoon smacks him on the, "Get lost I don't care if you're older than me. You're not getting any of my ramen!" Taejoon shouts with a little bit of teasing. Once his ramen was done he sets the pot at the table and starts to eat. He slurps all the noodles until there was nothing left trying to relieve his thoughts about what happened. 

 School starts again after new years and Taejoon tries to not avoid Jaehee and Kangjoon so they don't suspect him. He easily goes up to Jaehee and Kangjoon without hesitation. 

"Good morning you guys how was the Christmas party? I'm sorry I had to leave early, I had other things to do. Ah...did Jisung sing his song for you guys. Oh and tell Chohee that I enjoyed the cookies."

Kangjoon stared at Taejoon's face with cold eyes and Jaehee had a confused looked wondering if he saw them or not. "What's wrong with you guys? You guys are so quite today. Is it because of me?" Taejoon says, his smile starts to fade away. "Taejoon lets go talk somewhere else." Kangjoon says with a serious look. Taejoon nods his head. "Jaehee stay here." Kangjoon tells her and takes Taejoon with him. Once they made a turn to the back of the building, Jaehee couldn't help but follow. 

"What did you want to talk about, Kangjoon?" Kangjoon violently grabes Taejoon's collar and shoves with against the wall. Jaehee couldn't do anything but watch, she tried to go over but wants hear what he was going to tell Taejoon.

Kangjoon yells, "How many times are you going to make Jaehee cry huh? Because of you she's been having a hard time lately. You should have never come back to her. I don't want to see her cry anymore. Ever since you came back she's been crying more than before! Because of you, just stay awau from her."

"You like her don't you." Taejoon says feeling like he's getting choked. "You like her dont' you! I'm asking you! Fine I'll do a favor that won't make her cry again." Taejoon says yelling at him.

Kangjoon felt dozed off when he was told that he likes her even though he confesed to her on Christmas. He lets go of Taejoon's collar, "And what are you going to do huh?" he asks

"I saw you guys kiss." Taejoon says raising his voice. Once Jaehee heard those words come out of his mouth she was shocked.

"What? Y...You saw us kiss?" Kangjoon says confused.

"Yes, I saw you guys kiss. So if you don't want her to see her cry anymore then I won't tell her what I saw. I'll act like nothing happened like this morning. Okay, I'm glad that you like her but, I like her too. I'll just wait patiently for who she chooses. It might be you but that's okay I'll be happy as long as she's happy and safe." Taejoon says lowering his voice.

Jaehee stared at them from afar with a teardrop coming down her cheek. Taejoon walks away from Kangjoon finishing his sentence. Jaehee couldn't do anything but turned around. Taejoon slowly walks and sees her and stops in front of her. As she turns around Kangjoon also comes and sees Taejoon and Jaehee.