Good Luck

Good Luck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Why are you coming back here?” Mina asked while intertwined her fingers. “You are busy, Han.” She continued while looking up to the man who watched her thoroughly. She shifted her position when Lu Han grabbed her wrist. She eyed the man in confusion.

“Mina…,” He said, “I am sorry.” He whispered. “I am really sorry I did those stupid things just because wanted you to be jealous.” His eyes planted on Mina’s.

“What?” Mina looked at him back. “What do you mean?”

“Listen, Mina…,” Lu Han cleared his throat. “I… hmm… cheated on you, kissed other girls, and got angry at you… was because I wanted to see you showed your true feelings… why did you never get jealous?” He was stuttering but managed to say everything that was in his mind.

Mina furrowed her eyes while trying to loosen Lu Han’s grip on her wrist. But, Lu Han grabbed it tighter. “Lu Han…,” Mina whispered, “…everything has already ended…,” She uttered, “You have said ‘good luck’ to me.” She added. “I know that you are not that bad since ‘good luck’ means you pray for my good luck. Don’t you?”

Lu Han gazed her, scrunched his lips. “That…,” He sighed, “…that… that’s it, Mina…, I can’t see you always being a good one. You see, cheating is false, wrong, freaking wicked, and you should at least yell at me, throw tantrum at me, or even call for breakup. But, you always end up smiling and nodding…,” Lu Han loosened the grip on Mina’s hand and scratched the back of his head, “…do you know that your act was actually killing me?” He gazed Mina who looked at him in a daze.

“Han…,” She said, “that’s true that you were my boyfriend back then. But, I couldn’t jail your heart. That is yours. Not mine. How could I get angry at you if that’s what you want to do?”

Lu Han furiously looked at Mina’s eyes. “Huh?”

“I did that because I love you, Lu Han. I love you so much to the point my heart always hurt a lot seeing you kissing other girls. But, I know I can’t always be there for you. I let you find other girls if really there is one for you.” Mina stopped for a while, gazing her laps, “… I am not going to be by your side. Forever.”

“Mina…,” Lu Han reached his hands to Mina’s jawline, and turned her head to face him. Mina could see that Lu Han’s eyes were glassy. “… I love you.” He said before pulling Mina closer to him and slowly his lips crashed on hers. Mina widened her eyes. Her heart beat so fast, she couldn’t handle it. Lu Han’s kiss was gentle made Mina wanted to reply it with her whole heart. After all this time, she knew why Lu Han acted like bad boy back then. It was her fault, since she had been someone who was selfness. Now she had something wanted to possess. Love. She wanted Lu Han’s love.

“Don’t ever say something like that…,” Lu Han broke the kiss, “… never think like that again. You are always the only one for me…,” He pecked Mina’s lips, before stating, “Only God knows how long we will last. No earthling has right to predict heaven’s will. Understood?” He looked at Mina with his soft eyes. Mina smiled and nodded, before Lu Han pulled her again into a long and deep kisses.

For once she wanted to be egoistic. She didn’t care whether just a day in Lu Han’s embrace, but she wanted him. If she died tomorrow, she didn’t care... she wanted to hold Lu Han’s hand, now…. She could feel and somehow her heart beating fast… it was palpitating like crazy…

It hurts. Her mind spoke. Love is always this hurt, baboya. She replied to her own mind.

 

50 years old man ran through the corridor. Sweats ran down his temples. He saw Minseok and Hyejin sat on the bench in front of her daughter’s usual room. He ran to them and when they saw him, they bounced at once on their feet before bowing politely.

He hugged Minseok for a while. “What happened?” He asked, panting. “How could she get heart attack?” His eyes moved to the side of the door where shut closed. He turned his head again, to find a man that he recognized as Lu Han, his daughter’s ex-boyfriend. That superstar. “Lu Han?” He frowned. “You were, huh, the reason my daughter got through this?”

Lu Han looked up. He did not realize Mina’s dad coming since he had completely lost in his own mind. Mina’s dad was going to march on him when Minseok held his both sides, “Ahjussi, it’s not like that…,” He said, “… Mina loves him. And, they were kissing when Mina got fainted.”

“She must love him so much, ahjussi.” Mina added. “She must be full of happiness and excitement, until her heart palpitated.” She sobbed. “…Mina is always keeping everything by herself… now her body reacts over everything her mind wanted to speak…,” Mina’s sobbing was getting louder, and her voice started to inaudible.

Ahjussi just glared at Lu Han for few seconds before calming himself down. “Okay. I get it.” He said before pulling himself away from Minseok. “This youth’s love is really crazy little thing.” He hissed before rubbing the back of his neck. “I’ll check the administration.” He said before gone from the three’s sight.

“I am sorry…,” Lu Han finally spoke. “… I am really sorry…,” he cupped his face on his palms before falling on the bench. He breathed harshly as he couldn’t handle his tears anymore. He started to sob. He was sobbing. Minseok ran to him, and gave him light pat on his shoulder.

“It’s okay, Han. It’s okay.” He said. “Now you know, right, how Mina actually has loved you enough.”

Minseok’s words did not make Lu Han feel any better. Instead, his words made him realize how stupid he was back then. He promised he wouldn’t be that stupid young Lu Han ever again.

***

“I am not angry at all, Lu Han.” Mina’s dad said on the corner of the room where Mina had finally woken up after her heart beat could be back to normal. Lu Han glanced at Mina who smiled and joked with Minseok and Hyejin. She caught his eyes and nodded to him when her dad talked again, “But, can you please make her happy this time around?” he looked at Lu Han sincerely, “beside me, the only one she loves so much is you, Lu Han.” He uttered. “I give you permission to always be here with her, if that what you want. But, don’t do something stupid that causes her to get shock, like your surprise kiss this noon.” He giggled. “Yeah, but it couldn’t be helped. The love of the youngster is just that spontaneous.”

Lu Han smiled upon hearing Mina’s dad’s words. He was really a good man; no wonder his daughter was also a very good one. “I do not want you to promise me anything, Lu Han.” He said. “…just let Mina feel happy this time around.” Lu Han nodded when Mina’s dad hugged him. “It’s okay, son?” He whispered. “I believe in you.”

The younger man couldn’t believe what he had heard. His freaking beloved girl’s dad called him ‘son’. What was better than this sign of approval? Lu Han nodded while bowing and muttered repeatedly that he would love Mina with his whole efforts. Mina’s dad chuckled before patting his back once more and walked to her daughter’s bed. “Mina, dad should go back to the office. It’s okay, right, without me here? You already have Hyejin, Minseok, and…,” He pinched his daughter’s cheek before looking at Lu Han, “… your freaking superstar whose posters are everywhere on your room.”

“Ah, daaaaaad…,” Mina whined, her cheeks blushed rapidly. Minseok and Hyejin laughed when Mina’s dad kissed her daughter’s forehead. “Be good.” He said before taking his coat and waved to them before heading to the door.

“I’ll send ahjussi out.” Hyejin said while following the older man getting out from the room.

“Yah. I see someone is getting approved here…,” Minseok teased Lu Han who dragged a wooden chair before placing it beside Mina’s bed. His cheek suddenly got so heated. “Be good, you two.” Minseok continued. “This is really a good picture of you guys I want to see.” He said while smiling to both of his best friends.

Mina shyly chuckled before Lu Han brought her left hand on his. He squeezed it gently before mouthing, “Take a rest.” And Mina nodded in reply.

 

Minseok smiled seeing both of his best friends intertwined their fingers while falling to sleep. Lu Han slept in a sitting position on his chair while his head on top of his hand where Mina entwined her fingers with his. Mina breathes regularly.

Hyejin turned the lamp off before hugging her husband’s arm. “Let’s go.” She muttered. But, Minseok stayed still. “Why? Feel jealous?” Hyejin whispered. “Please deal with it, babe.” She whispered, while chuckled.

Minseok eyed her. “I wonder how much you love me, Hyejin…,” he whispered back on to his wife’s ears. “You know everything about me, even this stupid little crush… and you still love me,” He smiled while pecking his wife’s cheek, “…and your never ending teases are funny,” he pulled his wife’s body before looking at her eyes, “…and cute.” He then pecked her lips.

Hyejin blushed. “There is no perfect love in this world, Minseok.” She said, softly, but sincere. “Isn’t it?” She smiled before pecking Minseok’s lips.

“Can the baby see us kissing?” Minseok uttered before without any warning kissing Hyejin. The woman chuckled before b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter