Good Luck

Good Luck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Good Luck”

That were the last words that ever said by him –the one that Mina loved the most. He did not know that Mina hated those words so much. Nothing was going right even though people kept saying ‘good luck’ to her. That’s why she felt really left out when he said those words that night, before they parted their ways.

No matter how hard Mina tried to shield him of being nice to her, she still couldn’t accept his ignorance. The reason he left her. The reason he stepped out her life. Mina couldn’t ever understand it –never ever.

Mina watched the rain pouring on the yard, when there was a knock on the door. She turned her head to find a woman in a nurse uniform came to her, and smiled,

“Morning, it’s time to daily check, Mina.” She said.

 Mina just smiled back in reply while nodded.

***

“Dad, it had been months already I am trapped here.” Mina scoffed on to the phone. “I know. I know. But, can you let me get out just for today?” She dangled her feet lazily while pressing her dad. “…yeah, I am bored.” She whispered, weakly.

She frowned before putting the phone back on its place. She stared on the phone box before a nurse on the receptionist counter called her name. “Mina.” She then turned to face the nurse who plastered a smile in her lips.

“Yes?” Mina walked, limply to the nurse. “Can I help you?” Mina asked while looking over the receptionist counter.

“Nothing.” The nurse said. “We just want…,”

Before Mina realized what happened, all the nurses who knew her had already standing surrounded her, with a birthday cake on one of the nurses’ hands. She widened her eyes in surprise.

“…to say happy birthday, lovely Mina!”

Then they were all singing along a happy birthday song. Mina held her tears, before smiling happily and blowing the candle light on the cake.

“Thank you all.” She said to them as one by one of them hugged her kindly. Mina especially hugged one of them much longer than the other, her favorite nurse, “… Doori unnie,” She whispered, “who knows that I can live until twenty five years…,” then she chuckled before the older woman glared at her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter