Good Luck

Good Luck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Minseok waited for several minutes already since the flight seemed to be late to arrive. The board in his hand read ‘Lu Han’. Well, he knew that Lu Han would recognize him in an instant. But, still, in case with many people here, he probably couldn’t see him properly. Minseok huffed to his wrist watch when suddenly there was announcement of the flight from China had landed. That was the flight taken by Lu Han. His eyes started to show excitement. He knew he was going to be here, in any moment, his old friend.

 

Lu Han walked passing some passengers when they squeaked in their places after recognizing Lu Han’s existence. The man inwardly rolled his eyes, knowing his popularity went strong, even here. South Korea. Yeah, after graduating from college in Seoul University and being a trainee as rookie actor, Lu Han worked several movies here. His lips formed a smile, as remembering those days, he also dated Mina. He got recognition and got the best rookie award until China’s production crews started offering him roles, in this series, in that movie, here and there. Then he flew back to China and now he ended up being a superstar. He knew that he was big now, but he was still the same old Lu Han.

He bowed to some people who quickly took picture of him. Lu Han had expected this situation though, that people going to follow him around. Whether in China or South Korea, the mentalities of the persons were still the same. Although Lu Han did not feel okay with them trailed behind them, Lu Han kept smiling and waving his hand. Although his eyes covered with black glasses since lack of sleeping, he kept giving them good poses to take. Yes, the manner of big actor. Bull.

When he reached the gate he saw someone holding a board written with his name. Minseok. Before he could reach Minseok and hugged his best friend, he heard loud screams all over the airport. He gasped when realizing people started to rush over to see him. They must have been recognized him. For him, it was like the whole nation had an eye on him the moment he landed his feet in Korea. That fact created certain horror in his mind, but being a professional clown, he bowed to the crowd, smiled, and waved, and said “Annyeonghaseyo” –enough to prove how good he was as an actor.

***

“Crazy, isn’t it?” Minseok chuckled while wearing his seatbelt. “You are so damn popular, Han.” He said. “I had watched your latest movie. Man, you don’t know how many times Hyejin asked me to watch that again and again.”

Lu Han smiled upon hearing Minseok called him ‘Han’. It meant he still thought him as his very closest person. His name was Lu Han. Lu was the last name and Han was the first name. So, people who called him by Han only could be said as closest ones. Besides Minseok, the one who called him by that name was Mina. In China, his family did, but not many of his friends called him like that since he didn’t have close friend in his own country. He was just a star there.

Minseok glanced to the crowd for a second before started the engine. “I wonder what the journalists will write about us.” He said. Lu Han chuckled. “Yeah, I wonder too, old friends in a reunion?” He laughed, followed by Minseok.

“How many months of Hyejin’s pregnancy, Minseok?” Lu Han asked after they stopped laughing. “I should have bought you gift for the baby.” He added. “Do you know the already?” He asked.

“A boy.” Minseok replied. “So, we can drag him along on playing soccer, Han.” He said.

Lu Han couldn’t help but smiling in imagining little Minseok trying to catch ball with him and his dad. “That’s pretty cute.” He said. “Must be nice having kid.” He whispered.

“You should have one soon, Han.” Minseok uttered.

“Nah, that’s still so far away, Minseok.” He hissed. “So many scripts I need to read, no time to think about kid.” He laughed while opening his black glasses. “How is the composing going? I heard you’ve been damn rich now with all the royalties, buddy?” He massaged Minseok’s shoulder. The older man just replied him with a faint smile.

“That’s enough to feed my family. That’s it.” Minseok laughed.

“Yah, I know you are being modest.” Lu Han pouted. “One day you should make me a song. I would like to sing too.” He said.

“Mister Actor, that’s not your field. Please back off.” Minseok hissed. The grown up men looked into each other eyes before laughing their asses off. Their friendship hadn’t changed at all. Lu Han sighed in relief inwardly.

***

“She’s inside.” Hyejin said after abruptly standing in her feet seeing Lu Han and Minseok walked on the corridor. Lu Han smiled to her. He saw the big stomach of hers. She had carried a baby boy in her womb now. For eight months. No joke. This girl who was a rebel back then now was in the middle of preparing to be a mother? Who could believe that? Even with his own eyes, Lu Han still couldn’t believe what he saw right now. He hugged her before congratulate her in her pregnancy. “Lu Han…,” She caressed his back. “…you should settle the misunderstanding between the two of you.”

Lu Han pulled himself from her when Minseok patted his shoulder. He nodded. “You should, Han.” He said. “How could you be that stupid of leaving a good girl behind?”

“And…,” Hyejin whispered. Lu Han could see her eyes getting teary, “…there’s not much time left.” She choked up before started to cry. Minseok pulled her into his embrace.

Lu Han froze in his place. This was all just like a bad dream for him. A bad dream that he would like to wake up and realized that nothing in the dream was true. He hoped all of this just a lie. But it was not.

Hearing Hyejin sobbing made him clutch his soul together before sliding the door where he could see someone he missed the most laying. She looked so thin, weak, and pale. Lu Han could feel dizziness in his head. His hand held on to the wall, tried to steady his body. The sound of ‘beep beep’ from the machine made him dizzier. Mina’s chest raised along with her breathes every single second. Lu Han dragged his suddenly heavy feet to the bed where Mina laid with all those needles and infuse, and other things Lu Han didn’t know what they were.

 

“Han, Mina’s heart getting weak and next week she would have the operation. She got the donation already.” Minseok’s voice could be heard from the other end of the phone. “It’s either fail or success.” He said.

Lu Han gasped.

“You should come to meet her, Han.” Minseok continued after not getting any reply from Lu Han. “Better if you come before the operation.” Minseok elaborated. “I don’t want you and Mina end up being enemy.”

“…why did you never tell me…,” Lu Han could hear his own voice shaking, “…she has been hospitalized?”

“I am sorry. I can’t bring myself to tell you…,” Minseok replied, “…after what you did to her.”

“Minseok…,” Lu Han whispered, “do you think for this time, could Mina make it again li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter