Good Luck

Good Luck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 “Feel any better?” He asked. Mina just glanced over to him before reading the magazine on her laps again. “What happened though? The last time you hospitalized was about two years ago…,” He said.

Mina chuckled, before taking a slice of orange from the man’s hands and put it on . She chewed the orange while muttering, “Why are you here, Minseok?”

“You don’t like me being here?” Minseok uttered with a pout formed in his lips. “Yah. I am busy and I come here, you should thank me.”

“That’s why I know you are busy so you shouldn’t have come here…,” Mina replied, “… especially when Hyejin is pregnant. How can you drag along a pregnant wife everywhere you want to go?”

Minseok shrugged his shoulders. “My baby needs to take a walk too.” He said lightly. Mina laughed hearing his words. “By the way, happy birthday, Mina.” Minseok smiled while hugged Mina lightly. “If you want to get a company here, don’t call your dad asking to get a free ticket out from here. Call me, or Hyejin, we would come happily.” He continued before pulling away from Mina.

The girl just nodded. She smiled again, before the door opened, and Hyejin walked slowly with a very big stomach towards them. “Hyejin!” Mina waved her hand. “How is the baby going?”

Hyejin sat beside her husband, while caressed her stomach softly. “He is doing okay.” She said while smiling when Minseok hugged her shoulders.

“What? Do you guys already know the type?” Mina yelped. “It’s a boy, isn’t it?” She widened her eyes. “Waa… amazing.”

Minseok and Hyejin both nodded in sync. “Yes, it’s been eight months.” Hyejin uttered.

“Waa… chukae.” Mina said while leaning in to hug Hyejin. Both of the girls embraced each other while patting each other’s back. “I am happy for you, guys.”

***

Mina’s eyes eyed Hyejin’s stomach. Minseok left Mina and Hyejin on the room. There was an awkwardness formed between them. Mina did not really talk with Hyejin ever since her marriage with Minseok. She cleared before opening a conversation, “Is Minseok busy these days for composing new songs?”

Hyejin who was peeling the orange looked up and caught Mina’s eyes. She nodded in reply. “He is so busy until forget to eat.” She said. “Sometimes he will stay on the studio until night just staring to the ceiling, doing nothing.” Hyejin continued.

“Probably that’s the way he gets inspiration.” Mina smiled. “Minseok is lucky having you by his side, Hyejin.” She squeezed Hyejin’s hand that handed her the orange.

Hyejin did not say a word. Mina awkwardly moved her hand from Hyejin’s before the girl caught her hand. Mina looked down, seeing Hyejin in surprise, “Why don’t you try to contact Lu Han, Mina?” Hyejin questioned.

There was a pause silent, before Mina took a deep breath, and said, “We both have nothing to do together, ever again.”

Hyejin sighed. “But, don’t you think, you need to clear the misunderstanding that happened between both of you?” She said. “I know you, Mina. I know that you let him leave you, because of your sick.” Hyejin intertwined her own fingers. “And, I know as well that Lu Han was partly wrong for doing that…,”

Mina gasped before uttering, “Better for him in that way.”

 

Minseok and Hyejin sat on the car, not bothered to make a conversation. Their eyes seemed dazing off to the road. Their minds flew to the other places.

“You should call Lu Han.” Hyejin broke the quietness.

The man just stared the road.

“Lu Han should know.” Hyejin said again.

“What if he hurts her again?” Minseok turned his face to his wife’s direction. “Mina is my best friend and I can’t see her suffering again. It’s enough for her to deal with her sick. We don’t need to add –”

“Don’t you know, Minseok…,” Hyejin cut her husband’s words off, “… that Mina still loves him?” She stopped for a while, looking to the outside scenery, “and no matter how hard you try to protect her, you won’t ever have her heart. She will be forever your crush, Minseok. Not more. The one she loves has always…,” Hyejin’s eyes became glassy, “… been Lu Han.”

Minseok took a glance to the woman who sat beside him. His heart skipped a beat when he realized how long he had a crush on Mina. He had fallen in love to her, but Mina chose Lu Han. And, he screwed up with Hyejin.  

“Hyejin…,” Minseok whispered, “…don’t say something like that. Our baby can hear it.” He reached his hand to hold his wife’s. “I don’t want our baby hearing the nonsense. That was in the past. Okay?”

Hyejin eyed him, before nodding.

***

The twenty years old Minseok smiled seeing his best friend ran happily on the track. She had always been that full of fighting spirit. Her long hair swayed by the wind and her legs ran lightly on the ground. She waved her hands asking Minseok to join her. Minseok would always shake his head in reply. He had been so tired after playing football with the other boys from soccer club.

Every noon he would always spare time just to see Mina ran. There was something that could ease him every time he saw Mina. He knew that his feeling towards Mina was more than just being friend, he loved her.

“Minseokie…,” Mina walked towards him while dragging her bag. “How is the soccer?”

“Good.” Minseok said while handed a mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter