Prologue

Please, forget me

A/N: Okay i finally finished my other fics and i finally have time to focus on this. I didnt forget about this fic, i just wanted to be able to take the time to focus on it completely. I will try my best to update on a weekly basis, if it happens more that is just a treat. I have a lot of vhope feels and i have a lot of things i want to do in this fic, so please be patient with me. I promise one update a week till the end at least. 

 

It wasn't like him to get attached to a human. There was nothing special about them that caught his attention, if anything he found them annoying at times.

The people who had it all were never truly satisfied. The ones who struggled to make ends meet were filled with so much jealousy and hate, or even worse self hate.

He wasn't like the people that he has been surrounded by for the past year. He misses home, where there was no animosity with the people who lived around you. He often finds himself feeling emotions that he has never experienced before and he really hated how it made him feel.

It was just recently that his interest was caught by a dark hair guy walking on the street, dancing along to his music with a big smile on his face. He was about to write him off as one of the few happy go lucky people he has come across. The longer his eyes stayed on the dark hair guy, he saw sadness in him, even though he walked with a beautiful smile.

He doesn't even know when it became a habit, but he makes sure that he is in the alley he first spotted the dark hair guy, and saw the same thing he saw the first time. He wants to know why he walked the street with the most perfect smile, when he can tell that he is completely broken inside.

After a couple of weeks of watching the dancing guy from the alley way, he thought he should try and catch his attention.

"That's just crazy! Why the hell would you want to do that?"a dark brown hair guy asked, clearly disturbed by his friends suggestion

"I don't know Jungkook" he replied as he looked at the youngest of his friends. "Yoongi, you'll help me right" he said, turning his attention to the blond hair guy.

"Tae, I'm sure you can approach him in a different way than this?" Yoongi replied.

"Yes, but I don't know if I can" he replies, pleading with his eyes.

"If we help you with this stupid plan of yours, you can't get mad at us afterwards" another one of his friends speaks up.

"I promise I won't, just this one time please Namjoon" Taehyung begged.

"Fine, we'll do it" the oldest of the group said. " I want to see this human who has got our Tae thinking these crazy ideas".

"Thanks Jin," he said as a smile took over his face. "Thanks guys" he said as he look at his friends around him.

It was the first Tuesday in July when Taehyung's plan got put into motion. The sun was blazing hot and like clockwork, the dark hair guy that has caught Tae's attention showed up, just as Taehyung's friends finally began his plan.

"Ya!" the dark hair guy called out as he looks at the situation in front of him.  When they didn't stop, he ran right into them, and started pushing them away.

"Stop hitting him" the dark hair guy said as he took a protective stance in front of Taehyung. "I'm going to call the police" he said as he reached for his phone.

"Let's go" Namjoon said as he looks at Jin and Yoongi.

As soon as they were out of sight, the black hair guy turned around and helped Taehyung up off the ground, and quickly examined him.

"Are you okay?" he asks.

Taehyung can't say a word, completely shocked that his plan worked. Why did this black hair guy standing before him, help him out when he is clearly outnumbered.

"We should get you to the hospital" his voice drawing Taehyung out of his thoughts. Panic started to take him, since there is no word from Taehyung and he can't tell what he is thinking based on his facial expression.

"It's okay" Taehyung finally replies.

"That looks like it hurts though" the dark hair guy says as he absentmindedly reaches out his hand towards Taehyung's lips.

"I'm fine" Tae replied as he backed away from his touch.

"How could they do damage to this face" he says more to himself than Taehyung.

"Don't you have somewhere to be" Taehyung ask as he feels weird with the words that just came out of the dark hair guys mouth.

"Yeah, but I'd rather know that you're okay first" he replies.

"I'm fine, I wouldn't want to make you late" Taehyung replied.

"I don't mind being late, I'm sure my friends would understand" he retorts.

Taehyung can feel his curiosity growing bigger and bigger by the second as he reads the emotions behind the dark hair guys  eyes. Taehyung could tell that he genuinely cared about his well being, but there was also something else there that he couldn't quite put his finger on.

"What's your name?" once again the voice bringing him out of his thoughts.

"Why do you want to know?" Taehyung  asks.

"I want to put a name to your face" he retorts

"It's not like we will see each other again" Taehyung says.

"You never know. My name is Hoseok, Jung Hoseok".

Taehyung ponders for a bit if he should tell Hoseok his name, and if he wants to see him again.

"I'd rather not" he says as he tries to walk past Hoseok.

"Hey" the dark hair guy says as he grabs hold of Tae's wrist. "What happened today isn't your fault" as the words left his mouth, Taehyung can see more darkness filling him. "I hope you know that" he said before walking away without the smile that Taehyung has embedded in his head.

"Hey" Tae calls out, feeling bad from removing the smile off his face and filling him with sadness. "Taehyung, my name is Taehyung" he says as Hoseok turns around to look at him. "Thanks for saving me today" he continues to say.

Hoseok smiles wide and it reaches his eyes. "See you around Taehyung" he replies with the smile still on his face.

"Hoseok" he calls again, but thinks he should keep his thoughts to himself instead

"Yeah" Hoseok replies as he waits for Taehyung to speak

"It's okay, just forget it" Taehyung said as he watches Hoseok walk off in the direction he came running from.