Chapter 4

Special Encounter PT 2

Kris walked into the apartment and a trail of condensation immediately hit him in the face. He waved it away with his large hands and looked into the kitchen, confirming his suspicion that it was, indeed, the rice cooker. He entered the loving room to see Baekhyun, now just over three years old, focused on watching Pororo on the tv. 

"Hey, buddy," Kris said, and ruffled his hair. Baekhyun let out a happy giggle and out his small hands, grabbing at Kris' wrist. 

"Baba," he squeaked. "Come watch with me~" he begged and pouted adorably.

Kris had no idea where the kid had gotten so much aegyo from. He just knew that both he himself and Suho where completely vulnerable to it and couldn't resist their baby's cuteness. 

Which is how Kris ended up watching an hour and a half of Pororo.

He had to admit, the show was pretty cute, and it just made Baekhyun smile and laugh so much. Kris loved seeing Baekhyun happy, he'd do anything in the world that Baekhyun wanted. 

Suho walked in on them and smiled at Kris. "Hey, babe. How was work?" 

"It was good," He chuckled, patting Baekhyun's shoulder. "This one dragged me in here to watch Pororo. What have you been doing?" 

"Laundry. There's a lot more, thanks to all the gifts from Sehun and Tao when we got Baek."

Their friends Sehun and Tao had been dating for a while now, adopting a boy named Luhan a few years ago. 

"We should go see them as a thank-you, it was almost a year since he came here," Suho pointed out. 

Had it really been that long, Kris thought? He remembered picking up the little baby from the adoption center and how excited Suho had been, even taking time off from the coffee shop the spend each moment with their son.

"You're right. Ill call Tao, and ask when he's free. Does that sound good?" 

"Yeah, that'll be fine, I think. Here, why don't I spend some time with Baekhyun and you go change," the shorter offered, patting his back. Kris stood and quietly thanked his boyfriend before going into their bedroom. He took off his dress shirt and pants to change into loose jeans and a t shirt, then took out his phone and dialed Tao's number. 

"Hello?" Tao answered in Chinese after a few rings. Having both been from China, the two usually conversed on the phone and through texts in Chinese. 

"Hey, Tao. What's up?" 

"Kris! It's been so long! How's Baekhyun? Oh, , Suho too. Oops, I swear I didn't forget about him..."

"It's fine, Tao," Kris laughed. "They're both doing very well. Baekhyun is healthy and seems very happy with us."

"Well that's good. I know Luhan's been wanting to meet him for a while now," he replied. 

"How old is Luhan now, it's been so long since I've seen him."

"He's about to turn six. Getting too big for me to keep up with, it was better when he was three, I think."

"Ah, you're probably right. So Tao, I know Suho and I haven't really seen you and Sehun and Luhan for a while, why don't we try to meet up this weekend?" Kris asked after a small pause. 

"How about...mmmm...Saturday? Does that sound alright to you?" 

"Sounds perfect. I'll see you three then, Tao. Bye~" he said, clicking off. 

 

•••

 

"Appa, where are we going?" Baekhyun asked from his car seat in the back of the car (well, sort of asked. He couldn't put together sentences all too well yet). 

"To see Uncle Sehun and Uncle Tao, remember baby?" Suho answered. Kris reached over to squeeze his fingers comfortingly, smiling at him as he drove. The taller had his eyes half-focused on the wheel and half on Baekhyun in the rear view mirror. 

The three of them soon reached Sehun and Tao's home, and Suho leaned into the backseat to take Baekhyun into his arms. The couple appeared in the doorway to welcome their old friends and their new son. Soon all of them were seated in the living room and Tao had taken Baekhyun from Suho, entirely focused on pinching the baby's cheeks and making him giggle.  

"Suho he's so cute! You're so lucky to have him," he cooed. 

"Yes, we are. Speaking g of kids, where's Luhan?" 

"Ah, he must be in his room. Sehun-ah, babe, will you go check?" Tao asked with pleading eyes. The younger got up from the couch and returned a short time later, guiding a little boy with shiny caramel-colored hair into the room. 

"Look at him, Tao! Oh my god, he's such a beauty!" Suho wondered where his family genes were from because he was just so pretty and adorable. 

"Lulu, say hi," Sehun coaxed. 

Luhan looked up at Suho shyly under his long eyelashes and let out a soft, "hello. I'm Luhan."

"Hi there, Luhan. You're such a sweet boy, you know that? How old is he?" Suho asked Tao.

"Go on, buddy. Tell how old you are."

Luhan held up five pudgy fingers. 

"Yah, Lulu, this is Baekhyun. Why don't you go play with him?" Sehun suggested. Luhan looked at Baekhyun and smiled a little bit, taking the three year old's hand in hois own to help him walk. 

"Aw," Suho whispered to Kris, who was grinning next to him. 

"You really have such a sweet son," Kris said once they'd left the room. 

"He's great, he really is." 

Suho, at that moment, noticed Tao and Sehun's interlocked fingers. There were glowing silver bands on each of their left hands. 

"Wait. Are you guys...." he started out slowly.

"Oh, Suho. We totally forgot about telling you two!" Tao said. 

"We're engaged," Sehun finished for him, smiling at his partner. 

"Wow! Congrats, you guys! That's so great!"

The others thanked them and they continued to talk, all the way until 6 pm, when Suho decided it was time for them to leave so Baekhyun could sleep. They left after gracious good-byes and Baekhyun feel asleep in the car in no time. 

Once Suho was sure their baby was asleep, he turned towards Kris with a deep sigh. "Kris," he said.

"Mmmm?" 

"It's really great, Tao and Sehun's engagement, isn't it?" 

"Oh, yeah that's fantastic for them."

"Well, don't you think...maybe..." 

"Maybe what? Spit it out, babe, you're making me anxious here."

"Will you marry me, Kris?" 

 

•••

Author's Note: 

I'm soooooo sorry I haven't updated in a little while! But I'm here now! I promise I'll work on getting quicker updates, I really will. Until the next chappy, please enjoy ^-^