Chapter 3

Special Encounter PT 2

Kris' mouth dropped open in shock as he stared at his boyfriend. "Adoption?...like, we'd be parents? Really? Are you sure, jagi I don't want you to rush into this..."

"I'm sure, this is what I want."

"But, this just came up so suddenly, and I want you to be positive first..."

"Kris," Suho said firmly, "I'm a hundred percent sure that I want to adopt a child. It'd be such an opportunity, ya know? Please, don't you want this too? " 

He looked at the tall man sitting across the table. There seemed to be gears turning endlessly in his head. Did he want this? It was hard to tell. 

Kris sighed. "Well..."

Suho raised an eyebrow in question.

"Alright. If it's what you want, then I can't refuse." 

A warm feeling tingled throughout Suho's body. "Really? Jagi, oh, this is wonderful!" He leaped up from the table and wrapped his arms around the other, marking his jaw with kisses. "You have no idea how happy I am right now."

"I think it's fairly obvious, actually."

***

Suho's fingers thrummed against his thigh as he looked out the car window. It was a sunny day, perfect for the occasion at hand. Four months after he'd first brought up adoption to Kris and here it was, the day to pick up their baby boy. He was an eight month-old named Baekhyun, that was all they knew. He was overjoyed to finally see him. Kris rubbed his knuckles in soothing circles. 

"Stay calm, we'll be there soon."

It had been a long, stressful time of working out the details for the adoption. Things had gone smoothly,Thankfully, and everything was all set for today. Kris pulled up the car to the adoption agency, and Suho practically jumped out the window of the car in excitement. 

As they walked up and went through the large doors, the short blonde felt as if he would burst. Was this really happening? He'd come so far with his boyfriend, neither could have ever imagined something like this. 

"Suho," Kris whispered.

"Yeah?"

"It's time," he squeezed the shorter's hand and gave a small smile as they went off to meet their new son. 

***

Baekhyun was so much more than Suho had even thought he'd be. The boy was quite skinny for his age, and had small eyes that turned into little crescent moons when he laughed. His skin was so pale and soft, his hair a pretty reddish-brown. He was just so perfect. Suho smiled immediately when he saw him. 

"Can I hold him?" He murmered to Kris, the latter's eyes shining. 

"Of course, he's all ours now." Suho carefully reached out to take Baekhyun in his arms. It was a little awkward holding him, but soon his weight shifted and made it easier. As Kris came up behind and back-hugged the shorter, he grinned and began to sense his throat tightening up. Tears threatened to drip as he held the baby, *his* baby. What had once been simply a dream was now reality, and as they took Baekhyun back to the car, Suho quickly wiped his falling tears. His son didn't have to see him cry just yet. Kris had seen, though, and reached out to catch the droplets himself. 

"Hey, it's alright. Don't cry,"

"You know I'm happy. So, so happy."

"I know, jagi. I know." 

Kris leaned down and kissed his boyfriend in the parking lot, keys dangling in his hand and their son nestled between their chests.

A/N SO BAEKHYUN IS THE BABY~ IM NOT ENTIRELY HAPPY WITH THIS CHAP BUT IT KINDA IS ESSENTIAL TO THE STORY SO...YEAH. I HOPE YOU'RE READY FOR CHAPTER 4 *WINK WINK*