Should I Tell Her?

For Your Happiness

Chapter 28:

 

 

Narrator's POV

 

 

 

"Naneun... Huang Yi Lin ibnida."

 

Luhan froze completely. Shivers ran down his spine, and a burning sensation filled his chest along with a very heavy weight.

*Isn't she in prison?! Is her prison serving over already?!*

Luhan's mind was fogged up with incidents that happened years ago when he was only engaged with Hyeri. He remembered everything that he tried so hard to bury ever since she was imprisoned. Huang Yi Lin was a person he didn't want to deal with ever again. But here she is, right in front of him, smirking unpleasantly and back into his life.

 

"Well, now we have gotten to know each other better, may we start with the meeting?" Mr. Huang interrupted everybody's thoughts.

 

Yi Lin's stares sent shivers and goosebumps all of Luhan. If glares could act as bullets, Luhan would've died tragically. Yi Lin bowed once again at the officials of Xi Corporation and walked back outside the meeting room. During the entire meeting, Luhan couldn't think straight. His mind was full of worry and fear. What if Yi Lin was out to hurt Hyeri again? What if she finds out about his son and daughter? What would happen then? When the meeting was over, Xi Corporations had a new business partner, Huang Incorporated. 10 minutes after the meeting was over, the meeting room was empty. Only Luhan remained seated in his chair. He was about to go crazy. How is he going to tell Hyeri about this?

 

He dragged himself out of the meeting room, emotionless and blank, although his mind was a warzone, debating over what to do in the next few days. Beside his office, was Yi Lin, waiting for him. She noticed him come towards his office, and without hesitation she confronted him.

"Oppa~!" She cheered as she stared up to the pondering Luhan.

She ignored her, pushing her aside and walking into his office, slamming the door in her face during the process.

 

Yi Lin rolled her eyes.

"He's still the same..." She told herself as she chuckled to herself.

 

 

~

 

*Hours later*

 

It was 5pm and it was time for Luhan to go home. Before he left his office, someone texted him. Hyeri.

 

From 'Love :*' >> To Luhan
Luhannie~! What do you want for dinner? Ahjumma has been waiting for you to come home since 4pm. :(

 

From Luhan >> To 'Love :*'
Minahae Hyeri-ahhh~! And tell Ahjumma I'm sorry too. Something unexpected came up. I'll be home within half an hour. :*

 

Luhan tucked his cellphone away in his pocket and jogged down to his car. Within a few minutes, he left Xi Corporations.

 

Yi Lin, who was been waiting for him to come out, stood beside his office door. Xi Corporations wasn't even close to quiet. Lots of employees and clients were still around. Yi Lin sneakily entered his office, which didn't have a lock. She closed the door behind her and studied the look of his office. It was very modern and had lots of picture frames, especially next to his desk. She ran her fingers around his wooden desk and his glass name plague that read 'Xi Corporation's Vice President Xi Luhan'. Her gaze followed to the picture frames that stood on his desk. The biggest one held the picture of Hyeri and Luhan's wedding day and the two small frames beside it, held picture of his son and daughter.

Yi Lin picked up the two small frames and studied them.

*So... he has kids, huh...*

She rolled her eyes and slammed the picture frames back onto his desk in fury. Eventually, she furiously stormed out of his office.

 

~

 

 

*Home*

 

Luhan arrived home, nervously still thinking about how he could tell Hyeri about Yi Lin. He stepped through the doors of their house to be greeted by the Ahjummas and his two kids. They happily ran up to him yelling, "Apppaaa~~!!". Luhan slowly crouched down to their height and hugged both of them, tightly.

"Annyeong Hwa Young-ah, Young Jae-ya.... Where's Umma?" He asked them after he broke the hug.

"Umma is working in your room." Hwa Young answered.

 

Luhan nodded and went to go see her. He slowly walked into the room and peeked through the door. Hyeri was on her computer, typing and scrolling away. Luhan went in, closing the door behind him. He sat on the bed, across from her, causing her to finally notice him.

"Oh? Luhan... You're here." She smiled and shut the lid of her laptop, putting it away.

"I have umm... something to tell you..." Luhan nervously mumbled.

"Okay... go ahead and say it."

"Ummm.... I..." He couldn't say anything properly.

"What?"

"Uhh... let's have a day off tomorrow. Both of us..."

"Mwo? A day off? What about work? What about the kids?"

"Umm... The kids will go to school. Just the two of us, let's take a day off."

 

*Oh my goshh, Luhan. What are you saying?!* Luhan said to himself.

 

"Oh... um... sure. I'll tell my mother." Hyeri slightly nodded and smiled.

 

Luhan nodded. *LUHAN WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU THINKING?!*

 

Without anything else said, Hyeri placed her hand on top of Luhan's shoulder.

"Let's just go downstairs and eat." Hyeri told him, calmly as she smiled comfortingly.

 

And they did.

 

~

 

*The next day*

 

After Hyeri and Luhan dropped the kids off at school, the couple set off on an all day date, something they haven't since their last wedding anniversary. Unlike many other couples at this rate, they were still very happy with each other and fought rarely. But would that change soon?

 

~

 

 

*Meanwhile at Xi Corporations building*

 

Yi Lin cheerfully ran up to Luhan's office, hoping to be able to greet him a good morning. When she mercilessly barged into his office, all she saw was his empty office seat, untouched ever since yesterday. She exited the office once again, contacting a nearby Xi Corporations official.

"Excuse me... do you happen to know where Vice President Luhan is at the moment? And when he is coming back?" She asked the official.

"Miss Huang, Vice President Luhan took a day off today. He won't be back until tomorrow morning."

Yi Lin felt a wave of disappointment rush through her.

"A day off?!" She repeated, angrily.

"Yes... Miss..."

"By any chance, did he inform you of what he would be up to on his day off?"

The official thought for a moment.

"He said he wanted to relax a bit away from work and spend a day with his family."

 

Yi Lin rolled her eyes and nodded.

"Alright.." She furiously stormed away from the clueless official.

 

 

~

 

Luhan and Hyeri spent the morning at Luhan's private park. (From Chapter: 4)

 

They sat under the same tree they did years ago when they first found out that they were arrianged to marriage. They even brought Hwa Young and Young Jae here before. Everytime they werein that park, happy memories were all they could remember. Luhan still didn't tell Hyeri about what happened yet. How would Hyeri react if she found out that Yi Lin would be bothering them again? What would Hyeri do about it? What would she say?

"Uhh... Hyeri-ah..." Luhan mumbled as they were looking off to the sky.

"Yes Luhan?"

"If one day, someone was to take me away from you... what would you do?"

Hyeri thought for a few seconds.

"Why the sudden question?" She asked.

"Uhh...I was just curious of what you would do if that ever happened."

"Well... I would definitely try to get you back. Whatever I have to do... you're mine. No one can take you away from me..."

 

Her words rang in Luhan's mind over and over again.

 

"No one?" Luhan repeated.

Hyeri nodded.

"Mhmm... no one..."

 

Luhan stared off into the sky. *Can NO ONE really take him away from her? Not even Yi Lin?*

 

 

Luhan shrugged it off. He decided not to tell Hyeri about Yi Lin. He'll just pretend that she's still in prison.

*I'll try my best not to deal with Yi Lin at all.... I'll try my best...* Luhan thought in his mind.

 

~

 

*Xi Corporations*

 

Yi Lin returned to the official she talked to earlier. She tapped his shoulder as he was reading some documents. He turned around.

"Oh? Miss Huang... What do you-"

"Has Vice President Luhan contacted you yet? Through email... text... phone call..."

"No... not yet."

Yi Lin huffed and crossed her arms.

"But... Miss Huang, may I ask... What is your relationship with Vice President Luhan?" The official asked suspiciously.

Yi Lin smirked lightly.

"I'm his girlfriend..." She coldly answered and quickly walking away to the opposite direction.

 

She left the official dumbfounded and silent.

*But... Isn't Luhan married to Hyeri?* The official thought awkwardly to himself.

 

~

 

Luhan and Hyeri stayed at the park, daydreaming, talking, feeding ducks, and eating until 3 hours have passed. After, they went to get some food at nearby restaurant. Luhan still didn't break any news to Hyeri yet. And he wasn't planning to either. They went home after they ate lunch and relaxed a little bit before picking up the kids from school. Once they arrived back home with the kids, Luhan checked his phone, which was on silent and hasn't been checked ever since morning. He noticed that he had 12 missed calls and 2 unread texts. He studied the recent contact list and realized that the number that called him 12 times was unknown. And the text messages read...

 

From Official Jung (The official from earlier) >> To Luhan
Vice President Luhan~! A female from Huang Incorporated was looking for you earlier. I informed her that you were on your day off, so don't worry about business today. Just be sure to meet her tomorrow, when you will be back at the office. Enjoy your day off, Vice President.

 

Luhan sighed heavily, knowing that it was Yi Lin who was looking for him at the office.

 

Next Message:

 

From Official Jung >> To Luhan
Vice President~! We are having a celebration tomorrow night, regarding the company's new busniess partner with Huang Incorporated. Your father requested that you attend and Huang Incorporated's President would very much like to see you attend as well. We're expecting you tomorrow, Vice President. Enjoy your day off.

 

Luhan nodded and charged his phone on the nighttable beside the bed. Hyeri was washing up at the moment. And Luhan was supposed to wash up after her. On the bed, he laid flat onto the mattress, staring up to the ceiling. He pondered.

 

*Would it be better if I didn't tell you, Hyeri?* He facepalmed himself. He's almost never kept any secrets from Hyeri. It was awfully rare for him to keep secrets from her and he didn't want to start now.

 

 

~

 

*The next day*

 

Luhan was at his office again. Yi Lin greeted him a good morning earlier, and like always, she ignored him. Luhan was lonely in his office, working and sorting things out. He didn't know how loud it was outside, with all of the rumors that have been going around and all the gossip that was quickly spreading.

 

Whispers heard:

 

"What? Vice President Luhan has a girlfriend?!"

"Isn't he married?!"

"But isn't Miss Hyeri his wife?"

"Miss Huang? He's dating Miss Huang Yi Lin?"

"Huang Yi Lin from Huang Incorporated?!"

"Huuullll.... That's not cool."

"Does Miss Hyeri know about this?!"

 

~

 

That..... was VERY LONG and boring... I AM SORRY~! >.< But suspense will build up in next few chapters~!

 

Thank you sooo much for reading, chingus~! Please Please stay tuned~! I would also really appreicate if you recommend this story to any of your AFF reading chingus as well~! But of course that is if you think it is worth reading(: I love all of you sooo very much~! Saranghaeyo chingus <3