run

Loving You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Run a little bit more,

I think we’re almost there,

Don’t be scared,

 I’m right here.”

Lu Han heaves a heavy sigh as he looks out of the window, seeing the tears of rain have unexpectedly taken its turn tonight.

“Screw you, Lu Han,” he mumbles incoherently, voice gets mixed up with the sound of heavy rain. He supposes tonight is not his big day due to major interruption of the rain.

Staring intently at the fresh bouquet of baby’s breath, he could not help but sigh all over again.

However, everything seems to have changed once he inadvertently studies the book again.

Step #41;

Girls and flowers cannot be torn apart. Giving them a bouquet of flowers might make their frozen heart turn to little ice cubes if you know how to deal with it.

p/s: A rainy day would be a perfect choice – or so we thought.

He lets out a grin as he reads the postscript. How can he miss the crucial information? He is deliriously happy that it is raining tonight. It feels like the odds are in his favour tonight.

“You’re going to get back to me tonight, Im Yoona,” he whispers victoriously as he takes turns to stare at his wife’s best friend’s house.

///

“It’s suddenly raining tonight, isn’t it?” Eunji throws a comment as she takes a fleeting glance out of the window. It has not been raining since last week and tonight, the rain pours down all of a sudden when she has a dinner date with her boyfriend, Kyungsoo.

“I guess so,” Kyungsoo answers nonchalantly. The rainy night does not matter to him; the only thing that matters is what will happen next.

Truth be told, he is going to propose Eunji to bring them to another step; a married life. However, he is awfully nervous to initiate. Initially, he had asked the assigned waiter to place the diamond ring in the desert. In spite of the prior action, he supposes it is not going to work. It is not because Eunji might have her hands curl in mortification, but he thinks it is too cliché and feels like he does not put much effort to propose her.

“Eunji, hold on. I need to go to the washroom.” Kyungsoo excuses himself when they have done with the main course.

“Sure thing.”

Once he comes back ten minutes later, she notices something has gotten different with his face. He looks quite restless and fidgeting in his seat.

“Are you okay?” She stares at him in worry. “Does your stomach feel hurt?”

“No,” he mutters with a light shake. “I’m just... okay.”

“Then what is wrong with you?” She is confused. “You look weird after coming back from the washroom.”

Kyungsoo does not answer her curiosity and instead, he cuts to the chase – the reason why he asked her for a dinner date tonight.

“Eunji,” he starts solemnly, “I definitely am not a romanticist, so I’ll get straight to the point.”

“What... is it?”

He reaches the ring box from his pocket with nervous hand (he took it back from the waiter just now with the reason of going to the washroom) and opens it to show the diamond ring to his girlfriend.

“Will you... marry me?”

///

Jessica stares out of the window, sighing for the umpteenth time. It is raining like cats and dogs and in all honesty, she would have loved to ask Lu Han come in the house, but she does not have the guts to do so.

“Yoona, your husband is outside, waiting for you to come out,” are the only words she can utter to help Lu Han. “Just go running to him. You know it’s raining heavily right now, don’t you?”

“Just.... screw him. I didn’t ask him to come here, did I?” Yoona takes a breath of infuriation and only focuses on reading the fashion magazine. She does not care if she is badly criticized for being ignorant. The deep, swollen hurt wound that Lu Han made has yet to subside.

“Look here, Yoona,” Jinki starts in a gruff voice. He could not take this any longer. From his impression, Yoona has been way too much. Albeit she hates her husband for making herself look bad, she should not let him wait for her in the rain for almost half an hour. “I don’t know whether you’re dumb or not, but Lu Han has been standing in the rain for thirty minutes!”

“Are you a human, Yoona? I do care if you’re still upset for what he had done to you, but right now – at this very moment, could you at least have a pity of your husband? If he ends up getting a fever, I will put the whole blame on you!”

“Weren’t you being too harsh, Jinki?” Jessica shakes his sleeve on an attempt to calm her husband down. Yoona looks very shocked upon his sudden outburst. She is flabbergasted as well. Jinki has never thrown a fit to anyone including her beforehand.

“Put yourself in Lu Han’s shoes and you’d feel what he’s feeling right now,” are all he says to his wife before he shoots a piercing glare at the flustered pregnant woman. “Think about it, Yoona. You’ll end up either being considered as a rude wife for letting your husband stand in the rain or keep being an egoistic .”

///

Yoona fidgets in her seat after mulling over what Jinki had said to her just now. Instead of wanting to throw a tantrum, she is more to feeling discomfited to both Jinki and Jessica. As a matter of fact, she has no clue that Lu Han has been outside for half an hour. She thought he was waiting for her for merely several minutes.

Jinki was right and she does not beg to differ. However, she is too stubborn and would rather be the egoistic .

“Yoona, just go pick him up.” Jessica breaks the pregnant silence. “Throw your ego away and think of Lu Han this time.”

“But I-”

“If you still insist on doing nothing, I’ll bring him inside!” Jinki already stands up to pick the drenched younger male before Yoona interrupts on impulse.

“Fine, I’ll go!” Yoona rises and scurries to the door unwillingly, face in evident dissatisfaction. If she has not thought of how Jinki and Jessica’s kindness for letting her stay in their house for free, she would not have ever thought to feel sorry for her husband – not for once.

///

Lu Han has a big, jovial grin sweeps across his soaking feature once the door is unlocked and he could see his wife walking out of the house towards the gate.

Despite he has to wait in the rain for half an hour and his clothes are all drenching wet, the sight of Yoona coming out of the door defeats everything.

“Yoona,” he remarks, almost like a whisper, “finally, you came out...”

She pays no heed to his words, grabbing him by his sleeve and drags him into the house.

“You shouldn’t be standing in front of the house if you knew it was going to rain,” she eventually speaks, wrapping him with a dry towel although she is grumbling like a middle-aged woman. Much to her fortunate, the married couple have gone to their bedroom as soon as they enter the house.

He chuckles playfully amidst sneezing. “If I hadn’t done this way, you wouldn’t have wanted to meet me.”

“You th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter