thunder

Loving You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I was late like thunder,
I’m regretting it now,
Boom Boom Boom Boom,
I let out a sound late calling for you.”

After the office hour ends, Lu Han goes along with Nana and her son, Jaejin, to the bookstore in the mall. He needs to buy some reference books for his work purpose.

After he has chosen several desired reference books, he moves to shelf by shelf while waiting for them.

Ultimately, he stumbles upon quite a unique book in the ‘tips and motivation’ shelf.

“50 steps to winning your lover’s heart back?” he mutters as he reads the book title. “What is this book about?”

In order to entertain his curiosity, Lu Han aimlessly flips the 90 pages book to a random page.

Step #20;

If your sweetheart and you are in a fighting mode, it is indeed as easy as ABC to win her heart back. Girls are all easy to surrender if you give them their favourite things. For instance, a dress, jewellery, watch or even an Ipad. Rest assured; she would instantly cling onto you again within a second!

p/s: It would be better if you add some love quotes or confession from your sincere heart!

Lu Han does not seem quite convinced by the so-called step. “Can I trust this stuff and would Yoona be melting if I did this to her?”

“Oppa, what are you reading?” Nana appears from nowhere, almost giving Lu Han a heart attack.

“N-nothing!” He anxiously slides the book in the middle of his reference books. “Have you, uhm, done paying your books?”

“I have.” Nana nods. “Let’s go now, oppa.”

“I’ll go pay my books and after that, we’ll go.”

“Let’s eat before we left, oppa,” Nana nods and looks at her son standing beside her. “Jaejin’s kind of hungry since we reached here.”

“Sure thing,” and he stares at his beloved nephew with a hidden smirk, “and after we eat, can I ‘borrow’ Jaejin for a moment?”

She raises an eyebrow. “Where do you want to go with him?”

“It’s been a while since I last spent time with my beloved nephew, Nana.” He looks at the innocent Jaejin with a broad grin. “Jaejin-ah, do you want to stroll around the mall with Uncle Lu? I can buy you any toy you want.”

“Really?” The five year-old kid’s eyes sparkle in massive excitement at the word, ‘toy’. “Uncle Lu will buy any toy I want?”

He purses his lips with a shake. “Not only toys, Jaejin-ah. Everything that comes out from your lips, I’ll buy.”

Jaejin could not help but literally jump in happiness. A moment later, she grabs his mother’s hand imploringly and says, “Omma, I’m going to walk around the mall with Uncle Lu so you can go home yourself!”

Nana sighs, but nods in approval nonetheless. She is actually against the thought of her brother’s utmost love for her son. Jaejin would be a spoiled brat if Lu Han keeps treating him like one. Even his dad, Joongki, has never done the same treatment like Lu Han’s.

///

Yoona balls her fist up as she stares in disbelief at her husband coming again at Jessica’s house. Albeit she is pissed at his stubbornness, she is more devastated that Lu Han has unexpectedly brought his secret weapon.

He evidently knows that she really adores Joongki and Nana’s son, Song Jaejin, and that is why he brought the little kid here.

“Auntie Yoona, Uncle Lu bought me a lot of presents!” Jaejin excitedly starts showing the presents he got from the plastic bag.

Lu Han only coughs in response while Yoona gawks at him as if she wants to eat him alive.

“Oh, really?” Yoona feigns a shocked look. “Uncle Lu is so kind enough to buy you all this stuffs, Jaejin-ah.”

Jaejin grins widely. “I know, right?”

“And before I forget, Uncle Lu also bought you a present!” He takes the separate paper bag and hands it over to his auntie.

Yoona, who is flustered by the present, reluctantly takes it from his grip before she puts it on her lap.

“Open it!” instructs Jaejin giddily. “It’s really expensive and tell you what, I even helped Uncle Lu choose the present for you, Auntie Yoona!”

Lu Han exchanges a you-did-a-good-job look with his nephew before he opts to open his mouth in victory. “Take it, Yoona. Jaejin-ah would be disappointed if you didn’t want to accept the present that he’d put a lot of efforts to help me.”

Despite the unwillingness, she accepts it for the sake of her nephew. “Thanks!” she replies as she gazes at her husband, although it is more like a screech of dissatisfaction.

“Why didn’t you open it, Auntie Yoona?” The little kid frowns, bemused of the sight of his auntie doing nothing towards the present.

“I, err... open it later,” she answers in hesitation.

“Okay.” He gives her nod and soon, tilts his head. “By the way....”

“Hmm?” Lu Han tousles his nephew’s hair lovingly.

“Why does Auntie Yoona live here?” he asks, dumbfounded. “I think Uncle Lu’s house is different from this house and I’ve never been here.”

Lu Han and Yoona find their lips seal at the loss of words.

“Oh... that’s because Uncle Lu has a lot of works at office and your Auntie Yoona feels bored at home, so that’s why she stays here – at her friend’s house for a few days.”

Lu Han narrows his eyes at Yoona, but his wife quickly glances away to somewhere else. She is embarrassed, he supposes.

///

Lu Han opens the door after he gets annoyed of the continous ringing house bell. He curses inwardly, saying who would come at such hour.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter