moonlight

Loving You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You shower in the pouring moonlight,
I haven’t seen that entrancing expression before,
I look at you who’s stopped like a picture and at the end of that gaze.”

Lu Han tosses his cell phone on the coffee table, looking blankly at it and eventually an audible, deep sigh is heard.

Countless phone calls and text messages have been made through his wife’s number but she took an immediate initiative to turn her cell phone off.

He is positive that Yoona has run away when he was still in deep sleep. The latter must have eavesdropped to his conversation with Myungsoo last night.

A part of his curses himself for badmouthing his wife (although it was more to dishing his complaint out) and a little part of his feels at ease because he is now free from her. He would not be disturbed by her over the top food craving and whatnot.

Still, tell him, whose husband would not be worried sick if his wife was never to be found? As a matter of fact, Yoona is bearing a child. He could not help but be utterly apprehensive. He wonders where she is right now.

She would not be at her parents’ or his parents-in-law because if she did, he would have been told off by them right away.

On the spur of the moment, Jessica Jung’s name comes across his mind. She is his wife’s best friend and Yoona would have let her know about her current whereabouts.

Dialling her number at a fast speed, Lu Han ends up communicating with the moderator.

“Where are you, Yoona?” he sighs as he ends the call. He still cannot reach his wife.

Several minutes later, a call comes up, but it is neither from Yoona nor Jessica. It is from his friend, Chen.

“Yah, why aren’t you coming to work? It’s like, 10 am right now.”

“I’m not coming today,” Lu Han answers insipidly. “I have things to settle right now.”

“What is it about?”

“Uhm, you know...” He is hesitated to let him now at first, but after contemplating Chen is his closest friend, he lets him know. “Yoona’s run away from home so yeah, I’m in the midst of searching her.”

“She has what? Run away?”

He winces at the boisterous screech, pulling his cell phone out to rub his ear. “Yah, don’t scream. I still can hear you.”

“Sorry, pal. I was just shocked to have heard the news. Tell me, why is she running away from you? Did you hurt her?”

“I’m, uhm, not sure yet.” Lu Han bites his lower lip. “Anyway, I’ll tell you once I’ve had a grasp of her whereabouts.”

“Fine. Make sure to tell me right from the start,” Chen answers in defeat, “and do tell me if you need help.”

“Okay, I get it.” He nods. “Thanks, Chen-ah.”

“No biggie, Lu Han-ah. I just hope you’ll find her sooner.”

“No worries. I will.”

Lu Han flicks the ‘end’ button once he has finished talking on the line with Chen. At the very least, it lessens the pressure he is having right now.

“Aish, why on earth did I forget Jinki hyung’s name?” He rolls his eyes at the thought of Jessica’s husband. If he could not get a hold of her, he still has her husband to reach.

///

Jessica flashes her best friend a wary look, unsure if she should let her devour all the mouth-watering food on the dining table. Yoona has been switching from vanilla ice-cream, macaroons and chocolate cake from time to time.

“Why are you looking at me in such way, Sica?” Albeit she is confused, Yoona does not stop shoving a spoonful of vanilla ice-cream into .

“Are you that hungry?” she asks worriedly. “And don’t you think what you are eating are too high on sugar? Ice-cream is fine but macaroons are way too sugary, Im Yoona!”

“Kind of,” she chuckles adorably. “I guess my baby wants to eat these kinds of sweet foods.”

Jessica ends up shaking her head helplessly and letting her do what she thinks is good for her and the baby inside her stomach. If her friend is happy, she will be happy as well.

“Why aren’t you going to work today?” Yoona asks, mouth full of chocolate cake.

“Today’s Monday and you know my company’s system is different on giving weekends leave, don’t you?”

“I guess I forgot.” She scratches her nape, embarrassed. “Jinki’s company too?”

The Korean-American woman nods in approval and only remembers her husband’s sudden dismissal. “Speaking of Jinki, where is he? I think he’s here just now.”

“He went outside just now for a call.”

“Oh, I see...” Jessica turns back to her friend. “Yoona, don’t you think Lu Han wouldn’t find you here sooner or later?”

Yoona has literally lost her appetite once her husband slash betrayer’s name is mentioned. “That betrayer wouldn’t find me here if you or Jinki didn’t tell him.”

Jessica sighs at her friend’s indifference. It seems like she really detests her husband for this time being. If she didn’t, she would not have called him with such a crude name like ‘betrayer’.

This early in the morning, she was flabbergasted to see Yoona standing in front of her house, bringing a big luggage with her. She asked her why and she eventually revealed that she had finally gotten to know what her husband thought of her. He was sick and tired of entertaining her antics.

Jessica does not know which party she should root for because both of them are at fault. Lu Han was quite blunt on complaining (though he did not complain it directly to his wife) and Yoona was wrong because she ran away from home before hearing his explanation.

In spite of the fault, she was kind enough to let her stay a few days here. Much to her luck, Jinki did not mind about it.

“Stop mentioning his name, Sica. I think I’m going to throw up if I heard his name again.” She huffs a breath of annoyance, putting the spoon back into the ice cream container. She has lost her appetite and it cannot be helped. “Let’s talk about you and Jinki. How’s your new married life with him? OK or KO?”

“So far so good.” Jessica smiles in remembrance. She has just tied the knot with her devoted boyfriend last week. “He treats me so well that I feel like I’m in paradise.”

“Every man would be like that during the first phase of marriage, Sica.” The pregnant woman lets out a scoff, clearly and ironically shoving Lu Han’s name as the concrete evidence. Look what he has done to her. He was all sweet; his words were all sugar-coated; his treatment to her was no joke. However, in the end, everything has torn apart once she is expecting. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter