Chapter 2

Step Up

Eunhyuk slowly opened his eyes, everything was blurry. he forced himself to sit up, if he didn't he would just fall back asleep. Eunhyuk moved his legs off the bed, slipping into his fuzzy monkey slippers to keep his feet snug. He got off his comfy bed and dragged himself towards the mirror hanging on the wall.  Before his eyes settled, letting him have a clear vision of reality. Looking into the mirror, he sighed, his scruffy, tangled brown hair stuck up in every direction.

 Eunhyuk thought to himself, You know some girls like the messy style..
 
He ran his fingers through his hair and gave a cool smile. Instead a gummy, awkward smile appeared. Eunhyuk frowned, hiding his gums, and let out a sigh. Turning around to return to his bed, he stopped noticing the figure on the bed next to his. . The figure on the bed stared at him, smirking.
 
"Going for the messy style Hyukkie?" Kyuhyun asked, pleased with himself, "Girls dig that."
 
It's like he can read minds..
Eunhyuk completely forgot about the existence of his room-mate.
Why is he awake anyway? He normally plays Starcraft till 4am, no-wonder I slept peacefully.
 
"What?" Eunhyuk replied "Never mind, anyway how are you up so early?" 
 
"I didn't game all that much last night" Kyuhyun replied, with an answer much unlike him.
 
"Really? Why?"
 
"I was..too distracted" He confessed, then bit his lip trying to hide his smile.
 
"By what?" Eunhyuk asked. Distracted from gaming? Is that even possible for him?
The smile cracked. 
 
"By..you." Kyuhyun bit his lip again, but not hard enough, a burst of laughter followed. 
Eunhyuk laughed, his laugh slowly getting awkwarder and awkwarder. "What exactly did I do?"
 
"Did you know you talk in your sleep" Kyuhyun asked.
 
"I what?" Eunhyuk questioned, yet again.
 
"You talk..in your sleep..you know, Sleep talking." 
 
"I know what it is, big deal."
 
"Well, in all the time we've been room-mates I've never heard you sleep talk"
 
"So? It's a natural thing" Eunhyuk said calming down. It's not that bad, I thought I did something embarrassing there.. 
"So what did I ask for?" Eunhyuk joked. "Milk and Cookies?"
 
"More like a kiss."
 
Eunhyuk froze, his laughter stopping all of a sudden. A tense feeling grew in his stomach.
Kyuhyun continued seeing as Eunhyuk was going to be stuck like that for a while. "You were probably having a dream about that girl, you know the one you stalk?"
Eunhyuk was too stiff to reply at the untrue teasing. Kyuhyun continued again "And all I could here was you giggling, then you were whispering 'kiss' and then you talked every so often."
 
Eunhyuk shook off the stiff, frozen feeling. Instead a hot, burning feeling filled his face. Did I really do that? 
"Did I really do that?" he asked. 
Kyuhyun slowly looked away from his hyung who sat on the bed across from him, realising it wasn't as funny as he thought it would be.
 
~ ~
 
Kyuhyun felt bad. "Normally teasing Eunhyuk is fun but..I've embarrassed him." 
Kyuhyun was talking to a boy, older than him. He had light brown hair and a caring smile. "Donghae, what do I do?" Kyuhyun asked.
 
The boy Donghae, sat beside the worried dongsaeng listening to everything he said carefully,
 "You know Kyuhyun" Donghae said "I'd never thought you'd be the one to feel bad after teasing your hyungs, I mean you are one of the youngest after all." 
Kyuhyun nodded, but he was worried about Eunhyuk..going to Eunhyuk's best friend, Donghae, was probably the best thing to do.
 
"So..our Hyukjae has a..crush?" Donghae asked, he seemed hurt.
 
"I don't know" Kyuhyun said " It's this girl, she's a dancer..he watches her dance."
 
"Oh so they know each other?"
 
"No, he..doesn't know who she is. I'm pretty sure she's yet to discover his existence.
 
"Oh" Donghae said. There was a pause. "So did Hyukjae tell you about this..girl?"
It went quiet. Kyuhyun rubbed the back of his neck.
 
"Maybe."
 
"Kyuhyun" Donghae said sternly. 
 
"No." Kyuhyun sighed " I found out." 
Donghae gave him a little push. There was another silence.
 
"Well Eunhyuk should be in the dance practice rooms just now, practising himself, as usual." Donghae said.
Donghae does dancing, as well as Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk, Donghae and Kyuhyun attend a Performing Arts school for music, singing, dancing and acting. 
There are two different blocks, Girls block and Boys block. Obviously staying in the boys block, Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun share a dorm and Donghae shares with a boy named Yesung.
 
"C'mon" 
 
~ ~
 
Eunhyuk sat in the corner of the dance room on the cold ground, it cooled him down nicely as he was too warm from all his hard work. He thought about his dancing, he was working really hard on his dancing but couldn't seem to get it right. The dancer messed up a lot of steps, couldn't keep in time with the music, nothing seemed to be going right for him. 
I hope I wasn't too harsh on Kyuhyun, I was just a bit shocked. I mean, I don't even know her. It's creepy how I'm thinking about her, asking her to..k-kiss..me..in my dreams and watching her, When she doesn't even know I exist.  Eunhyuk stood up and packed his things away. All of a sudden the door opened.
 
"Yah, you finished in here?" An unfamiliar voice said.
 
"Yeah, just hold on-"
Eunhyuk froze. It was her. The girl. Her bright unusual hair was tied up into a ponytail, her hand placed on her hip and her foot tapped impatiently. She was wearing shorts, exposing her long, slender legs.. 
Eunhyuk snapped out of it.
 "Yeah...yeah" he said as he lifted his bag and walked past the girl, avoiding eye contact, leaving the room and closing the door behind him.