Chapter 5

Step Up

 

Eunhyuk couldn't breathe. Or forgot to breathe. His chest felt tight. Eunhyuk was sitting at a desk on his own in the far corner of the classroom. Only across the class was her, the girl he had been admiring for sometime now. The girl named Meng Jia. 
 
Eunhyuk felt almost...happy, happy that he knew her name, that's all he needed to know.
 
Meng Jia.
 
Jia was sitting next to Fei, the girl who Eunhyuk had just briefly met. She seemed to be one of Jia's friends along with the two Korean girls, of different heights, sitting behind them. Eunhyuk felt content, he didn't want to be here. He had learned her name, that was enough for him. He wasn't here to learn Chinese, he was here to see her. He had seen her, time to leave. Good-Bye.
 
Eunhyuk sat through the full class trying to pay attention, since Eunyhyuk only knew very basic Chinese like 'Where is the toilet?' and 'I want to eat this' , which he had learned from Kyuhyun, he thought that's all he needed. But apparently not.
 
Eunhyuk couldn't help but glance over at Jia, her hair was tied up again. She looked so innocent and doll-like. So un-like the girl he saw fiercely dancing, with a strong gaze. He tried his best to pay attention to the teacher. Eunhyuk didn't even know why he was trying to pay attention. It's not as if he wanted to learn Chinese. He was pretty sure he wasn't going to continue with these classes. But maybe he might.
 
Is it because I want to see her more?
 
An hour came and went and the class was over. Eunhyuk was asked to stay behind by the teacher. Eunhyuk watched as the classmates left one by one. Jia left class in front of Fei. Fei turned around before leaving, she smiled at Eunhyuk. A warm smile. The door closed. The teacher started talking to Eunhyuk about supported study, since Eunhyuk had only just joined the class and has missed a lot. Eunhyuk agreed to work hard, not even sure if he would return to this classroom again.
 
~ ~
 
Eunhyuk got out of the building out of the building and headed for the dorms. He entered the building, walked up the staircase and went into the boys wing. Walking down the corridor Eunhyuk headed for room 13. His room. Room 15 was Donghae and Yesung's room. He fumbled with his keys which had a monkey keychain, a picture of Eunhyuk and Donghae on a keychain, the dance room key and his room key. Eunhyuk, using his room key, unlocked the door.
 
On the bed that wasn't Eunhyuk's sat a young boy, holding a controller. He was staring at Eunhyuk. The computer system in front of the boy made shooting sound effects followed by a "GAME OVER" sound effect.
 
"Ni Hao." Kyuhyun said.
 
I'm going to kill him.
 
Eunhyuk shut the door behind him, not taking his eyes off of Kyuhyun.
 
"Oh ."
 
Eunhyuk stormed over to the bed were his gamer dongsaeng sat. Eunhyuk raised a fist, Kyuhyun flinched and.. Eunhyuk dropped the fist. He slumped his shoulders and sat on his bed. Kyuhyun opened one eye at a time, he saw Eunhyuk upset. 
 
"Hyung?" Kyuhyun said "I'm sorry I didn't mean to tease, I thought the plan would work.."
 
"Meng Jia" Eunhyuk said.
 
"What?" Kyuhyun said.
 
"Her name. It's Meng Jia." Eunhyuk said "Your plan kinda worked. I know her name.."
 
"It worked?" Kyuhyun asked "Then why are you upset hyung?"  
 
Eunhyuk explained the full story. About the girl called Fei, meeting his old friend Hangeng and about the other classmates. it turned out Kyuhyun knew the girl that was talking about a wedding. Her name was Victoria, but that wasn't important. Eunhyuk told him how he wanted to go back to the class, but he didn't know why and how he was asked to do extra work to catch up.
 
"So..your going back to the class?" Kyuhyun asked.
 
"Yeah..I think..I think I am.." Eunhyuk said, unsure.                                                                                                    
 
"For her?" 
 
"For her.." Eunhyuk said. He wondered if maybe he was going back because he felt he had to, his teacher expecting him and all. Eunhyuk was pretty sure he couldn't just sign up for a class and quit it, schools don't let these things slide. Maybe he wanted to go back to talk to Hangeng, or maybe Fei. But Eunhyuk knew the truth..
 
"I want her to notice me.." Eunhyuk confessed "if I go to that class again..maybe she will.."
 
...
 
Kyuhyun smiled. 
 
~ ~
 
~8:00 AM~
 
The next day Eunhyuk had Chinese class at 9:00 AM. He felt quite excited to go. 
 
When Eunhyuk woke up at 8:00 AM he got ready for class. He showered quickly, dressed in a blue plaid shirt and his favourite jeans. Once dressed he shoved a notebook and pen into his bag. He decided he would get his dance stuff ready because he had sometime to spare. While Eunhyuk sat his dance bag on his bed for later, he tried not to wake his sleeping dongsaeng, Kyuhyun. Who could sleep in longer since he didn't have any classes till 10:00 AM. Picking up his keys and bag, Eunhyuk headed for the door. Stopping at the mirror, Eunhyuk looked at himself. His brown hair was neat but very plain. Eunhyuk looked at his roomate to see if he was really asleep. He was. Eunhyuk ran his fingers through his hair and shaked it a bit, making his neat hair messy. He smiled, trying the messy style..again. Eunhyuk sighed at this look, discontent he patted down his hair and headed outside the door.
 
Walking along the boys corridor, a head popped out of room 15. 
 
"Hyukjae~" 
 
Eunhyuk turned around. It was Donghae. He was trying to whisper, probably because Yesung was asleep, but loud enough for Eunhyuk to hear.
 
"Fighting~" Donghae he whispered. Eunhyuk smiled, relvealing his gummy smile. Donghae smiled back before sticking his head back into his room. Eunhyuk had been texting Donghae for most of the night telling him about Chinese class.
 
~ ~
 
~9:00 AM~
 
Class had started.
 
Eunhyuk sat at his seat, the loner desk in the far corner. He was the first one there.
 
One by one classmates entered. The girl, Kyuhyun knew, named Victoria and her tomboy friend. The tall boy, Zhou Mi and the younger boy Henry Lau. Followed by Hangeng, who waved at Eunhyuk. He seemed really tired. Fei entered followed by the tall girl and the short girl. The rest of the classmates followed. Every seat was taken, every seat but one...
 
Meng Jia's.
 
The teacher entered, about to close the door behind him, it was about two inches away from the door being closed when it opened suddenly.
 
"YAH!" A girl yelled pushing the door open. It was Jia, she was wearing baggy hip-hop clothing again. Maybe this was her style?
 
"What do you think your doing young lady?" the Teacher said "Why are you like this? Coming late to class as always, dressing like a delinquent and yelling at me? Get to your seat." 
 
"I'm so sorry Sir" The girl said. "I didn't know it was you.."
 
"Your seat!" The teacher exclaimed.
 
Walking over to her seat she muttered something about not being a delinquent, she sat next to Fei. 
 
The lesson began.
 
Eunhyuk took as many notes as he could during the lesson, every so often he would look over to Jia. No-one seen him staring at Jia..no-one noticed him at all. He sat quietly in his loner corner. 
 
Class ended and everyone was dismissed. Eunhyuk waited till everyone left before packing up his things and heading for the door. On the way out the teacher gave him several worksheets and textbooks for extra work to catch up. Eunhyuk nodded at everything the teacher said, not really paying attention.
 
~ ~
 
Eunhyuk had 4 Chinese lessons a week, for two weeks Eunhyuk attended all of his Chinese class lessons. Each period was just the same as the next one, Eunhyuk sat in his loner corner seat for an hour and then left, only accomplishing to write a few notes and admire Jia from a far.
 
~ ~
 
"How was class?" Kyuhyun asked. Kyuhyun asked this everytime after Eunhyuk finished another hour of Chinese class. 8 hours of Chinese so far.
 
Kyuhyun and Donghae had just returned from singing class, Kyuhyun sat down on his bed. Eunhyuk was lying down on his bed, Donghae closed the door behind him and sat on Eunhyuk's bed, he moved Eunhyuk's legs to make room. The owner of the bed didn't seem to mind. 
 
"Fine~" Eunhyuk said sleepily. They sat in silence for a while, Donghae played with Eunhyuk's shoelaces. 
 
"You've been attending Chinese class for two weeks now..that's 8 hours of Chinese so far?" Donghae said, still playing with Eunhyuk's shoelaces.
 
"Yeah~" Eunhyuk said. As that week passed Eunhyuk's answers has gotten shorter. After the first few lessons Eunhyuk could spend over an hour talking about how class went, but now..there wasn't much to say. There was a very long slience.
 
"Guys." Eunhyuk said "I don't think this is working."
 
"What?" Donghae said.
 
"This plan." Eunhyuk replied "Every time I'm in that class it's just the same routine. Over and over, I sit alone in a corner. I feel alone, the only time I feel happy in that class is when I see her. At this rate she'll never notice me.."
 
There was another silence. Eunhyuk felt Donghae move off his bed. Eunhyuk sat up. Donghae now sat beside Kyuhyun, both smiling.
 
"What?" Eunhyuk asked. Donghae nodded to Kyuhyun, he pulled out a plastic bad from under his bed.
 
"We have a plan."
 
Oh dear God no.
 

Hey there! Thank you for all your support guise! This chapter is super long but rather boring and slow. Sorry! 
The next chapter will be much better..
Basically Eunhyuk confesses he really wants Jia to notice him but he doesn't know how..luckily Donghae and Kyuhyun have another brilliant plan! What do you think the plan is? What could be in the plastic bag? 
Anyway, hope you enjoy and PLEASE comment ^^