Chapter 4

Step Up

 

Eunhyuk stood in front of the chestnut brown door, he looked it up and down, in the center it had a small window. Written across the front of the door in painted gold letters were ‘CHINESE CLASS’.
 
Eunhyuk stood confused in front of the door, his dongsaengs stood behind him.
 
“Here we are!” Donghae said happily. 
 
Donghae had been Eunhyuk’s best friend since they were 10, now 17. Upon embarking this performing arts school they stuck together. They take dance class together and they practice dance together. They both aim for the same career, maybe even a career together. Although Eunhyuk is more interested in rap than Donghae, who is interested in acting and singing. Donghae was the kindest person he had ever met, he always made Eunhyuk show his gummy smile. Donghae is also very handsome, he gets asked out a lot..but turns the girls down politely. He is academic, studies a lot. 
 
Eunhyuk thought to himself, Heh..I used to..kind of..like..Donghae..
Eunhyuk’s thoughts were cut off by his sudden realisation.
 
“WAIT” Eunhyuk said, turning round to face his dongsaengs “You guys don’t want me, to go in there..do you?” 
Donghae and Kyuhyun looked at each other simultaneously. They do.
Eunhyuk realised “But..why? How the hell does this work?”
 
“Well..yesterday when Kyuhyun was upset when he thought he made you angry..” Donghae explained “he was walking by here, trying to find the dance room in hope to find you..”
 
“And I saw someone..” Kyuhyun continued “..a pink-haired girl, she walked into this classroom”
 
“So you mean..she..takes Chinese class?” Eunhyuk asked.
 
“Probably.” Kyuhyun said.
 
“But I don’t.” Eunhyuk pointed out.
 
“Oh..but you do.”
 
“I what?” Eunhyuk asked, confused “Oh no. Yous didn’t”
 
“Sign you up for Chinese class?” Kyuhyun said “Oh, but we did”
 
“But I can’t speak Chinese..” 
 
“Exactly!” Kyuhyun said “That’s why your taking this class!” He winked jokingly.
 
“But..you guys are coming as well..aren’t you?” Eunhyuk asked. 
Donghae and Kyuhyun looked at each other again. They aren’t.
 
“But..But” Eunhyuk stuttered “I can’t go in there alone!..Kyuhyun, you said you like Chinese, don't you want to learn it?"
 
“No, I said I like Chinese food” Kyuhyun said
 
“But yous can’t expect me to go in there?” Eunhyuk said, he couldn’t seem to get himself out of this one, “What if she doesn’t take Chinese class?"
 
"Dude, she is Chinese" They replied.
 
"What if she's not in there?" Eunhyuk said, he turned away from his dongsaengs and towards the door, he looked through the small window. 
Scanning the room he looked for a pink-haired girl. Several figures were sitting on desks chatting, some were standing. He couldn't see any figures with pink hair.
 
"Guys, I don't think shes in-" Before Eunhyuk could finish, he was being shoved into the door. The door opened and he landed on the ground, face first, in the classroom. The door closed slowly behind him. He to his back, rubbing his head. He saw his dongsaengs, outside of the class, they mouthed something like 'Sorry Hyung'. The door closed and their figures disappeared from the view of the window. Eunhyuk then realised where he was. He turned to look around the class, several classmates started laughing. His face went red. A girl came over and held out her hand. Eunhyuk looked up at at the girl. Her long brown hair fell as she looked down at Eunhyuk. 
 
"Are you okay?" The girl asked.
 
"What?" Eunhyuk said stupidly "Oh..yeah, I'm fine.." he took her hand and got back on his feet "Thanks." 
She smiled sweetly. 
 
"I'm Fei" she said "Wang Fei Fei"
 
"Lee Hyukjae" Eunhyuk said "or..Eunhyuk"
 
"Nice to meet you" Fei said "Your new to this class aren't you?" Eunhyuk nodded. 
"You should take a seat, class is about to start" She suggested.
 
 Eunhyuk did as was he told, bowed to the kind, chinese girl and took a seat in the far corner. Fei sat down at her seat, next to two korean girls. One was very tall and one was rather..short. At another table two girls were talking, one girl had long brown hair and a pretty smile. Eunhyuk could hear her talking about a wedding. The other girl, could have been mistaken for a boy. She had a tomboy look about her. He looked around the room, once more. There were about 25 classmates. But he hardly knew any of them. 
 
There was three boys chatting to each other in the corner, one boy was very tall and wore glasses. He had a sweet smile. Another boy was short, sort of cute. He had large mochi-like cheeks. The other boy, Eunhyuk actually knew who it was. Hangeng, he went to the same middle school as Eunhyuk. It's been sometime since I've seen him.. Eunhyuk thought. Eunhyuk smiled, happy he knew someone in the class. The boy, Hangeng, looked around. Towards Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk froze, hiding his dumb smile. The boy tilted his head, squinting his eyes, before a shocked look appeared on is face. The tall boy and the mochi boy kept talking, not realising Hangeng was not taking part in their conversation. Hangeng walked over. 
 
"Eunhyuk?" Hangeng asked.
 
"Yeah, Hangeng .." Eunhyuk said "it's been a while"
 
Hangeng smiled "I didn't know you went here" Hangeng said.
 
"It's a large school.." Eunhyuk said "I didn't know you went here either.."
 
"I've missed you Hyukjae.." Hangeng said "we should eat together to catch up sometime!"
 
"Yes, that would be great Hangeng!" Eunhyuk nodded "I'm glad.." 
 
"Me too. I miss everyone from middle school..it's like they don't know you anymore..but I'm glad you remember me!" Hangeng said, he smiled a big, warm smile that made Eunhyuk reveal his gummy smile. Hangeng was about to say something when the teacher walked in. 
 
"Right class into your seats!" The teach exclaimed. Hangeng bowed to Eunhyuk and walked to his seat. Everyone was sat in their seats ready for the lesson to begin. Eunhyuk scanned the room once more. She wasn't here. The pink-haired girl was no where to be found.
Eunhyuk searched his pockets for his phone. He found it and hid it from the teachers sight. Scrolling through his contacts, Eunhyuk, tapped the screen at a contact saved as 'Kyuhyun'. Eunhyuk started typing a message to Kyuhyun. 
 
'Guys, she isn't here! I told you! I thought your plan was full proof!! - Eunhyuk' 
 
Eunhyuk clicked send. He held the phone under the table, waiting for a reply. The phone vibrated.
 
'NO, our plan is A Class! ;) - Kyuhyun'
 
Eunhyuk clenched his phone when he read the message. He shoved it back in his pocket. The teacher started to take attendance.
 
"Wang Fei?" The teacher said.
 
"Here" Fei replied.
 
"Henry Lau?" The teacher said.
 
"Here!" The boy, with the cute cheeks, replied.
 
"Zhou Mi?" 
 
"Here" The tall boy replied. The teacher went through the full class, then he came to Eunhyuk's name.
 
"Lee Hyukjae?" The teacher said.
 
"Here Sir!" Eunhyuk replied.
 
"Your new to this class aren't you?" The teacher asked.
 
"Yes Sir" Eunhyuk said.
 
"Okay then.." The teacher said "welcome!..Okay..where was I..oh yes. Meng Jia?"
No reply came.
 
"Meng Jia?" The teacher called again. 
Just then the door opened. A girl wearing hip-hop style, baggy clothing rushed in. "Sorry I'm late sir." A girl with..pink hair.
 

 
Chapter 4 already!?
 
Thank you for all your support! PLEASE comment! Even if its just to say 'update soon', I love hearing from you guys!
Hope you enjoyed this chapter, its rather long..but not much happens.
So basically in this chapter Eunhyuk attends Chinese Class as part as Donghae and Kyuhyun's 'A Class' Plan..
 
And in case you didn't understand who the k-pop idols who attend the Chinese Class are:- 
  • Victoria (the girl talking about a wedding) and Amber (fx) 
  • Henry and Zhou Mi (Super Junior-M)
  • Hangeng (Super Junior)
  • Fei, Min (the short girl), Suzy (the tall girl), Jia (Miss A)
  • And obviously Eunhyuk.
Thank you!