Chapter 3

Step Up

 

Lee Hyukjae what the hell were you thinking?
The young brunette stormed up a flight of stairs, muttering 'Idiot' at every step he took. He tried to re-think what he exactly did.
 Oh yeah that's right, I left. I just walked past her and left. I didn't make eye contact, I just said 'Yeah' and left. 
Eunhyuk started to walk slower, calming down. He gave a short laugh "Heh". What was I suppose to do? She didn't say hello or ask what my name was, she asked me something simple and I replied with a simple answer. Eunhyuk then thought about how she looked with her hair tied back. I could see her face properly this time. A slight fuzzy feeling hit his stomach. Hmm, I must me hungry. Yeah that's it, I'm hungry. As Eunhyuk tried to convince the fuzzy feeling was a craving for pizza and not butterflies, he approached his dorm door.
 
♥ ~
 
"Hello hyung, did you have fun?"
 
Eunhyuk, who expected to find his dorm empty, was surprised to open the door to his gamer dongsaeng and best friend. 
"Hey" Eunhyuk said "Yeah I had fun." No I didn't. 
 
"Did you dance well?"
 
"Yeah, I'm getting better and better at this dance routine" More like crapper and crapper.
 
"That's good hyung" 
 
Eunhyuk wondered why Kyuhyun was being so formal and friendly towards him,  normally he would say 'Hey Hyuk' or completely ignore him due to trying to beat his high score. He wasn't his casual, gamer self.
Eunhyuk turned to face Donghae, "Hey Hae, what brings you here?" Eunhyuk asked.
4 words he expected a girl would say to her boyfriend were heard.
 
"We need to talk" 
   
♥ ~   
 
Eunhyuk had been told to sit down by the youngers. Eunhyuk chucked his dance kit onto his bed and sat down on the ground across from Kyuhyun and Donghae. They sat for a moment, in silence.
"So did someone like die or something?" Eunhyuk asked impatiently. Donghae looked at Kyuhyun, nodding his head. Kyuhyun sighed and took a long breath.
 
"I'm sorry.."
 
"Eh? For what?" Eunhyuk asked, confused.
 
"For, teasing you...." Kyuhyun said "For making fun of you, calling you a and embarrassing you about your..sleep talk" 
Eunhyuk stretched his arm over to Kyuhyun and put his hand on his knee.  He comforted him.
 
"Kyu, it's okay, I'm not mad or upset at you.." Eunhyuk said "..I'd never thought I'd see the day when you apologise for teasing" 
They all chuckled. The laughter died and they went silent once more. Eunhyuk looked at the ground.
 
"Anyway, you have a right to tease..I'm being ridiculous" Eunhyuk confessed. He looked up, realising Donghae was there. He was being really quiet. Wait. Does that mean Donghae knows now? Knows about her? Donghae could see the sudden shock on Eunhyuk's face.
 
"Hyuk, I know you didn't want anyone to know but..we know now..and" Donghae said "we want to help." 
 
"Help? Help with what?" Eunhyuk asked, again confused.
 
"Help with..this girl..your..crush" 
 
"Didn't you guys just hear me? I said I was being ridiculous" 
 
"But your not.."
 
"But I don't know her name,  in fact I don't know much about her, she doesn't even know I exist.." Eunhyuk said, sinking his head onto his knees that were pulled up to his chest.
 
"But she will..soon enough"
Eunhyuk immediately sprung up. "What?" He asked "What exactly do you mean?" I must of heard them wrong, I must of..
 
"Your existence?" Donghae questioned.
 
"She'll be aware of it" Kyuhyun answered "Soon enough"
 
Eunhyuk stared at his dongsaengs faces for a pure dazed five minutes. He stood up, taking his dance bag off his bed and putting it down were he was sitting. He pulled back his duvet covers and climbed in, he then pulled the covers over his head.
 
"Hyung.." Kyuhyun said concerned "what exactly are you doing?"
 
"Pretending I never heard anything"
 
Donghae and Kyuhyun chuckled quietly at Eunhyuk for being such a child and stood up. They shook Eunhyuk. 
 
"Hyukkie, just listen to our plan" Donghae pleaded "It's a good plan" 
 
"A great plan" Kyuhyun added "There's also a Plan B" 
 
"And C.." Donghae added, but slowly realising what he had just said, Kyuhyun made a 'cut it out' sign. "..you know..if anything..goes..wrong.." Donghae gulped. Kyuhyun face palmed.
 
Eunhyuk didn't move and inch. He kept hidden, surrounded by the plain, white sheets. Donghae and Kyuhyun stood there by his bedside, staring. Waiting for a reply like 'It could go wrong?!' but instead were pleasantly surprised by a visible Eunhyuk, appearing from beneath the sheets.
 
"What kind of plan?"