02:Chase. [Younglo]

Ephemeral [Oneshot Collection]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Youngjae thought he was a sensible person; that’s why he never promised Junhong that they would someday meet again. But however; sensible didn’t mean selfless. When he cried for the last time, hands around they youngers’ broad shoulders; he never said no when Junhong filled his heart up with empty promises to someday see him again.

But it still hurt.

Because Youngjae was going, and never coming back.

Junhong, with his large black orbs and thin lips would stay behind as Youngjae would walk out the next dawn, out to somewhere his parents arranged him to. If he could; he would grab Junhongs hand and run away from the rest of the world; but no – he’s selfish enough already.

Instead, biting his lip  because these feelings weren’t accepted; leaving his tears to fall as they willed to – Youngjae lets Junhong hold him strong, muttering a billion promises that would never come true. But it felt nice, having Junhong next to him; no matter the darkness surrounding them. Youngjae was warm, loved and accepted.

He shouldn’t ask for more, should he?

So they kissed that night, to their hearts contents. ‘I need you, I need you, I need you… but it is time to say goodbye.’ Junhongs lips were plush, they were chaste against Youngjaes, reluctant yet stronger than gravity holding his weak legs in place. The trace of warmth on his cheeks, lips …. He never forgot.

It almost felt as if Junhong kissed him again; that Youngjae gasped, shoot opening his eyes.

 Caught in the moment for a second, the heart of his beating a mile a minute heaves down in a long exhale. If it was a nightmare or not; Youngjae cannot say. Because it’s been years, and Youngjae had shared kisses with others. To dream so selfishly of Junhongs thin lips – was it somehow not haunting him?

Promises; he never made. They would be empty words, Youngjae knew – as if fed with an empty

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter