Fire & Ice

One Shots

Fire & Ice, Mutant VIXX!AU, Jaehwan/OC, G, word count : 573

 

He was always burning hot and she could be at times as cold as ice but right now that might be the only thing that could save him.

 

It was happening again and more frequently too.

 

Hyuk had interrupted her reading, barely understandable because of his panic as he tried to explain that Jaehwan had lost control again and that she was the only one that they needed her help. Knowing that time was of the essence in this situation she teleported them to where the others were. Taekwoon and Wonshik were both trying to hold a screaming and thrashing Jaehwan against the ground. Unfortunately, his fire ability was making it too difficult to touch him for very long without burning themselves. The grass where he lay was already burned black.

 

They had already repeatedly doused him ice cold water in an effort to cool him down but now all it did was turn into steam immediately after making contact with his body. All the things that used to work at helping him were no longer having effect Jaehwan. He was literally burning up both on the inside and anything on the outside that was near him would be burned as well.

 

He's been getting worse.” Hakyeon informed her when they arrived, the worry and fear rolling off him as stared helplessly at his friend.

 

Hongbin had joined them looking just as helpless “he's going to die if we don't do something.”

 

I have an idea.” she replied and started walking towards them.

 

After allowing warming up her ability enough that she could approach the thrashing boy. Both Taekwoon and Wonshik relented to her and backed off though it was less of a choice or more that Jaehwan was becoming more and more unstable. For the girl though she was freezing to the touch enough that frostbite could easily be induced if she were to touch someone. Hoping that would be enough to literally cool him down she carefully approached him.

 

Although it was a bit uncomfortable to have an audience she focused more of her attention on Jaehwan. Kneeling down she leaned over his face sh could feel the heat's intensity threatening to overwhelm her just as much as it was doing to him. Taking a deep breath that she let out and they could see a puff of air as if she had been out in the cold. The moment she placed Jaehwan's sweating head on her lap he winced and moaned in pain. He shifted uncomfortably trying to break away from her but she kept her hands firmly placed on his shoulders, he had spent most of his energy thrashing about earlier and was too weak to get away anymore.

 

Slowly she brought his body temperature down allowing her ability to flow throughout his body in an effort to extinguish the fire inside and it appeared to be work. He had stopped thrashing and screaming the heat was now receding. Soothingly she ran her hands throughout his sweat soaked hair watching his face carefully as his eyes unscrunched up no longer in pain but still remain closed. His breathing began to even out as well and she bent down to kiss his forehead. Upon doing so his eyes fluttered open, unfocused as first but the moment he was able to focus on her face he smiled weakly.

 

Hey there beautiful.” he whispered and she laughed with relief.