Foot Volley

One Shots

Inspiration

 

 

 

 

 

“Isn't this cheating?” the girl asked.

 

Of the two other males that had joined her on the bench to watch the game only Suho responded to the question “not where we come from.”

 

Neri merely hummed as she sipped the hot coffee in her hands though she still wasn't sure if she believed him or not. She had opted out of joining the game and both Suho and Kris had joined her in sitting on the sidelines to just watch the others play. The group had split up into two groups of five, EXO M against EXO K.

 

The game they had wanted to play seemed, to her, to be a mix between volleyball and football. There was a net separating the group as they kicked the ball back and forth trying to score goals. Suho had volunteered to be the scorekeeper.

 

Only this game had a minor difference and by minor she really meant huge to anyone that hadn't already seen what they could do. She watched as they started to play the game regularly just using their feet to kick it over the net, back and forth. As the game progressed they began to slyly use their abilities in order to score points.

 

Tao had snapped his fingers and the other side was suddenly unable to move, frozen in time, thus allowing Xiumin to score a point before they were unfrozen. The other team groaned at the power use but otherwise kept playing. Sehun being the next one to use his power to score. Creating a burst of air to give the ball better speed as he kicked it over the net bypassing the other side.

 

“Yeeeaahhh...I'm pretty sure this would be considered cheating.” Neri murmured.

 

“Maybe here but this is how we play most games.” Suho said with a laugh.

 

Despite the oddity of how the game was being played she soon became engrossed in watching the back and forth between the two teams. She watched as Xiumin surrounded the ball with ice crystals and kicked the ball over the net. Sehun made the mistake of trying to kick it back and was left with a very frozen leg when he tried. His teammates laughing at his mistake as Chanyeol defrosted him.

 

“This seems a little dangerous.”

 

Though she was watching the whole group play she had kept most of her attention on particular player, Chen. He was high-fiving Xiumin's little trick with a huge grin and laughing.

 

“We have a lot of control over our abilities that we know how to not get out of hand. Though they sometimes do get a little too into it. Usually no one gets seriously hurt.” Just as Suho said that Chanyeol sent a flaming ball over the net that nearly set poor Luhan on fire.

 

Neri quirked a brow skeptically staring back at Suho. He gave a sheepish smile and chuckled nervously “well I did say usually.”

 

As the game progressed one side would pull ahead every now and then but for the most part they seemed to be evenly matched throughout most of it. They had decided earlier to play till one team gets to thirty. Despite using their powers to cheat they were tied yet again with both sides holding a score of twenty points.

 

She watched as they played back and forth without using any tricks until Chen saw that his side was losing. He smirked as he kicked the ball over the net and snapped his fingers when anyone from the other side tried to get to the ball. Lightening strikes stopping them from interfering with his scoring a goal for his side.

 

She couldn't resist the urge to as she shouted out to him with a grin “that's cheating!”

 

Suho glanced her way and saw that Kris had done the same but seemed to care a little more that she seemed to becoming closer to Chen the most. While Suho didn't want to interfere with whatever relationship they may have unless necessary Kris didn't seem to want even a friendly one going on between let alone anything more if his narrowed glance was anything to go by. Either Neri didn't see Kris side eying her or she just didn't care as the two continued their friendly banter.

 

If you're so good why don't you join us?” Chen called back.

 

No thanks! I'm perfectly fine with not being set on fire!”

 

Chanyeol let out an affronted “hey!” attempting to defend himself by trying to say Chen was worse then him.

 

Stop flirting and play the game” Kai whined.

 

If you wanna play so bad why don't you just play by yourself.” Chen retorted, grinning as the other actually seemed to consider the suggestion.

 

Maybe I will.”

 

The teleporter took the ball from Kyungsoo, dismissing the glare the other sent his way, and kicked it over the net. He snapped his fingers and disappeared in a cloud of smoke only to reappear seconds later on the other side just in time to kick the ball over the net again. This solo game went on until the score was tied at twenty-five. Suho had still kept score even though Kai was the only one playing.

 

Soon enough though it seemed Kyungsoo was getting annoyed with Kai's antics. He lifted is foot up and brought it back down hard enough send a small shock wave throughout the ground that shook everyone else up but knocked Kai on his as it was more directed at him. He let out a groan as the ball came down to whack him on the head. The teleporter rubbed at his head and glared at the geokinetic.

 

While the two had been having a lover's quarrel, as Chen had put it, he had walked over to join her on the bench. He had more or less forced Kris to take his place on M's side when they finally did begin playing again. Smirking at her as he stole a sip from her coffee and he received a glare in return from the girl in return.

 

Neri stuck her tongue out at him “get your own!”

 

But I like stealing yours more.”

 

Steal his instead!” she said pointing to Suho sitting on her other side.

He immediately shied away holding his coffee to his chest, an appalled look on his face “don't even think about it! This one's always mooching food and drink from us.”

 

I do not!” Chen began to argue.

 

More shouting from the others drew her attention away from being stuck in the middle of a bickering Chen and Suho. She watched as Baekhyun blinded just about everyone to kick the ball over the net to score the winning goal. Suho had stopped paying attention to argue with Chen so she had kept tabs on the score while they argued like an old married couple.

 

Just in case you were wondering K just won.” she interrupted.

 

After the game was over both Tao and Sehun began whining about the cold while Xiumin teased them saying it wasn't that bad. Though he was kind of biased considering his cryokinesis made him able to adapt to the cold easier then the others which Chen pointed out as they rejoined the group.

 

Let's go back to Neri's house for food and warmth!” Chen said ignoring the pointed look Kris sent his way.

 

Shouldn't we ask her if it's alright first?” Suho asked.

 

Neri shook her head with a smile “no it's alright! I'll make us something warm to eat when we get back.”

 

Chen wrapped an arm around her waist drawing her in against him mostly as a way to share warmth between them as they walked back. Though she wasn't going to complain about the closeness taking any excuse she could use to stay near him. Not minding one bit at how his arm tightened just a little bit more in a protective sort of way. It almost made her forget what they were and why they were there in the first place, like they were all just a bunch of normal people. Almost.