Black Pearl

One Shots

Mutant Powers AU, Jaehwan/OC, brief appearance from Kai, pg, word count: 441

 

She'd come to be known as their black pearl probably a combination of being the only girl in their large group of guys and being Kai's twin sister as well as her unique ability to pretty much act as a black hole for other abilities. Her rare absorption power, the ability to copy another person's power should they use it on her, combined together with already being able to teleport like her brother made her a rare pearl to them knowing that others would want to use her for their own personal gain.

 

That's what had drawn Jaehwan to her in the beginning.

 

He first saw her out in the field, Kai was with her as well, they were playing a game of tag only instead of running around trying to tag each other they were teleporting to different areas. Although he didn't have that ability Jaehwan still wanted to join them but feared rejection so instead he watched from behind a tree with a smile. She had managed to catch up to her brother finally and tackled him to the ground when teleporting.

 

Jaehwan gave a quiet chuckle at Kai's undignified shout and heard the satisfying thud sound as he fell on his back.

 

“I win.” she smirked down at Kai.

 

“Yeah, yeah. Now get off before I teleport away and let you face plant.” he replied, with a grumpy face and all.

 

“Fine.” and she teleported away and right behind Jaehwan.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

At first he didn't or maybe couldn't do anything. Too shocked that she seemed to have known that he was there. He rubbed the back of his head awkwardly, smiling nervously “I...uh...just wanted to...see you...”
 

“That's sounds creepy.”

 

“No I didn't mean to make it sound like that! I just...wanted to join you guys cause it seemed like fun...” he looked down at his feet, kicking at a small pebble next to his foot “but I don't have that ability.”

 

Her hard stare made Jaehwan feel like he was as small as that pebble but then her features began to soften a bit and she looked as if she was going to say something before Kai showed up in between them. He shoved Jaehwan against the tree with a glare “stay the away from my sister.”

 

He grabbed her hand before anything else could be said or done and teleported the both of them away. Jaehwan was left feeling even smaller and alone compared to the vastness of the field around him.

 

Still he wanted to see the girl as rare as a black pearl again.