27 Not Everything's Easy

The Perfect Bride (Rewriting)

Chapter Twenty-Seven

~Not Everything's Easy~

    Luhan put the towel in the bowl of water and wrang it out. Yoomi was still sitting up. He lightly dabbed the towel on her forehead. It was quiet the whole time. Yoomi’s gaze was still on her hands. She was trying to sort out her thoughts. Luhan was focused on cooling down Yoomi’s fever. His gaze traveled to her lips. An image of the both of them kissing at the park came back into his mind. He blink multiple times as he blushed. He heart began beating faster and faster. He looked back up at Yoomi, who was now looking at him.

 

    “Are you sure that you  don’t have a fever?” Yoomi asked, looking at his red cheeks.

 

    Luhan shook his head.

 

    “I-I’m fine,” he stuttered.

 

    The door opened and the doctor walked into the room. He walked to Yoomi’s bedside and  greeted the both of them. He took Yoomi’s temperature and gave her some medicine and left after telling her that she must rest this time. When the doctor left, it was quiet again. Yoomi was looking at her hands while Luhan was looking at his.

 

    “Umm, so...are you hungry?” Luhan asked.

 

    “No.”

 

    The awkward silence continued.

 

    They were just sitting there, staring at their hands. Luhan finally sighed and stood up. Yoomi looked up at him. Luhan looked down at Yoomi’s big innocent eyes. His heart skipped a beat as he tried to keep his composure.

 

    “I-I’ll go ask the maids to m-make some p-porridge,” Luhan stuttered as he pointed to the door.

 

    He tried turning around to walk out of her room, but he stumbled on his foot and almost fell onto the ground. He caught his self with a chair nearby. Yoomi’s eyes widened as she tried to reach out to him. She grabbed onto the sleeve on his sweater tight, not wanting him to fall.

 

    “A-are you okay?” Yoomi asked.

 

    Luhan’s heart was racing like crazy. He looked down at Yoomi’s hand that was clutching onto his sweater. He blinked several times as he stared at her hand. Yoomi looked at Luhan. Her eyes widened as she let him go.

 

    “S-sorry,” she said quietly.

 

    Luhan snapped out of his own little world and stood up.

 

    “I-it’s fine, really,” Luhan said as he rubbed the back of his neck. “I-I’ll get going then,” Luhan said.   

 

    Yoomi nodded.

 

    Luhan walked out of her room, closing the door behind him. Right when he closed the door, he let out a long sighed. He put his hand over his racing heart, trying to calm it down. He let out a little laugh, thinking about how silly he was being around her. He shook his head as he made his way towards the kitchen.

 

    Yoomi watched Luhan leave her room. She sighed when he closed the door. She laid down onto her bed and stared at the ceiling.

 

    That was awkward. It’s all my fault. I don’t...I don’t know how to love him.

 

 

   

    Yoomi threw the covers over her head.

 

    Why is love so complicated?!

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   

    Luhan came back with a tray of food. Yoomi was still looking at the ceiling, trying to sort out her thoughts. Luhan smiled when she didn’t notice his entrance. He set the tray on her desk and sat on the chair near her bed.

 

    “Yoomi,” Luhan said quietly.

 

    Yoomi looked to her side.

 

    Oh? When did he come in?

 

    Yoomi sat up. Luhan helped her prop up on her bed. He grabbed a pillow and set behind Yoomi’s back, so that she could sit comfortably. Yoomi smiled to him as to say: Thank you.

 

    Luhan smiled back and stood up to grabbed the tray of food. Luhan sat the tray over Yoomi’s legs and gave her a spoon. Yoomi looked at the spoon in his hands.

 

    It’s simple gestures like this that makes me feel nervous around you, Yoomi thought.

 

Yoomi let out a little sigh. Luhan looked at Yoomi with his head tilted to the side like a little puppy.

 

"Are you okay?" he asked.

 

    Yoomi looked at him, then looked down at the spoon in his hands. Yoomi took the spoon and began eating her porridge. The hot food made her warm. Luhan watched her slowly eat her food. He smiled in content and stood up.

 

    “I got some work to do. I’ll be back after work. When you’re finished just call Jason, and he’ll take your tray,” Luhan said.

 

    Yoomi nodded. Luhan smiled and walked out of her room, leaving her alone. Yoomi finished eating. She sighed and looked at the time. It was almost two in the afternoon. She moved the tray away from her legs and sat on the edge of the bed. She put on her slippers and picked up the tray. She began walking out of her room. When she opened her door, Jason was standing in front of her.

 

    “I can take it from here, Miss,” he said.

 

    Yoomi pouted.

 

    “I would like to know where the kitchen is,” Yoomi said.

 

    Jason smiled and nodded.

 

    “Of course Miss,” Jason said as he reached out to the tray in her hands.

 

    Yoomi pulled back before he could take it from her.

 

    “It’s fine, I’ll carry it,” Yoomi said.

 

    “But, you are ill, my Miss,” Jason said.

 

    “What do you call Luhan?” Yoomi asked.

 

    “Luhan,” Jason simply stated.

 

    “Then why do you not call me Yoomi?” she asked.

 

    Jason didn’t say anything.

 

    “Is it because you’re not as comfortable with me?” Yoomi asked.

 

    Jason looked down.

 

    “I am sorry, Miss.”

 

    “You did threaten me,” Yoomi said while having her thinking face on.

 

    Jason’s head dropped lower in shame.

 

    “I am sorry, Miss,” he said again.

 

    Yoomi smiled.

 

    “I’m just kidding,” she said.

 

    Jason looked at her surprised.

 

    “M-Miss.”

 

    “Yoomi.”

 

    “Yoomi-shi.”

 

    Yoomi quietly sighed.

 

    “Yoo. Mi.”

 

    “Yoo. Mi,” Jason repeated.

 

    Yoomi giggle quietly.

 

    “That’s a start.”

 

    Jason smiled back and took the tray from her hands.

 

    “I will only show you around if you let me carry the tray,” he said.

 

    Yoomi pouted as he took the tray from her hands.

 

    “Fine.”

 

    They both made their way through the mansion towards the kitchen. Yoomi looked around, wondering why it was so empty and quiet.

 

    “The maids are out grocery shopping, the butlers have driven some of the young masters to their work.  Some of the young masters drive to work,” Jason said.

 

    Yoomi nodded understanding.

 

    “What about you?” Yoomi quietly asked.

 

    “Madam has ordered me to watch over you for the time being.”

 

    “Why, because I might run away?” Yoomi asked.

 

    Jason stopped walking and turned around the look at Yoomi.

 

    “Because she is afraid to leave you alone.”

 

    Yoomi looked up at him in the eyes. She seemed to be no longer imitated by his stares. She actually felt warmth from them.

 

    “But, I’ve been alone my entire life,” Yoomi said.

 

    “You’ve been alone because you’ve never accepted anyone’s help or love. Luhan is trying to give his love to you. This is your chance of never being lonely again. Accept his love for you, and you will forever be happy, young miss.”

 

    Yoomi balled her hands up into fist.

 

    It was partially the truth, Yoomi didn’t  accept anyone’s help or love because what she had been trying to do was received her parents love. But, long ago, when Yoomi did accept someone’s help, it showed her that trust, love, and happiness was hard to have in this world.

 

Chapter Twenty-Seven



Author's Note:

Sorry for the late update, I just came back from a two day trip.