22 Running Away?

The Perfect Bride (Rewriting)

Chapter Twenty-Two

~Running Away?~

 

Yoomi ran forward. She regretted not knowing her way around the neighborhood. She wasn't running back to the Lu Mansion, she just ran to wherever her feet took her and before she knew it she was in the oldest part of the city, that didn't have much people. Yoomi mentally scolded herself for not paying attention to her surroundings. She looked behind her, scared that the man might've caught up with her. Looking back was the wrong move. She tripped on the badly-made sidewalk and skinned her knee. Her grip on her phone tightened as she didn't want to lose it. The man was just feet from her. He caught up with her tried picking her up. She kicked him in the shin and got up. The man grabbed her arm and turned her around. He bent her over and kicked his knee into her stomach. Yoomi grunted in pain and dug her nails into the man's arm. He screamed and threw her onto the sidewalk, making her hit her head on the curve. Yoomi's vision began to blur because of the tears swelling up in her eyes.

 

 

   

"I was thinking about kidnapping you," the man laughed, "but you make me want to kill you!" he yelled.

 

Yoomi looked around, desperate to get away from the man. She forced herself to stand, but the pain in her stomach was too much. Blood trickled down the side of her head. Her knees weren't helping her either. She heard the man yell and she looked back. He was holding a plank of wood that he had found nearby. He raised it high above his head with anger written on his face. Yoomi felt all the air leave her body as she fell unconscious on the ground before the man could make his next move.

 

So, this is how I would go. I guess I will never have the perfect life. Even the way I die isn't peaceful.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Suho drove to the college's parking lot. He didn't see Yoomi anywhere in sight, but what he saw confused him. He saw Yoomi's backpack on the bench. He got out of his car and walked to the bench. He picked up her backpack and looked around the parking lot.

 

"Yoomi! Yoomi where are you?!" he yelled.

 

Suho sighed. He smiled and pulled out his phone.

 

Good thing we put a GPS in her phone.

 

Suho found her location.

 

Why is she there? he thought.

 

He ran to his car and began driving towards her.

 

I-is she trying to run away?

 

Suho sped up, hoping it wasn't what he was thinking.

 

 

   

When he got to his destination he saw what seemed to be a man holding up a plank of wood high over his head. It looked like he was about to hit the girl whom lay unconscious on the ground. Suho's eyes widened. He grabbed his phone and ran towards them as he dialed 119. He told them the emergency and ran to the man. Suho grabbed the wood out of the man's hands and kicked his knee so that the man would knee down. The man tried to turn back to see who it was, ruining his plan, but Suho was faster. Suho pushed the man to the ground and pulled the man's arm behind his back. The man shouted in pain. Suho looked forward to the girl. His eyes widened.

 

Yoomi?!

 

Suho took his tie off and tied the man's arms and legs together so he wouldn't get away. Suho ran up to Yoomi and picked up her body. He saw the blood on her head. He began to panic. He shook her gently.

 

"Yoomi, Yoomi! Wake up! Yoomi!"

 

Soon ambulances were heard. Yoomi was taken away by one of them. The man who had tried to kill Yoomi was taken away to jail form the time being. Suho talked to the police and detectives telling him what he saw and how he ended up there. Suho quickly ran to his car and drove to the hospital as he called Luhan. The phone rang three times.

 

"Come on Luhan. Pick up. Pick up. Pick up!" Suho yelled.

 

Finally on the fourth ring Luhan picked up.

 

"What?" he voice sounded bored on the other end.

 

"Yoomi's hurt! I'm on the way to the hospital! It's Seoul University Hospital! Hurry!" Suho yelled.

 

Suho didn’t explain any further as he hung up the phone to concentrate on his driving.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

    Luhan was sitting at his desk, looking at the text that he had just sent.

 

Read.

 

    Is what it said next to the message he sent her. Suddenly the three dots, indicating that she was typing back, appeared. Luhan sat high up in his seat holding his phone with wide eyes.

 

    What is she going to say? Luhan thought.

 

    He waited and waited, then the three periods disappeared. Luhan slumped down into his seat and threw his phone away from him. He face planted onto his desk and stared into space.

 

    I miss her.

 

    Luhan had no reason to stay late at work today. He had finished all of his paperwork, but he decided to stay back. He knew that Yoomi wouldn’t want to go home with him, especially since she left earlier that morning. Luhan closed his eyes and before he knew it, he fell asleep.

 

    Moments later he heard the ringing of his phone. He didn’t want to pick it up. He sighed and forced his self to get up. He picked up his phone and looked at the caller id:

 

   Joonmyun

 

    Luhan sighed and answered the call.

 

    “What?” Luhan asked.

 

    "Yoomi's hurt! I'm on the way to the hospital! It's Seoul University Hospital! Hurry!" Suho yelled.

 

    Luhan’s eyes shot open wide. Before Luhan could ask any questions Suho hung up.

 

    Luhan stood there for a few seconds, shocked. When he finally came to his senses he grabbed his car keys and ran to the car. He began driving to the hospital. His heartbeat was beating irregularly. He was scarred and panicking.

 

    “Yoomi’s hurt!”

 

    Those words were ringing in his ears.

 

    Yoomi, please be okay.

 

    Suddenly tears began to stream down his cheeks.

 

    Please, don’t take my happiness away.

 

 

Chapter Twenty-Two