As Good As it Gets

Forever

The alarm ringing and Jihyun opened her eyes , turned off the alarm , she rubbing her eyes and looking at her phone. “5 a.m ....” she muttered and then looking at her husband beside her who still sleeping soundlessly. She smiled before releasing his arms from her body , she give him a light kiss on his cheek before walking to the bathroom. Myungsoo whinned in his sleep but then back to sleep again.

They always wake up in early morning so they can have a proper breakfast before go to the hospital and stay there until lat night. Being doctors aren’t that easy , especially if there’s a patient that they must keep their eye on. Emergency call can wake them up anytime , and if it’s come they must go to the hospital as soon as possible.

Jihyun finished showering and walking out from the bathrooom with already use her outfits for work, looking at Myungsoo who cutely curling on the bed. “Jagiya .... Oppa .... Wake up” she shooking his body but being a sleepyhead he is , it doesn’t seems to change anything or have any effects to him. Jihyun chuckled and take a sit beside him before tickling his side and he scream , “Ahh !! Ahh !! Arrasseo !! Hahaha .... Arrasseo ...” he finally wake up and laughing. “Hurry up , go take a shower. I’ll make a breakfast for you” Jihyun said and he just nods cutely while yawning and rubbing his eyes , “What do you want to eat now ?” she asked him as he make his way to sleep on her lap. “Hmm .... English ... English breakfast” he said and she laughs , “Arrasseo ... Now get off me and take a shower , we’re going to be late” she said and lazily he get off from her lap but then hug her and kiss her cheek before running to the bathroom.

Jihyun just laughs as she make her way to downstairs , she go to the kitchen and start to preparing their breakfasts.

---

Myungsoo walking to downstairs and already suit up for work , he saw Jihyun in the kitchen before hugging her from behind. “Morning” he whispered and she greet him back while washing her hands , “Woahh .... My wife is the best” he said soon as he see the foods on the table. “Come on , let’s eat now. We can be late , oppa” she said , “Late ? It’s still 6 though ...” he said while looking at his watch. “Aigoo , just hurry up eat” she said and they eat the breakfast.

“See you later ?” he asked and she nods , “Of course ...” she smiled. Before entering his own car , Myungsoo kiss her forehead “Love you” she giggled before entering her car too.

---

While walking to the nurses office or reseptionist at 6th floor , Jihyun got a call. “Yes , this is Lee Jihyun” she answered , “Ah , seonsaengnim , this is from the NICU. Could you please come here ? There’s a baby with CHD (Con heart Defect) in NICU , Dr.Kwon the pediatric cardiologist is not here” said the voice in the other line. “Ah , ne , algesseumndia. I’m going there now” Jihyun said and ended the call and then walking to the NICU on 5th floor.

“For now , let’s see how it will grow. It’s not that wrose , but let’s wait for Dr.Kwon to come too. Because it’s not my teritory or my spciality , I can’t do anything except prescribed diuretics for now” Jihyun said , “Kamsa hamnida sonesaengnim” the neonatalogist and nurses said to her.

Jihyun turned back and see some nurses are feeding the babies , “Aren’t they cut , doc ?” a nurse asked her and she nods. “They are cute ...” she said before walking out from the NICU , on her way , she saw some mothers who watching their babies that still in the incubator. Jihyun likes to see babies sleeping , she smiled. “Neomu gwiyeo ....” she said while looking at the babies , after standing there for a while she went back to her office.

---

Myungsoo is sitting alone in his office , he remembered what Sungyeol said to him earlier.

“Yah ... No matter how busy you two , you must try it ... Don’t be offended , but you both need a child now ... Trust me , if you’re not the one who make the move , you never know. She can take the maternity leave”

He sighed. He know what afraid Jihyun the most , her job.

“Our hospital law is amazinly nice for pregnant woman .... Remember how Hajin take her maternity leave and get back to work as a pediatrics again ? She’s going to be okay , Myung”

Sungyeol’s words echoed in his mind. “Ahh , why is it so hard ?” he murmured and try to conitnue his work again.

---

Jihyun is looking at some medical reports about her patients , suddenly she remembered what Hajin (Sungyeol’s wife who is also Jihyun’s friend) said to her.

“Yah , you’ve got a high position in this hospital. You know I’m the pediatrics chief , I regained my position back though I took my maternity leave .. Remember , you’re 27 now”

“Ahh ... I’m going crazy ....” Jihyun sighed hard.

---

6 p.m.

Most of the doctors who ended their shift went home to exchanged with the other doctors. “Grab as goos as it gets , Myung” Sungyol patting his shoulders ad the latter hit him slightly , “Yah , Lee Sungyeol” he said and the ‘suspect’ laughing while entering his car. Myungsoo also entering his car and start the engine before leave the hospital’s basement.

---

Jihyun is watching TV in the living room while waiting for Myungsoo so they can eat the dinner together , suddenly she heard that the door is opened and she know who did it. “Hey baby ....” Myungsoo take off his coat and she smiled , “Hungry , right ?” she asked and he nods. “Kajja ... Looks like you cooked something delicious” both of them walking to the dinning room together.

---

“Yeobo-yah ...” Myungsoo said from the bathroom , “Mwo ?” Jihyun asked him while keep staring at the TV in their bedroom. “Can you give me towel ? I’m freeze to death ...” Myungsoo said and Jihyun just laughs as she give it to him.

Get back to the bed , she watching a drama that she usually watch. Myungsoo get out from the bathroom , “Yahh ... Kim Myungsoo , use your shirt” Jihyun said and the latter just laughs. “Sirheo ....” he folding his arms and just standing there , Jihyun looking at him. “Wae ?” she tilted her head in confussion , “Because ... I want it now” he smirked and before she could even say anything he attack her lips.

And the night goes by .....

---

a.n : Updated ^^ Pleaseee comments T__T I'm going to cry ..... Anyway , since I can't write and I don't write those .... Miann , I can't write that hahaha .... just imagine it by yourself (lol) enjoy~^^ <3