Laser Tag | Sohyun Hyunah

4MINUTE Drabbles and One Shots

So here's another Kwonsso fic featuring Jeon Jungkook, because I ship these two maknaes. Jihyun is coming up but it's still hanging, for Jiyoon and Gayoon I still haven't found suitable topics fitting these two yet, also because I can't write in their perspective, I was used to writing in Hyuna's but I'm trying. 

 

 

Sohyun was just home from her part time job as a fitness instructor, all lethargic and thirsty when she got a message from Hyunah, saying that she got them an invitation to a laser tag party, it was hosted by Jiho and his girlfriend, Seolhyun.

 

But you don't even know how to play laser tag, Hyun

 

Nope, but that's why I got you as a best friend ;)

 

 

She groaned.

 

Oh, come on! I know you like these kind of things.

 

It's been so long since we hang out together

 

You said that each time you drag me out

Sides, we watch that boring movie just two days ago

 

Hey! Fantastic beasts is a decent movie.

"Sides" that was two days ago. I'm asking you today

 

But I'm not in the mood to socialize, unnie

 

Don't you unnie me, come play a little.

Who knows you can meet someone tonight

Stop pitying yourself over that useless guy and come.

Alright gtg now, Kwonsso.

See you there, oh and wear something dark, alright?

 

She was about to reply something bordering between declining her offer, but at the same time, she also thought that a nice night out maybe just what she needs to finally get over him. Moreover, Hyunah wouldn't let her live it down if she refused to come, she can be a tad bit persistent if she wanted to, it was a fresh breather than it usually is. She wouldn't admit it if confronted, but she really likes babying people, especially those close to her, and she knew Hyunah since highschool. Babying that girl has become her second nature, so it felt kind of weird when she was the one looking out for her.

 

 

She was tying her hair when her phone rang, it was Hyunah, telling her to come down, she was already below her apartment building. She rushed to grab one of her caps and a sling bag before a quick jog to the elevator. Reaching the parking lot, she craned her neck for Hyunah's yellow convertible, but it was nowhere to be found until a honking sound made her jump. It came from a black sedan, the window's rolling down to reveal Hyunah and her grin, not in the driver's seat.

 

"Kwonsso, come on"

She got into the car, surprised to find Jiho behind the wheel, and Seolhyun right next to him.

"Hi kwonsso"

She gave him a kiss on the cheek as a greet, small wave at Seolhyun, who smiled at her as if she was a cookie.

"But I thought you were the one throwing the party, oppa"

"That's what I said when he showed up, honking in front of my house, towing poor Seol with him"

Hyunah spoke, barely away from texting on her phone.

"Learn to relax, will you Hyunah? And kwonsso dear, it is only custom that the host of a party showed up later than the crowd he invites"

"You mean that custom only applies to you?"

"Shut up, Hyunah"

"You shut up"

"Don't make me uninvite you"

"I don't think you've invited me at all. It was Seol who told me to come"

"Only because I told her to"

"No, oppa. You begged me to invite Hyunah because then she'll drag kwonsso too, and both of them are magnet for crowds"

Seolhyun interjected the argument with a poker face.

"Ohhohoho, what do we have here? Someone actually missed hanging out with us, Sohyun"

Sohyun could only giggle at her friends' antics.

 

...

 

It was dark, it was crowded, full with people he don't know rather than the ones he do know, but that can't even beat the excitement running through his veins right about now. He looked around to see people geared up to enter the arena. Some are checking their vests, some are recharging their weapons, some like Hoseok on his right were fumbling around both, looking miserable. They were searching for something fun to do for the weekend, he and Taehyung suggested paintball but Hoseok refused to come along because he did not like the sound they make when the 'pain bullets' as he called them goes off, plus it hurts when they came into contact with his body. Later, when Taehyung was surfing around the net, he found out about a laser tag party which was quite like paintball minus the sound and the pain. So here they are, Hoseok in tow.

 

Suddenly, the sound of a hailer boomed through the crowded space, and a man with short blond hair emerged, a skull hard mask covering half of his face. Beside him was a tall woman in ponytail wearing a simple cat's whiskers decorated mask.

"Hello friends, and soon to be friends. I'm Zico, this is my girl, Seol and we're the host of tonight's party. Now there are a few rules to set out before you enter the arena. Ooh, kind of a hunger games feels, right"

Laughter erupted the whole space.

"Now, now, settle down, settle down. First, this place where you're standing right now, is the main base. The ones who are tagged out or needed to recharge their weapon, your place to gather is here. These people cannot be attacked at all cost, and required to raise their weapon along the way to exit the arena. Second, this game will be a free-for-all. No teams will be assigned to you. No definite rules whatsoever. However, it is entirely up to you to stay as individual or form truces with other player, whichever's convenient for you. Those who form truce also are not required to remain until the end. No violence is allowed. Third, good luck"

 

The sirens blared, and the countdown started. As the number's approaching, he performed last check on his gears and weapon.

"The game starts now. The players are required to proceed into the gates to enter the arena. Good luck, players"

He rushed through the flood of crowd, Taehyung and Hoseok close behind, knowing to search for a good place to hide. In less than 5 minutes, sounds of people being tagged out beginning to fill the arena. He ran to take cover, the three of them found a spot higher from the floor, safe from the lasers. A strategy they've been talking about since before they got here.

"Ready?"

"Whenever you are"

"Hell yeah!"

 

 

They formed a formation which made each of them covered each other's back and began pointing their weapons below where people are still scattered about, chaos in every corner. He smirked. This should be easy. And one by one, people are being tagged out by them. Satisfaction clearly written all over his face seeing the ones they tagged got all confused and everything not expecting the attack. He was so sure they would win the game as the number of people circulating the arena reduced rapidly as announced just few seconds ago. Coming here was the best decision ever made by him. Until Hoseok's laser target on his vest went out.

'. Did someone found us?'

 

He bid farewell to his comrade who looked quite relieved being out of the game, finally. He looked around, for signs of other players near them both, trying to catch the slightest of movement. He caught one just below them, and when he was bending down to get a clear target, successfully aiming at the person's vest, tagging him out, Taehyung was tagged out too.

"Damn it!" He heard him curse.

Jungkook quickly searched for cover at a new place since his spot doesn't guarantee his safety anymore and he was more alert than ever. He spotted the cat woman earlier and shot her down, smirking victoriously, as he was sure she was the last one. Until he heard another shot far on his right. The hailer went off again.

"Guys, thanks to someone's betrayal, the game has taken an interesting twist. There are currently only two players in the arena right now, who's gonna win the game? Stay glued to the screen guys. And don't forget to enjoy some refreshment at the main base"

 

 

Sohyun just rolled her eyes, hearing Jiho's voice across the arena. She was currently recharging her weapon, while still on the lookout for that damn last player. She wondered just who that is, it can't be her circle of friends, the one who was more than average decent in laser tag was taken out just a while ago by her, thinking that he was the last remaining player that stood between her victory. Her battery was 3/4 full when she detected motion just a few metres in front of her. Readjusting her mask, she took her weapon, staying close to the wall to remain invisible to the person who currently on the hunt too. She waited until she was closer to the prey before she strike on the person's weak point.

 

Unknown to her, the person already anticipated her attack and with ease, used her own body to tackle her down, unhanding her of her weapon, she glared when she heard a mocking chuckle as he targetted her vest while she on the ground and quickly grab his weapon arm using her long legs, twisting them so that his weapon was also dropped, cannot help the laugh coming out from as he too, was on the ground. Years of karate training finally being put to use. A frustrated groan came from him.

'Oh, if I'm going down, you're coming with me, mister'

 

...

 

Watching the show the two put on, the audiences outside the arena were holding their breaths as the two fought for victory. Even the players from the nearby arena all flocked in to watch the show. Hyunah smirked, satisfied with her friend's performance as she watched the two from the screen, even holding a can of chilled coke.

"As expected from Kwonsso, just beat that guy's and come out already"

She whined as the chocolates rapidly being shoved into , so engrossed in the fight. Seolhyun and Zico had disappeared, entertaining the guests or probably making out somewhere leaving her to herself after being tagged out somewhere in the middle of her tagging behind Sohyun.

"Don't be so confident. Perhaps your friend's is getting kicked tonight"

The words came from a brown haired guy, looking like he was cut out from an anime casually sipping his drink before he raised his glass in her direction and smirked, annoying Hyunah who was trying to concentrate on cheering for Sohyun.

"Whatever you say, brownie. My friend's gonna win this and I know she will"

It was Hyunah's turn to raise her coke can at him, grinning as she continued pigging on chocolate, her eyes never leaving the screen.

"Oh yeah? Wanna bet blondie?"

"Pshh, no. That's cliche"

"Oh, you're just scared that I'm gonna win it"

He made chicken sounds at her.

"Shut up and just watch, will you?"

She spat and once again trying to face the screen before he caught her attention again by turning her chin towards him only using his finger. When did he got closer? His arrogance radiating all over him, it didn't help when his sharp features fueled it more. Typical boy.

"Then, stop playing hard to get before I kick your cute and just join the bet, will you?"

But Hyunah wasn't the type to easily bow down to mere arrogance. She continued to stare defyingly at him, mocking.

"And what are you going to bet exactly?"

"Your time. A week of your time"

"And if I win?"

"I'm gonna win anyway"

She chuckled. Her gaze flickered from the two people on the screen and back to the brownie.

"Hah. I demand a full cooperation on a favor if the bet sides with me. Call?"

"Call"

 

...

 

Their attentions were back at the screen where the two had recovered their reflexes after being thrown to the ground by each other and quickly scrambled to grab weapon nearest to them before taking their stance and aimed at each other at the same time. None of them was going to back off, their pride wouldn't let them do that. A second lingered in silence before the sound of their laser target went off filling the arena.

"And the winner is, Sso and JeonJung. It seemed that both of their laser targets went off at the same time"

Both of them shake hands, bowing at each other before removing their disguise. Mask removed, all of their aggressiveness in the arena earlier seemed to be blown away as shyness crept between those two.

"Nice game, Sso? Jungkook"

He smiled at her, rubbing the back of his neck when she does the same.

"It's Sohyun, thanks. The same goes to you. It's actually nice to have a good rival in the game sometimes"

She looked at her wristwatch and cursed internally. It's late and she got work that morning. Looking apologetic, she excused herself from him before turning around to find Hyunah. And just like a drama, she was pulled back in facing the tall guy by a firm grip on her arm.

"Just so you know, this isn't over. I'm looking forward to the next game"

He grinned boyishly, making her smirked in reply.

"You bet. I'm so gonna kick your next time"

"Till then"

"Till then"

 

...

 

Watching the whole scene unfold, the blonde girl crossed her legs, still sipping on her coke while brownie right beside her was munching on strawberries.

"Looks like we both won the bet"

"Seems like it"

"What to do? You're gonna be seeing me for the whole week"

He said in a fake sympathic tone, which she found was not difficult to shrug off.

"Fine by me, I was gonna use the favor for the week anyway. If you're thinking the same thing I was thinking"

He gave her a look at the same time she glanced at him questioningly.

"Kim Taehyung, you must have heard the name"

She snorted.

"Kim Hyunah. No, I haven't heard the name before"

He snickered.

"So can we make out now?"

"Pshh, no"

She said, grabbing her clutch before leaning into him unexpectedly, her lips touched his in a kiss so brief but lingered on long after she walked out of the arena with him following close behind.

To come here maybe his best idea yet.

 

 

 

Do you think the universe fights for souls to be together?

-random google