Drug | Hyunah

4MINUTE Drabbles and One Shots

 

 

Woken up by the overwhelming warmth, she sat by the white bed she unconsciously occupied earlier. Staring at the window, she looked down at the city and saw almost everything she loved about it, the lights, the never ending traffic, most of all, the people. Some may question her fondness of the fast pace that is the city life, but then she grew up spending most of her life right here, so what could be more appealing to her rather being where she already are? Already accustomed to it in real life, she almost had no problem getting used to the ever fast changing world, the entertainment world.

 

Yes, she is indeed an idol. The daring darling of the KPop world, the y , Kim Hyunah. She used to cringe and got teary at the label people put on her, as time passes, well she guessed she had gotten numb from all the insults thrown at her, a result from busying herself working hard, producing the best release for the little followers she had. She owed them at least that. 


Her personal life? Oh, she had the loveliest members, always looking out for her, protecting her. Her precious mother and younger brother, the ones she had left after the messy ordeal of her parent's divorce. Two former boyfriends, a nasty heartbreak the second year into her career, she can't recall the last time she ever felt so strong about someone else. Grabbing a blue button up on the floor, she wore it to cover her matching set of red lingerie, the shirt stopped a little further beneath her , she guessed that would do. She tiptoed her way to the kitchen, grabbing the chocolate powder from her cabinet, putting three tablespoon of it into the yellow mug she retrieved from the opposite cabinet. Hot water poured, she stirred the beverage gently as she made her way back to her bedroom and sat at the edge of the window, sipping the heavenly cocoa.
 

...


"We are one! Hello, we are EXO!"

They were looking at them blankly, clearly dumbstruck. Why would an SM idol came to greet them? Jihyun nudged her members, a nudge that was enough to alert them all as they bowed slightly to them, smiling as they know how nerve wrecking it was to greet the seniors back then when they were rookies. Let alone in the idol world, forget the annoying cameras, screaming audience, the seniors would be the most frightening aspect of this world. One of them step forward smiling nervously, they assumed that he is the leader.

"4minute seniors, please enjoy our album" said he, handing a rectangle box to them. 

She scanned through all of their faces carefully not to attract theirs nor her member's attention, blushing when she found the member that would always be paired with her, there stood Kai and Kris Wu, she recognised them easily thanks to Jiyoon who was a big fan of theirs especially the wide-eyed vocalist. Without realising, she gawked at the tall members when something caught her attention, twinkling eyes that mirrored mischief all over, smiling at her. His eyes darted at Kris and Kai's direction before changing its focus towards her knowingly, almost smug. Her cheeks went redder and forced herself to look elsewhere except him, or Kai and Kris for that matter but she could still feel his knowing stares stabbing at her. She kept her position until all of them got out from their waiting room.



"Oh, unnie? Are you blushing?" Sohyun exclaimed, averting the other's attention all towards her. Soon after, the teasing and cat-calling began, curse herself for having the ability to blush so easily.

"Recording in 20, girls. Get ready" Their manager poked his head in, halting their laughter making them all scampered around touching up their makeup and hair, smoothing out their outfits.

"Jihyun unnie, I need to go to the ladies" She announced, after making sure she was stage ready.

"Okay, I'll inform him. Hurry up, okay?"

"Got it" She made an okay sign to the oldest and hurried out towards the nearest bathroom.



Finishing her business, she washed her hands and checked herself out in the mirror. No smudges, not a hair out of place, she got out and rushed to the waiting room. Curse her luck for today, she bumped into someone causing her to fall first on the floor, in pain. She quickly got her head together for it could the staffs or even worse, senior idol. She bowed her head a couple of times, apologising for her clumsiness. 
 

"Are you okay, Hyunah sunbaenim?"

A hand extended to her, offering help, which she took gratefully and pulled herself up. When she finally looked up to thank the hoobae, she gasped in recognition. The same mischievious eyes smiling down at her, adding a grin which made her flustered, yet again. There was another one of them standing behind him, peeking at her, face seeming emotionless, a line of frown forming on his mouth.

"Sunbae, are you okay?" Mr emotionless voiced out.

"Y...yeah. Thank you. I, I've got to go" She bowed to them, scurrying to find her waiting room, leaving the two males to themselves. 

"This is all your fault, hyung. You bumped into her. She's angry at us" The white haired punched the shorter, older playfully on the shoulder.

"How is it my fault? It was an accident!" The latter whined. "She doesn't look angry, though. More like she was flustered" He mumbled to himself.

"What's that hyung?"

"Nothing, nothing. You said you wanted to take care of some business earlier. Let's go" He said, starting to walk when he felt like stepping on something, he lowered himself and picked it up, smirking. "Yah, maknae. Looks like we will have a detour later" 


...


Okay, this is the time to panic! She searched through her backpack, her makeup pouch, and the whole waiting room. The recording for the show has finished, they were all on their way back to the dorm, this was their last schedule. She was already thinking of persuading Jintaek oppa to bring them to a stall when she realised that she lost her phone. There was nothing worth a scandal in it, but there were bunch of private photos, conversations and her planner, she really wasn't keen to have that all shown to the whole world. That bloody phone must be found today! She asked her members to go along ahead, she needed to check out the bathroom after cleaning up their mess in the room, handing out her things to Sohyun. 

"Ah, next stop. Bathroom" she muttered to herself before reaching out to the door handle. But before she can pull it, there was a knock from the other side. A bit taken aback, she pulled the handle anyway and there stood the person she would not like to meet again after the nature of their last encounter.

"Hello, sunbae. May I come in?" He asked, beaming a grin towards her. He had ditch Sehun earlier with the members and decided to come alone. He wasn't usually as impulsive as he is right now, but the girl's reaction when he caught her staring at Kris made him intrigued. Weak excuse, yeah he knew. 

"Umm" She looked for signs of other people besides them, and invited him in. She wasn't comfortable being alone with a male idol in a closed room like this, but she knew if ever anyone saw her talking to him so publicly, she would be in huge trouble. She zipped up her hoodie and crossed her arms on her chest, looking at him suspiciously. "What do you want? And you don't have to address me, it's just Hyunah" 

"Don't misunderstand Hyunah-shi, but I think you left this earlier when we bumped" He held out an Iphone that was every bit familiar to Hyunah. She breathed out a relieved sigh as she took it from his hand and checked the device. Everything was intact, nothing shows it was ever being messed with. The girl surprised him by letting out a brief laugh and grabbing his hand, muttering something between thank you and I'll be dead if anyone else found this, he found himself smiling as he watched the girl happily did her own celebratory ceremony. 


...


It wasn't long before she snapped out of her own little world, finally noticing that she had been holding the guy's hand a tad bit too long. Blushing, she took away her hands gently, coughing out her embarassment, muttering out sorry. She startled when he gripped one of her hand.

"Don't be sorry. I'm not" He repositioned his hand so that it would be like he was giving her a handshake. "I'm sorry if this sounds too sudden, but I like you, Hyunah-shi. Can we be friends?"

"Uh, umm..." She was never approached this directly before. "Uh, sure?" 

"Great!" He beamed at her, she found it hard not to smile back, it was almost contagious. "I'll call you!" Turning his back on her, he got out of the room before she could ask his name. 

 

...



Back at her dorm, she found herself fidgetting around and fiddling with her phone, which sparked some suspicion in the maknae considering the older member never acted like that before. Unless...

"Unnie, are you seeing someone?" She pulled Hyunah to the balcony of their dorm not wanting the other girls to hear. One thing about Hyunah is no matter how hard she tried, she could never lie, the best she could do was speaking through her teeth which explains how queasy she was when the younger girl asked her that. That's when her phone decided to blast 'Attention'. Phew. She eyed the screen. 'Your new friend ;)'

"I need to take this" She walked into her room and locked the door, finding a corner to hide. "Hello?" That came out sounding very little, almost like the tone people used when they were scared. 

"Hello, Hyunah-shi! Surprised?" He sounded very excited. "I'm sorry I looked through your phone, it was only to confirm that it was yours, and saving my number" 

"No, it's okay. No harm done. And please, just Hyunah" The reply was subtle, still adjusting to the friendly tone. 

"Are you sure? Sehun says you look mad earlier, is it because of me? Are you uncomfortable?"

"No, no. I'm not mad, really. It's just that you have a very bold gesture" She heard a chuckle from the other side of the phone.

"Really? Sorry. I can get overfriendly sometimes, it's inherited, you know? I got in trouble multiple times because of it. Gosh. Sometimes I blame my father for it but he dismissed me easily all the time. I'm rambling, aren't I?" It was her turn to have a small laugh.

"Maybe a bit" 

 

...


A month into the interaction, they have become literally the best of friends. They would meet up late at night, have midnight movies, having small talks about their schedules, whining to each other, things all friends do. She became more cheery than she was before, happy all the time, even smiling despite having long, long hours of schedule to attend to, all with the thought that at the end of the day, she would get to meet him. The members would be bloody ignorant if they hadn't notice the difference to their precious little daughter of the group, so they had her cornered one night when she was getting ready, equipped with questions that would put any scandal seeking reporters to shame and since she wasn't great at being a liar, she confessed everything right then and there, from the waiting room up until their last meeting. Their reactions varied, approval look, the skeptical look, the why-don't-you-tell-us-earlier-you-git-had-us-worry-for-nothing look, and then there is the oh-you-are-so-lucky lovey-dovey look. 

"Are you sure you don't have any feelings for this guy?" The girl they often nicknamed as 'nano ankle' Gayoon asked, raising her eyebrow. "You sure do look like you did two years ago" 

She cringed at the mentioned date. "Maybe I did find myself having a little crush on him, but no more, I promise you" 

Gayoon brushed her black hair to the back of her ears gently, an action that made her heart soothe a little. "I'm just worried, honey. I don't want to see you going through another heart break, being with a guy like that doesn't make my worries any better" 

"There's nothing like that, Gayoon unnie. Stop worrying" Her phone rang, a small smile appeared on her pout as she checked the caller id. "That's my cue. Wish me luck" 

"Be careful, Hyunah-ya" She heard Jihyun said faintly as she locked the door.

...



Han river, a popular recreational spot for the Koreans, and if you got lucky, you could even come across popular idols here enjoying their leisure time. He looked over the other side as he leaned on the fence separating the pavement and the dark waters down below, fidgetting nervously as he waited for someone.

"Have you been waiting long?" A tap on his shoulder shook off whatever thoughts he was having earlier. "No. You're here now"

"So..."

"I..."

They both burst in laughter, each trying to cover up their nervousness. Why is it tonight doesn't feel like usual? The air felt thicker, the temperature felt higher.

"You first" He said, finally breaking the silence.

"I think we should not see each other for a little while" 

"Why?" Was all he could force out of his mouth.

She lowered her head. "This thing we had, it's lovely. And somewhere along, whatever I felt at the beginning, it had changed. Even my views of you changed. You only wanted my friendship, but I can't help but demanding more. This has to stop. I have to steer clear of you for a while, or I will lose you forever. And I don't want to lose anyone anymore"
Tears were welling up in her eyes.

There was a short silence before she felt his hands on both sides of her cheeks, wiping the salt water away. "Hey, don't cry okay? You look horrible" She hit him on the chest, earning herself a pained moan from him and a satisfied grin for herself. "That's why I asked you to come down here tonight. I can't be friends with you anymore" He said, with a serious expression.

"But why?"

"Because, you fool, everything's changed for me too. Whatever friendly intention I had earlier back was poof! And here I am, flinching around on how to tell you this when you felt the same way. Geez, Hyun. You need to learn to be unpredictable sometimes, it's getting...ooff!" He crouched in pain when the girl smacked him on his belly with her bag.

"People don't talk badly of the other person whom he was confessing to. Unbelievable" She reprimanded, before started to leave him.

"Stupid, idiot"

Stomp.

"What did I saw in him anyway?"

Stomp.

"My brain needed rewiring"

Stomp.

"Stupi...ooff!" 

Arms crossed around her body, he whispered into her ear. "But I love you, can't I be forgiven for at least that?" She wrung herself free, glaring at him.

"I'll think about it" She took off again, trying to hide the smile on her face at his cheesiness.

"Yah, yah!"

...

 

 

 

 

"What is this?" She shoved her Ipad at him, taking him by surprise. His eyes widen as he took a look at the screen. .

"Please, Hyun. I can explain" She almost gave into his pleading eyes, no, she can't tolerate this, she can't just let this go as she did before.

"What's there left to explain?! The pictures clearly tells everything. So when are you planning to tell me about this? Till another picture of you and her all over each other surfaced? Huh? Answer me, Byun Baekhyun!" She was on her knees, tired of her own screaming, the tears was flowing non-stop. 

It doesn't take long before he too, was kneeling in front of her, trying to engulf her small frame into his embrace, she tried protesting against it but up to no avail, at last, she let him hug her before she too wrapped her arms around him trying to hold on to him, she wasn't lying when she had said to him she loves him. She can't live without him. But what about his love? Was that a lie? The warm hugs? The electrifying kisses? Was that all pretense? That mere thought boiled her insides and she shoved him away.

"I, I can't do this" She wiped her tears away, got up to her feet, making her way to the front door and when she heard his footsteps right behind her, she turned back to glare at him. "Don't follow me. Please. If anything that happen between us is true, if you do love me after all, then please, don't. Just let me go" 

He did.

...



The feel of someone hugging her from behind, planting a kiss behind her neck woke her from her long trip deep inside her head. Suddenly, she was sitting on her window panels again, cars were honking at each other, her yellow minion mug sitting across her on the same panel.

"Can't sleep?" A hoarse voice rang into her ears. 

"Hmmm" She leaned back into his embrace, enjoying the warmth he was providing, while it lasted. The latter, on the other hand was playing with her long, now brown locks. "I love you" He whispered, cuddled her even tighter, inhaling as much of her scent as he could for the night.

"Me too. Always" 



 


The most potent drug created for a human being is another human being  -Anonymous.