three

When 12 Became 11
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris hated crying.
He always thought crying was something for the weak.
So why was hot salty tears flowing down like a waterfall down his cheeks while he made his bed?
On that particular morning, Kris made his bed with added effort, even smoothing out the sheets from the crinkles it had when Kris tossed and turned endlessly last night. Kris knew that his last morning spent together with the people he’d come to know as brothers would be one filled with tears . Along with goodbyes, of course. 
What Kris hadn’t expect, was to see the other members busying themselves in the kitchen, their movements blurry as they attempted to cook the best breakfast for Kris without waking him up. They were oblivious to the tall guy leaning on the kitchen’s doorway, trying to contain his laughter at how silly the other members looked while trying to talk in whispers, along with glares that could have killed. Kris had wanted to watch them a little while more, for he knew he wouldn’t be able to see this sight, more or less ever again.
That was until, clumsy Chanyeol dropped the metal cylinder container, the round object making a loud echoing sound that bounced off the kitchen’s wall while it rolled and rolled, eventually stopping at Kris’s feet. Their eyes following the movement of the container, eventually landing on Kris. Kris bent down and picked up the container, while the others’ eyes followed through his movements. All cooking activity ceased, as they saw the man who held the container in his hand with a slight smirk.
“Go on. Continue. That was interesting as hell to watch.”
Kris said with a light chuckle, the action seemed to have started activity in the kitchen again.
From the corner of his eyes, he could see the radiant sunshine pass through the glass windows. The aroma of freshly cooked breakfast clouded the air, allowing the kitchen to seem brighter than it was.
Kris sighed with content, as he watched his friends’ backs, their movements swift as they quickly prepared breakfast for 12.

“It’s done!”
Suho announced as he clapped his hands together with happiness, seemingly proud that 11 men who had amateur cooking skills managed to cook breakfast for 12 without any accidents. All 12 people sat down together at the long dining table, laughing and eating together, looking like a family of 12 brothers from far. With Baekhyun and Chanyeol cracking random jokes, playing childish pranks, the breakfast was st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter