one

When 12 Became 11
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When they were called in to talk, it seemed like an everyday thing. Especially since their new album came out, they were so busy. They got sick more often, couldn’t keep awake during meetings and barely got any rest. They did harbor the thought of giving up, but the journey with the other eleven seemed much more precious than their own wants. They forced their bodies to the point of exhaustion, eventually falling ill. But they weren’t sent to a hospital. The staff felt like medicine from pharmacies and an hour of sleep would suffice. It eventually became a routine. But they grew accustomed it. They endured the fatigue, and continued doing what they were paid to do. Except him.

Growing up, Kris was never the type of kid to lie and said everything was fine when it clearly wasn’t. He was more outspoken. Like that other time when he got bullied, he went straight home and cried everything out to his mother. Eventually, the bully was expelled.

Kris was also very caring. He tended to overdo it sometimes but otherwise, his friends found it to be nice with him. He cared so much, he seemed like a real brother. Like the EXO boys,  he cared a lot about them. And was often overprotective of them, being one of the older few. 

“Baekhyun-ah! I told you to rest! Why didn’t you listen?”

Chanyeol cried out in desperation, hoping Baekhyun would stop vomiting out his lunch. If he continued, he wouldn’t have enough energy to last till the wee hours of the morning. He breathed out, seeing that Baekhyun was pretty much just dry heaving now. He pulled Baekhyun up to his feet, but slightly wobbled when Baekhyun leant completely on him. Chanyeol straightened himself again, and tightened the grip on Baekhyun’s arm that was draped around his shoulder. He walked in shuffles to the sink and washed Baekhyun’s mouth. He glanced at Baekhyun, whose face was so pale yet his cheeks were so red. Chanyeol stretched an arm towards Baekhyun, touching his forehead, horrified when he felt that Baekhyun felt too warm.

“The ing medicine they’ve been giving you doesn’t seem to be working. If it’s from one of the cheap pharmacies again, I swear.”

Chanyeol muttered, as he dragged the now half  awake Baekhyun back to his room and laid him in bed.

Kris was getting a drink, and found Chanyeol with a deep frown etched onto his face. He seemed worried yet angry. Kris wearily approached him, not wanting to startle the frowning giant. Just then, Chanyeol spun his head in Kris’s direction, freezing Kris in his footsteps.

“Hyung? What are you doing here?”

Kris replied, “ Oh. I’m just getting a drink. You seem worried. What’s up?”

Chanyeol looked hesitant, knowing Kris would approach the staff and demand for the truth.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter