Twentieth Stop

Choo-Choo Talk

Suga grunted as a fist slammed into his cheek. Growling, he whipped out a foot and caught his opponent in the stomach, sending him flying into the wall.

The thrill of the fight ran through his body like an electric current and a cruel grin grew across his face. The familiar bloodlust pounded in his head, clouding his thoughts and judgment.

He had run as fast as he could to help out his best friends, his blood brothers, and when he’d found them being overwhelmed by the sheer number of attackers, he’d fallen into a rage. He was a maelstrom of violence, spinning through the fray with speed and brute strength. It wasn’t long before his added power helped BTS turn the tide of the fight.

Most of the other gang’s guys were down by now, but Suga was still itching to brawl. He stalked around, kicking some of the poor conscious bastards.

Suga.

His brows furrowed. He thought he heard someone call his name, but he quickly shook it off as someone stood up and ran at him with a limp.

Suga.

He didn’t even bother to dodge or block, simply flung a punch forward, catching the other guy in the jaw and knocking him down.

Suga!

He felt someone grab his arm, holding him back. He heard someone—Jungkook?—speak into his ear: “Hyung, stop!” Annoyed, he threw off the person hanging from his arm, barely registering the groan of pain that resulted.

MIN YOONGI!

His head snapped to the side and squinted in the darkness. He vaguely made out the shape of a girl and two boys. The girl, panting, slowly moved toward him until the moonlight hit her face, and his eyes widened. “Sujin?”

Her face was uncharacteristically angry—and afraid. Suga’s confusion was like a bucket of cold water—his bloodlust dissipated almost immediately as he wondered what the she was doing here.

His eyes moved to the two boys behind her and he felt his anger grow again. “You bastards, I told you to take her home—”

Smack.

Suga’s head whipped to the side, more out of surprise at the sudden attack than from any real weight in her slap. He looked back at Sujin, who now stood before him, fuming and near tears.

“Don’t yell at them! It’s not their fault! Why do they have to listen to you anyway?” she shouted, louder than he’d ever heard her speak before. “And look what you did to Jungkook! You could’ve really hurt him! And you!” She turned her attention to the other BTS members who had been standing by silently. “Why didn’t you stop him? Why didn’t you help Jungkook? What’s wrong with you?”

Jimin stepped forward with a mocking sneer. “Why should we stop him? He was beating the out of everyone on his own!”

He was losing control and you know it!” she screamed at him, surprising everyone at the ferocity in her voice. “If you’re his friends, why do you let him destroy himself like this!?”

“Sujin, whatwhat are you doing here?” Suga finally spoke up.

A tear slipped down her cheek and she swallowed down a sob. “Youyou are a much kinder person than you think, Min Yoongi. And I just…I just don’t want to see you do something you’ll regret for the rest of your life.”

Someone snorted in the background and Sujin glared at Jimin. She turned away from Suga, making her way to Jungkook and helping him up.

“Thanks, Noona,” he said with a wince as he leaned on her for support, limping back to the street and away from here.

“No need to thank me,” she said, trying for a smile and failing. They stopped in front of Hoseok and Taehyung and she looked at the two of them gratefully. “Thank you for bringing me here.”

They nodded at her solemnly and watched as she and Jungkook walked away.

Rap Monster finally spoke up. “V, J-Hope. What are you doing here?”

“We don’t go by those names anymore, remember?” Hoseok smiled grimly. “Suga, let’s go.”

“Suga,” Rap Monster said warningly.

Suga glanced between his former and current brothers helplessly. He was confused beyond words and he really just wanted to rewind time a few hours to when he and Sujin were hanging out at his house, away from all this conflict.

Sighing, Hoseok stalked forward and grabbed Suga by the arm, dragging him away, Taehyung bringing up the rear. Jimin snarled after them but he, Rap Monster, and Jin were too tired and injured to run after them.

Suga let them pull him along all the way back to his house. The lights were on inside and he realized that Sujin must have brought Jungkook here to tend to his wounds.

“Hyung.”

Suga looked at Taehyung.

“She really cares about you, you know?” Taehyung nodded at the front door. “Don’t disappoint her.”

With that, he and Hoseok turned to leave. They were almost out of sight when Suga called out to them.

They looked back at him curiously.

“Just…thanks,” Suga grumbled, embarrassed, and went into his house before he could see their reactions.

The door slammed shut behind him loudly, echoing faintly throughout the house. He could hear movement in the kitchen, where the lights were on. He took a deep breath and walked in.

He found Sujin cleaning off the blood and dirt on Jungkook and patching up his wounds. He was mostly just bruised, nothing broken or bleeding, but the bruises were already swelling. Sujin glanced at Suga and pointed at an empty chair. He took the cue and sat down.

She finished up with Jungkook, smiling softly at him and telling him to be more careful before facing Suga. Her smile fell and she became uncertain, as if she didn’t know what face to put on for him. He tried to smile but winced when the attempt reopened a shallow cut near his lips. She quickly went to him and began to clean the cut.

“Does it hurt a lot?” she asked, being careful not to put too much pressure on the wound or wipe it too hard.

“I’ve had worse.”

“But it hurts?”

He sighed. “Not much.”

There was a choking sound behind them and they both turned to stare at Jungkook in concern.

“Oh, don’t mind me. Just getting a cavity from how sweet you two are,” Jungkook joked, laughing at the sight of Sujin’s red face and Suga’s dark scowl.

“Anyway!” Suga cleared his throat. “Sujin, how did you find us? Why did you come?”

“Oh, um, your friends led me there after I asked them,” she explained, working on his scraped knuckles now. “I was…worried. About you fighting again. Do you, um, remember when I asked you if you liked to fight?”

Suga nodded, recalling the conversation. If he had been fully aware at the time, he probably wouldn’t have answered her. As it was, he’d been so relaxed and lethargic that the words ended up slipping out of his mouth before he’d properly thought them through.

She spoke hesitantly, not wanting to upset him. “You said…that it made you feel strong. That you fight because…because you couldn’t—before. But that you always hated it after, especially if you lost control. You said fighting gave you nightmares that—that made your memories worse. And I just—didn’t want you to go back to that. Because you can finally sleep now! And—and—well, yeah.”

She finished bandaging him up and stepped back, busying herself by packing up the first aid supplies so she wouldn’t have to see his face. But his touch on her waist stilled her and her eyes were drawn to his.

His face looked more vulnerable than she’d ever seen it while he was still awake. She gasped when he pulled her close and hugged her around her waist, bowing his head into her stomach and closing his eyes.

“Thanks,” he whispered. “You’re right, I would have regretted it and stopped sleeping again.”

She smiled down at the back of his head and began threading her fingers through his soft hair. “You’re welcome.”

There was a moment of peace before Jungkook coughed and spoke up. “Um, I’m still here?”

Sujin squeaked and tried to jump away but Suga tightened his hold on her. “You can go now.”

“Oh! It’s late, Jungkook, you should just stay here,” Sujin invited kindly.

“Oi, is this your house?” Suga muttered. Her hand on his head froze and he sighed. “Upstairs, middle room. Go to sleep, maknae.”

“He’s hurt,” Sujin said reproachfully. “I’ll help him.”

“Ah, it’s fine, Noona. I think Suga-hyung needs you more right now,” Jungkook smirked. He stood, his muscles protesting painfully, and carefully made his way upstairs.

Sujin and Suga remained in their positions for a long while, but eventually Sujin grew tired of standing.

“Suga—”

“Yoongi.”

“Huh?”

“Call me Yoongi from now on,” he demanded. “I like it when you say my name.”

She blushed hotly. “Y-Yoongi, then.”

He smiled, thought she couldn’t see it.

“Um, aren’t you tired as well? You should go to sleep.”

“What about you?”

She glanced at the time and her eyes widened comically. “Oh wow, it’s really late! I—I should call my parents first. I hope they’re not too worried! Or angry. Does the subway still run at this time?”

“Stay over. I’ll sleep on the couch.”

“What? No!”

“I’m too tired to walk you to the station and there’s no ing way you’re going alone. So stay. I’ll talk to your parents.”

She bit her lip. “I—fine. But I’ll sleep on the couch! I can’t take over your bed.”

“You can and you will.” He pulled back and stared up at her. “Now call your parents.”

“Sug—Yoongi, really, I—”

His hand wandered over her pockets, making her squeak when it passed over her , and pulled out her phone, calling home for her. “Here.”

Exasperated and flustered, she took it and waited for her parents to answer. “Hello? Mom? I—Mom, listen to me! I should’ve gone home earlier, I know, I’m sorry…no, it’s just, um, I, well, lost track of time while studying”—at this, Suga scoffed and Sujin frowned at him for interrupting—“and then I fell asleep. I only just woke up…yes, yes, I’m sorry! No, it’s fine! Su—Yoongi said I can stay over, that’s more convenient…Huh? No—Dad! Stop it, he’s not—Dad!”

Suga raised an eyebrow and held out a hand for the phone. She glanced at it and sighed, yielding it to him.

“Mr. Lee, it’s Yoongi. It’s late and we’re both very tired. I don’t think we should be walking anywhere at this time of night. Sujin will sleep in the guest room.” Sujin gave him a look but he waved it away. “Yes, I swear I will not touch her. On my life.” Sujin buried her face in her hands and moaned in embarrassment. “Yessir. I’ll have her back tomorrow morning after breakfast. Yes. Thank you.” He hung up.

She stared at him. “That’s it? They didn’t wanna talk to me?”

He shrugged. “They agreed. What else is there?”

“W-why did you lie? About the guest room?”

He gave her a look. “’C’mon Sujin, you’re smart. You really think your parents are gonna let you sleep in a house with two teenage boys?”

“W-w-w-well, I-I guess—”

“And I didn’t really wanna tell your dad you’d be sleepin’ in my bed. That just doesn’t sound good.”

She didn’t think her face could get any redder, but she was proved wrong. “Yoongi!”

He chuckled. “What? It’s true.” He yawned and blinked blearily. “Let’s sleep. We’ll talk more in the morning.” He stood and began to drag her behind him as he headed upstairs.

“Wait, I’m sleeping on the couch—”

“No, you’re not.”

“Then—then sleep with me!”

He stopped and whirled around to stare at her in shock. “The you just say!?”

She was blushing but she gazed back naively. “I mean, your bed is big enough for two people so…”

He sighed and ran a hand over his face. “Did you not hear me swear on my life that I wouldn’t touch you?”

She tilted her head. “But you won’t. I trust you.”

“More than I trust myself,” he ground out. “Sujin, it’s fine. The couch is pretty comfortable. I napped there today, you saw.”

“Napping is different from sleeping,” she protested. She grabbed his hand and began pulling him up the steps. “My dad won’t know if we don’t tell him!”

He groaned. “Oh god, I’m a bad influence on you. .”

Suga resigned himself to his fate when she closed the door of his room behind them and stripped off her jacket and socks. She turned to him and tugged at his hoodie, but he stepped back and did it himself. Then he went to his dresser and rummaged around before coming up with a large T-shirt and shorts. He tossed them at her and told her to change.

Nodding, she scurried to the bathroom and quickly got dressed in his clothes. They were soft and worn and vaguely smelled like him—something fresh and sweet. Smiling, she folded her clothes and returned to his room, leaving her clothes by the door.

He’d changed as well, into comfier clothes. He took one look at her, froze, cursed, and spun around, muttering fiercely under his breath. Confused but too tired to care, she got onto his bed and slid under the covers, patting the space beside her.

Jaw clenched, he didn’t look at her as he stiffly climbed into bed, practically dangling over the edge so that he wouldn’t touch her.

“Yoongi?” she said softly. “Areare you okay?”

“No, I’m not,” he grit out.

She flinched. “Diddid I do something? I’m sorry.”

She heard him sigh and shift so that he was closer to her. “You didn’t do anything so don’t apologize. I’m just…being stupid. Go to sleep.”

“Okay.” Closing her eyes, she found that she was actually really exhausted from everything that had happened. Blindly reaching out, her fingers brushed his back and clutched into his shirt, ignoring how he stiffened. She curled in closer to him and murmured almost inaudibly, “Good night.”

Maybe she dreamed it, but she could’ve sworn he flipped over and laid an arm over her hip and whispered good night.


A/N: We're getting there! Some more feel-good, fluffy moments for you! These last few chapters have turned out way fluffier than I'd originally planned!

This chapter took a lot longer than I'd thought it would, mainly cuz I hadn't fully figured out the aftermath of the fight. But it's all done now, so I'm posting! Yay!

Enjoy! Thank you too all you new subscribers, upvoters, and commenters! <3

skyblaze208, OUT!


© Copyright 2015 by skyblaze208