Second Stop

Choo-Choo Talk

It had been a week since she started riding the subway to and from school and she had seen Suga every day so far. His stop must have been farther than hers because he was always there before she got on in the morning and still there when she got off in the afternoon.

They hadn't spoken again. In fact, he never acknowledged her existence. She wondered if he had been curious enough to figure out her name. Probably not.

For her, though, she found herself tuning into any conversation that had to do with him or his gang. She couldn't help her curiosity. It was like now that she had come into contact with him, he had become noticeable to her. She wasn't sure if she liked it.

She sighed and held tightly onto the rail as her eyes darted to his lounging figure. This time he caught her looking and his face turned stormy.

She whipped her face away, burning with embarrassment. She wished the ground would open up and swallow her but sadly, it didn't. She was so flustered that she actually missed her stop.

When they arrived at the next stop, she looked at the signs outside and frowned. The names looked unfamiliar.

Her eyes widened in shock when she realized what had happened.

She began to panic.

"What do I do, what do I do?" she muttered to herself. She remembered that this was the last subway moving in this direction and once it reached the end, it was out of service for the day. She would have to get off and walk back.

Except she had no idea where she was or how to get home.

If only her parents didn't work so late! She would call them but they hated being interrupted during work and always turned their phones off. After all, how could they expect her to be so silly?

Tears pricked her eyes as a sense of loss hit her. She wished someone she knew was here.

Her eyes landed on Suga. She bit her lip. Technically, she did know him but she definitely wasn't comfortable with him. Plus, he wasn't likely to help her even if she asked. Probably would just keep ignoring her.

But she didn't even remotely know anyone else and as she glanced around her, all of the strangers began to seem sinister under the fading light of the sky.

She'd take her chances with Suga. She remembered the sliver of humanity she had seen a week ago and hoped it would pity her again.

She inched closer to him little by little while he continued glaring the other way. If he noticedwhich he must have since she was anything but smoothhe didn't comment on it, for which she was grateful.

It was almost the last stop when he got off and with a frightened squeak, she hastily ran after him. Surely, they would pass some place where she could ask for help. The sky was dark by now, the sun having gone to sleep an hour ago, and it looked like they were in an extremely shady part of town that she hadn't even known existed.

She was starting to realize just how little she actually knew about her hometown and the people living in it.

The further they walked, the darker and more secluded it got, until eventually she was forced to jog after him for fear of completely losing his trail. She was practically running next to him when he finally stopped and turned to her.

"Why the hell are you following me?" he snarled.

"I-I-I'm s-sorry!" she managed to apologize. "I missed my stop and I didn't know how to get home and I didn't know anyone else and I'm really sorry!"

He scoffed. "If you're sorry then leave."

"Wait!" she cried, shocking both of them. "Can you justplease, just tell me how to get home?"

"No." And he walked away.

It was like he had melted into shadow because no matter which way she went, she couldn't find him. She barely noticed the tears staining her cheeks because she was so scared.

She ended up on a dark and empty street in the middle of nowhere. She could hardly see two feet ahead of herself and she really felt like she would never get home. Suddenly, the darkness merged into two approaching figures. She almost sobbed in relief, thinking they could help her.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" one of them spoke in a leery voice.

"Is the little girl lost in the slums without her mommy and daddy? Hm?" the other one mocked.

They closed in on her, pulling at her hair and backpack, trying to take anything of worth while she tried to protect her belongings and get away.

"No! Please stop!" she shouted. "Help! Help! Someone help me!"

"There's no one here, little girl," one man cackled before diving at her with renewed force.

Please, someone, she thought wildly, desperately. Suga...

"Hey. What do you fools think you're doing?"


© Copyright 2014 by skyblaze208